New game is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Hard isn't me or you.
Introduce a few friends to this game. People who've never played it before.
Set up a camera and watch them die over and over again.

I don't care how cool you forum trolls think you are. new players will die for hours before they figure it out.

i guess most of you don't have any friends to show the game to.

It's a boring meaningless game for anyone who isn't already a fan.

This game has no appeal to new players and is getting boring for old players because of the grind and lack of ability to dev anything quickly that is remotely interesting. It's a bunch of fedex quests and exploit grinding.

pfffft.

Last edited:
Why would anyone who has never played this game before EVER play it.
99.99% of your choices in the first hour or two of play will lead to instant death unless you crank up the game to super easy at which point it'll never be a challenge at all ever for the entire course of the game.

Difficulty curve on realistic for SOMEONE WHOSE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE AND DOESN'T USE EXPLOITS ETC>
Early game- 100% impossible.
1/1000000 times you actually lived long enough to do something and now have a few men- 99.9999% impossible
Now you have a small party- super super hard
mid-game- medium difficulty if you stick to grinding and never do anything important
late-game- pretty easy

You basically force every player to go along a few VERY NARROW paths to ever get anywhere in the game that is interesting.
What specific issues are you having? Just problems with fighting solo or with a small party against bandits?
Also even on high end gaming laptop the memory leaks etc. still turn my machine into a hotbox ready to explode after about 20 minutes. i can get 10X better graphics on games with better coding only half the heat.

This game is a disappointment.
Under options, there is a box labeled "Set FPS limit" and a slider. I had the same issue until I cranked it down to like 60 or something like that.

Git gud son or play on easier difficulty, that's like the reason to have that setting. Why do you want the devs to change the game so you dont have to lower said setting?

In my first game it took me close to 5 or 600 days until I figured out how to actually hit someone with a sword from horseback.

It's a steep learning curve alright. But soon enough you'll be charging off out of the gates in a new game and riding solo for a month before you commit to looking after a crew.

Why would anyone who has never played this game before EVER play it.
99.99% of your choices in the first hour or two of play will lead to instant death unless you crank up the game to super easy at which point it'll never be a challenge at all ever for the entire course of the game.

Difficulty curve on realistic for SOMEONE WHOSE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE AND DOESN'T USE EXPLOITS ETC>
Early game- 100% impossible.
1/1000000 times you actually lived long enough to do something and now have a few men- 99.9999% impossible
Now you have a small party- super super hard
mid-game- medium difficulty if you stick to grinding and never do anything important
late-game- pretty easy

You basically force every player to go along a few VERY NARROW paths to ever get anywhere in the game that is interesting.

How about this-

Start with 20 troops, and about 5000 gold. Half of those troops, at least, should be archers.

Or at the very least let us recruit the looters early on or something like that. The game is impossible to start.

Also even on high end gaming laptop the memory leaks etc. still turn my machine into a hotbox ready to explode after about 20 minutes. i can get 10X better graphics on games with better coding only half the heat.

This game is a disappointment.
Check out the tutorial in 1.5.10 or so as they give you troops to start after the training area and walk you through raiding a simple hideout. Really lets you gets the basics down before you are off on your own.

No. I think most people can do basic math and the tutorial MAKES you recruit troops and you see what enemies do in battle.
"I have 5 troops I shouldn't fight more then 5 enemies" it's not that tuff to understand. Just save you game often, you get your butt kicked, re-laod and don't fight those guys. You live you learn.

I suppose the tutorial should make the player explicitly SAVE thier game too and tell them to save before battles and such

Okay, by all means if TW want to make a better game opening or option (1 for new player, others for advanced players and such) that'd be great and welcomed.

Start with 20 troops
Uh just walk your butt around the map and recruit 20 troops...wtf?

and about 5000 gold.
Lol. I don't even think we should have the 1k the game gives us. I mean you can even pawn your civ gear too, it's really easy compared to warband.

Git gud son or play on easier difficulty, that's like the reason to have that setting. Why do you want the devs to change the game so you dont have to lower said setting?

Exactly. Nothing wrong with playing on the easier setting lad. It's just a game and no one's watching.

Yet.

In my first game it took me close to 5 or 600 days until I figured out how to actually hit someone with a sword from horseback.

It's a steep learning curve alright. But soon enough you'll be charging off out of the gates in a new game and riding solo for a month before you commit to looking after a crew.

Did you not play warband? The mechanics are fairly similar.

I gotta say though, hitting a guy from horse back with a sword is very very different in bannerlord, in fact it's probably easier to learn if you never played warband. Warband has a much easier angle of attack on horseback, Bannerlord is very rigid and it's very unnerving if you're used to warband.

Nope. Which is probably why I am not part of the cry crowd around here. I don't have any cognitive biases or entitlement issues about what Bannerlord "should" look like.

I tend to find the hardest thing is switching from a longer or shorter weapon in game... like a longer axe to a shorter one... or long glaive to regular glaive... I swear the next hour of air swings or fruitlessly circling around fleeing peasants while your muscle memory catches up can be infuriating.

Practice in arena and custom battles and you'll get the feel for it eventually. Most of the veteran players come from Warband, which was a more accessible and easier combat system to pick up. The Ai in Bannerlord is a bit more aggressive so using a lower difficulty as a new player seems like the best bet. Crank it back up after a couple of playthroughs.

The main issue currently is ranged troops - archers etc, have a ridiculous insta-gib headshot skill and don't get me started on Javelin troops.

Hard isn't me or you.
Introduce a few friends to this game. People who've never played it before.
Set up a camera and watch them die over and over again.

I don't care how cool you forum trolls think you are. new players will die for hours before they figure it out.

i guess most of you don't have any friends to show the game to.

It's a boring meaningless game for anyone who isn't already a fan.

This game has no appeal to new players and is getting boring for old players because of the grind and lack of ability to dev anything quickly that is remotely interesting. It's a bunch of fedex quests and exploit grinding.

pfffft.
Look at this OP, changing his post! Did you consider SO WHAT? You just want to say you think it's boring and your friends died too much? SO WHAT?
You are the troll, you made a topic just to reactions, then changed your post because you didn't get what you wanted. Do I have friends to show Bannerlord to? Damn right I don't have any friends I'm going to show bannerlord to. Oh hey guys lets have sleep over and play my new 1k hour single player strategy action rpg, oh boy can't wait to show you all.

Lol the fun part is learning the mechanics and getting better and better. Its only when you have "mastered" it, that you start searching for new challanges and maybe get bored.

I'd like to think that anyone WHO HAS NOT PLAY BEFORE would not start out on the hardest difficulty setting. ?
Well, I always start on the hardest difficulty, since I loved to be challenged. I played warband recently just to know why there was/is so a hype about it and damn the combat animation are defnitley better in bl.

Back
Top Bottom