MP New Gamemode Suggestion - Faction Warfare

Users who are viewing this thread

reen

Sergeant at Arms
I have 2000+ hours of Warband multiplayer experience and i can fairly say that i am very disappointed in what we have in Bannerlord. MP gamemodes are unplayable at the moment.

I have an idea unless we have to wait for another decade. Progression and global campaign-ish wars and it is not that hard to implement. I called it faction warfare. Let me explain.

*Each character will have an account. Everybody starts the game with basic peasant items and the items will be very expensive.
*Each player will also choose a FACTION which are game's factions (Aserai, Battania etc.) These items that fit the culture will be a little bit cheaper so that will induce players to buy theirs.
*Best part: Every week, each one of the factions will be fighting with some other faction. There will be random wars generated by servers. People who join those servers (according to player's faction) will be assigned to their faction and 50v50 fights will occur. (GOOD OLD BATTLE MODE)
*After a week, according to which faction wins (Average of all the fights that took place at that week), they will be rewarded with gold. Or some gold after each fight and some other weekly reward; it's up to you.
*There could also be character development, like giving weapon proficiency points and athletics, ironflesh bla bla.

This is straight e-sports. A place for big clans. Competition. A purpose for players.

I am so sad with Bannerlord’s current multiplayer.

Ps: I realised I joined here on March 26, 2006. WOW

This seems similar to the cRPG mod, which I'm sure some modders will likely make. Not sure if Taleworlds would implement something like this as balancing this would be a nightmare from the sounds of things. What would be interesting is perhaps taking out those elements and having some sort of campaign done. Perhaps how For Honor does it's campaign maps would be interesting to see.

Yes, You guessed it right. I had played CRPG for ten years.

If this would be a mod then only ten percent of players will be AWARE of its existence and potential players won’t play it.That’s why I want it to be official.

And trust me, it is not hard to do that. I don’t understand how a seventeen year old mod it and team of developers can’t.

It would be a x2 hit if you implement this.Do you know why? I understand Taleworlds’ emphasis on singleplayer because that is the core of their game and why players like it. But look at most streamed games, look at steam stats for most players in game count. 9/10 of them are competitive games. They include MMR, progression, beating other players but not AI.

This is what I see in gaming industry and what I want Bannerlord to be. I hope, someday.

Have you thought about how much work this gamemode would take? This isn't a gamemode, this is a new multiplayer game on itself

No there’s nothing extra to do except one more tab on the menu where you can buy your items and choose your faction.

Then, all you need is servers and a simple piece of code.

I WOULD KILL FOR THIS!

TW listen up now. Once upon a beautiful time there was a mod for Warband that was the most fun multiplayer experience I have ever had, period. It was due to several factors, and I will try to be brief and make a comprehensive description (again) for you here so you will understand.

c-RPG worked like this. You created your own character(s), which had its own level, gold, skills and attributes. You would start at lvl 15, and be able to reach 32 or so, and if you played crazy much you could reach lvl 33, or 34, but going to lvl 33 took as much experience as going from lvl 1 all the way to 32, and 34 was all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 33. You had the option however to retire at lvl 33, which set you back to lvl 1 (you got extra experience until you reach level 15 again), and by retiring you got more experience for any future games, plus some kind of "orb of upgrade", that you could use to enhance your favourite weapon or armor, giving it a slight boost such as +1 dmg and +1 speed, or +3 body armor.

Different weapons had of course different requirements, and you had to plan a bit and decide how you wanted to play your character. A balanced troop that could throw hard, wield a shield, but hit a bit weaker than average and not be able to use bows, go for it, or any other build you would want.

When it came to equipment every character you create start with basic peasant gear, but you earn gold through playing online regular battles, in siege, and what not, and with this gold you could log-onto this web site (this could be done in-game in Bannerlord though) and buy new equipment. Horses, shields, weapons, etc. Then equip it. It would all be available in a list in-game to equip, as long as you had the required attributes and skills.

Every piece of gear had %-chance to break after each played round, requiring repair. Repairs only took some money from your stash, automatically, so the game never actually prevented you from still using your weapons and armor. Only if you constantly ran around in the most expensive items you could have, would you likely run out of money and not be able to afford the upkeep. That's why it was fun to experiment with different items too - do I wanna put more money into my weapon, my shield, my armor, or helmet? Or maybe completely forgo one of these in favor of speed and saving money?

This was crazy fun in all, everyone looked very unique and had their own particular styles and favourite weapons, and I could tell, and still can tell, people immediately apart should I see them on the battlefield.

