SP - Quests new game system idea. Skill stat exp quests.

Users who are viewing this thread

cassandra112

Recruit
so, the idea of skill books was one of my first ideas on how to help skill up the more difficult to learn skills. However, it recently occurred to me, there is a much more elegant solution. one I'm kindof shocked in hindsight is not already in the game.

Quests that award skill exp based on their content.

These quests, should ideally then be largely non-combat, and use the town/village settings.

Example: Quest: treat the sick. Administer the poultice to 10 sick villagers.
Variant. treat the wounded. can spawn if a town/keep has wounded garrison or visiting lord.
Variant. Help deliver the child. if a noble lady is in the keep, and pregnant, this one can spawn.
All award Medicine EXP. also, increase hearths, or speed up healing, or just immediate birth.

Quest:steal a vase from the keep. given by one of the gang leaders, can't be from a town you own.
quest: shake down the local weapons merchant.
Roguery exp.

Quest: train militia. zone in to the town/village, go up to the militia leader. have actual troops spawn in, and actually give battle commands. (acts as a battle command tutorial as well)
leadership, tactics exp.

Quest: build a house/festival grounds. based on the daily default of the location. engi exp.
a variant that spawns in a town that was recently attack. Quest: repair the wall.
a variant that spawns based on active town construction.
Note, each of these should give a bonus to the towns actual construction.

Quest: work the fields. plant/harvest/turnover the fields with yourself and your men. (which depending on season.)
Athletics exp, and bonus to food production.

And so on, pretty much every skill can have a set of quests made, using the town/village settings to award exp.

This would give a use for towns, dramatically increase immersion, give a means to gain difficult skill exp for yourself and companions, and some additional complexity in town management.

Back
Top Bottom