New game. Some observations about spears

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks.

Ive come back to the game after a few months stop and figured id do a playthrough and give some feedback. This isent a big post of feedback but rather something that I noticed right off the bat that feels off.

Did they make spears even weaker then they already were? My character starts with a shortswords and a spear. And the damage numbers on the swords are lieges higher then they are on the spear. Even on horseback (and with a newer upgraded spear) I managed to do a whopping 70 damage while moving at 13 m/s. A normal sword slash accomplishes just about the same damage with next to no movement buff. Why in the name of god are spears so weak now? Even weaker then they were when I still played regulary?

I havent gotten a chance to test the spear brace yet in single player but when I played they were just rolled out in multiplayer and there they were a good addition and made spears have some merit. The brace just about always outright killed someone when they ran into a braced spear. But it leaves you vunerable (no shield and cant move) so the trade off was fair. But normal spear jabs do next to no damage now :/ its weird.

It could be tied to low starting stats I suppose. My character just has 27 points in polearms. But the skill for his swords is lower and he consistantly does more damage with them. So that story doesent hold up either. Anything in particular that might cause this is or are spears just (even more) garbage now?

Couple in their limited moveset and inability to be used in melee (due to their length) I see no bloody reason to take a spear at the moment other then flavour. Am I alone in thinking this?

Hey folks.

Ive come back to the game after a few months stop and figured id do a playthrough and give some feedback. This isent a big post of feedback but rather something that I noticed right off the bat that feels off.

Did they make spears even weaker then they already were? My character starts with a shortswords and a spear. And the damage numbers on the swords are lieges higher then they are on the spear. Even on horseback (and with a newer upgraded spear) I managed to do a whopping 70 damage while moving at 13 m/s. A normal sword slash accomplishes just about the same damage with next to no movement buff. Why in the name of god are spears so weak now? Even weaker then they were when I still played regulary?

I havent gotten a chance to test the spear brace yet in single player but when I played they were just rolled out in multiplayer and there they were a good addition and made spears have some merit. The brace just about always outright killed someone when they ran into a braced spear. But it leaves you vunerable (no shield and cant move) so the trade off was fair. But normal spear jabs do next to no damage now :/ its weird.

It could be tied to low starting stats I suppose. My character just has 27 points in polearms. But the skill for his swords is lower and he consistantly does more damage with them. So that story doesent hold up either. Anything in particular that might cause this is or are spears just (even more) garbage now?

Couple in their limited moveset and inability to be used in melee (due to their length) I see no bloody reason to take a spear at the moment other then flavour. Am I alone in thinking this?
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3127

Because people on MP complained (or just TW playing MP by themselves....) too much that guy with spear did too much damages and TW somehow won't just change MP and SP completely separate. IMO going against a spear with a sword should be intimidating and dangerous, but whatever. Also I got hit with throwing axe for 9 damage in SP. I had to double check I hadn't messed up my setting somehow, but yeah 9 damage on max difficulty. Not to mention they still have horrendous aim with throwables, despite the patch note saying the fixed...something.

Back
Top Bottom