Now for the BIG part of all of this. The biggest PULL and EXCITEMENT with c-RPG I came to learn was what was called 'Strategus'.
What is Strategus you ask? Well, in short and simply put it is the Singleplayer experience mixed with the multiplayer experience.
Take the map of Calradia, with all the castles and villages, put this map online in a browser (Or in Bannerlord, if you make this).
When you log into this Strategus you will spawn a little dot on this map, that's you. With time, and money, you can recruit people just with time passing by, you'd get something like 1 recruit and hour, and twice as many if you had less than 50 recruits or so.

When moving on this map, you wouldn't see any other parties unless they were close enough, or big enough, or if you were high up enough (for example scouting from a mountain), and likewise, if you were hiding in a piece of woods on the map people would have to walk right next to you to be able to see you, unless you fielded 500 men. Which made for great tactics where people would scout with tiny parties, moving fast and trying to stay elevated on the map, and have parties ready to ambush set out.

Now, when you moved on this map, you would click a location to move there, but instead of a trip from Village A to Village B taking 1 minute in-game in Warband, it would take say 10 hours of real-time, or more even. Covering big distances on this map took days, depending on horses and load and equipment and terrain. Which made the world feel big, and that every encounter and decision had meaning - because there was a lot at stake.

If any party engaged any other party on the map, once touching they would become locked in location on the map, "Engaged in a Battle", but the battle would actually take place 24 hours forward (or so), on a specific server. People could look in a tab called "Upcoming Battles", and it would say for example "Tomorrow 12:45 the Butterbois will battle Lardbois", and you could apply to be able to participate in the battle.
If you are in charge of a battle, you could check your upcoming battles, and you'd see everyone that has applied to your battle to fight for your side, and you had the choice to accept or deny their application. You would see the stats of the intended character they wanted to bring as a soldier in your battle, and they could also write a short message such as "Archer +1h and shield", or "Cav + 2h", or "Xbox + shield".

Actual battles were played ONLY BY REAL PLAYERS. Every unit in your army, had to be played by a player, NO NPCS IN ANY BATTLE AT ALL! In addition, every man you had in your party on the map would need to be equipped by you as well. If you had 50 men and wanted them to have armor, you'd have to buy literally 50 armor sets from villages and castles, of varying quality and cost, as well as weapons. A lot of people, especially early on when money was low, would only buy armors for everyone and shields and helmets, but maybe only 20-30 weapons. Because, when people die, allies or enemies, you can pick up their weapons. No need to bring the full amount, as long as the guys spawning has weapons or can pick some weapons up close by.

All of this made for the most fun, elaborate, crazy, whacky, and creative fights I've had. Enemy team buying two cheap cavalry or mules or donkeys to bring without without or knowledge early in the game, to harass us in battles and steal our weapons, putting up wooden pallisades, defending your teams village when under attack, having to set up and prepare the defense beforehand (you got like 5 minutes to prepare defenses as a defender when defending a village, castle or town, which made for great tactics). People would be playing 100vs100 sieges with only players on each side, where a clan would bring all the equipments on their sides, everything literally bought by people in the game, and often times they'd had themes or tactics. So much fun.

SUMMARY: Read everything above. It is too much to summarize in one or two sentances.

I WOULD KILL FOR THIS!

TW listen up now. Once upon a beautiful time there was a mod for Warband that was the most fun multiplayer experience I have ever had, period. It was due to several factors, and I will try to be brief and make a comprehensive description (again) for you here so you will understand.

c-RPG worked like this. You created your own character(s), which had its own level, gold, skills and attributes. You would start at lvl 15, and be able to reach 32 or so, and if you played crazy much you could reach lvl 33, or 34, but going to lvl 33 took as much experience as going from lvl 1 all the way to 32, and 34 was all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 33. You had the option however to retire at lvl 33, which set you back to lvl 1 (you got extra experience until you reach level 15 again), and by retiring you got more experience for any future games, plus some kind of "orb of upgrade", that you could use to enhance your favourite weapon or armor, giving it a slight boost such as +1 dmg and +1 speed, or +3 body armor.

Different weapons had of course different requirements, and you had to plan a bit and decide how you wanted to play your character. A balanced troop that could throw hard, wield a shield, but hit a bit weaker than average and not be able to use bows, go for it, or any other build you would want.

When it came to equipment every character you create start with basic peasant gear, but you earn gold through playing online regular battles, in siege, and what not, and with this gold you could log-onto this web site (this could be done in-game in Bannerlord though) and buy new equipment. Horses, shields, weapons, etc. Then equip it. It would all be available in a list in-game to equip, as long as you had the required attributes and skills.

Every piece of gear had %-chance to break after each played round, requiring repair. Repairs only took some money from your stash, automatically, so the game never actually prevented you from still using your weapons and armor. Only if you constantly ran around in the most expensive items you could have, would you likely run out of money and not be able to afford the upkeep. That's why it was fun to experiment with different items too - do I wanna put more money into my weapon, my shield, my armor, or helmet? Or maybe completely forgo one of these in favor of speed and saving money?

This was crazy fun in all, everyone looked very unique and had their own particular styles and favourite weapons, and I could tell, and still can tell, people immediately apart should I see them on the battlefield.

Now for the BIG part of all of this. The biggest PULL and EXCITEMENT with c-RPG I came to learn was what was called 'Strategus'.
What is Strategus you ask? Well, in short and simply put it is the Singleplayer experience mixed with the multiplayer experience.
Take the map of Calradia, with all the castles and villages, put this map online in a browser (Or in Bannerlord, if you make this).
When you log into this Strategus you will spawn a little dot on this map, that's you. With time, and money, you can recruit people just with time passing by, you'd get something like 1 recruit and hour, and twice as many if you had less than 50 recruits or so.

When moving on this map, you wouldn't see any other parties unless they were close enough, or big enough, or if you were high up enough (for example scouting from a mountain), and likewise, if you were hiding in a piece of woods on the map people would have to walk right next to you to be able to see you, unless you fielded 500 men. Which made for great tactics where people would scout with tiny parties, moving fast and trying to stay elevated on the map, and have parties ready to ambush set out.

Now, when you moved on this map, you would click a location to move there, but instead of a trip from Village A to Village B taking 1 minute in-game in Warband, it would take say 10 hours of real-time, or more even. Covering big distances on this map took days, depending on horses and load and equipment and terrain. Which made the world feel big, and that every encounter and decision had meaning - because there was a lot at stake.

If any party engaged any other party on the map, once touching they would become locked in location on the map, "Engaged in a Battle", but the battle would actually take place 24 hours forward (or so), on a specific server. People could look in a tab called "Upcoming Battles", and it would say for example "Tomorrow 12:45 the Butterbois will battle Lardbois", and you could apply to be able to participate in the battle.
If you are in charge of a battle, you could check your upcoming battles, and you'd see everyone that has applied to your battle to fight for your side, and you had the choice to accept or deny their application. You would see the stats of the intended character they wanted to bring as a soldier in your battle, and they could also write a short message such as "Archer +1h and shield", or "Cav + 2h", or "Xbox + shield".

Actual battles were played ONLY BY REAL PLAYERS. Every unit in your army, had to be played by a player, NO NPCS IN ANY BATTLE AT ALL! In addition, every man you had in your party on the map would need to be equipped by you as well. If you had 50 men and wanted them to have armor, you'd have to buy literally 50 armor sets from villages and castles, of varying quality and cost, as well as weapons. A lot of people, especially early on when money was low, would only buy armors for everyone and shields and helmets, but maybe only 20-30 weapons. Because, when people die, allies or enemies, you can pick up their weapons. No need to bring the full amount, as long as the guys spawning has weapons or can pick some weapons up close by.

All of this made for the most fun, elaborate, crazy, whacky, and creative fights I've had. Enemy team buying two cheap cavalry or mules or donkeys to bring without without or knowledge early in the game, to harass us in battles and steal our weapons, putting up wooden pallisades, defending your teams village when under attack, having to set up and prepare the defense beforehand (you got like 5 minutes to prepare defenses as a defender when defending a village, castle or town, which made for great tactics). People would be playing 100vs100 sieges with only players on each side, where a clan would bring all the equipments on their sides, everything literally bought by people in the game, and often times they'd had themes or tactics. So much fun.

SUMMARY: Read everything above. It is too much to summarize in one or two sentances.

I don’t want them to do exactly what crpg did. Something similar but a lot more simple.

What was your crpg name? Do I know you? :smile:

I don’t want them to do exactly what crpg did. Something similar but a lot more simple.

What was your crpg name? Do I know you? :smile:

Hey man, all I know is I and maany more want exactly that Strategus part, but improved :smile: It would be damn wicked.
I had several, depends on the character. Libertine_Sol, and some others, but somehow, right now, I cannot remember the other names (lol!).

Found em, my characters were:

Libertine_Sol (Templario_Libertine_Sol)
Conifero_Auxilio (Templario_Conifero_Auxilio)
Ronin_Sennin (Samurai_Ronin_Sennin)
Jaromindo_Sol
Jabalinero_Amaranthino_Sol
Decima_Europa
Anzuelo_del_Sur

Your suggestion is a great idea for a mod. I am sure some people will eventually make something like this for Bannerlord. However, this is not for native. I feel like native is right the way it is (except for not being able to fully customize loadout with gold).

Your suggestion is a great idea for a mod. I am sure some people will eventually make something like this for Bannerlord. However, this is not for native. I feel like native is right the way it is (except for not being able to fully customize loadout with gold).
Multiplayer as it is, is a joke, seriously.

Back
Top Bottom