New Forum Theme - Step by Step Guide ( Both Dark and Light Theme )

Users who are viewing this thread

You can make it work on mobile too:

- Download the Tampermonkey app.

- Save the newest CSS code on your computer.

- Upload your CSS file somewhere accessible at all times, and make sure the direct link to the file (no redirects) isn't extremely long.
I managed it by hosting the file on my server, tunneling via ngrok, saving a snapshot of the ngrok URL on Wayback Machine, and then copying the URL of the iframe of the snapshot.

- Create a new userscript on your phone (the others aren't so important, but make sure anything starting from the @include line is written correctly), then save and enable it:
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         oldtheme
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @include        https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php*
// @resource    THE_CSS [COPY FULL DIRECT CSS URL HERE]
// @grant       GM_addStyle
// @grant       GM_getResourceText
// ==/UserScript==

var cssTxt = GM_getResourceText ("THE_CSS");
GM_addStyle (cssTxt);

PS. The newest version's resource link:
Code:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200131161049if_/https://878ad556.ngrok.io/style1

Last edited:
It looks like something happened to author names in quotes:
tn9gV.png

Yes I saw that. For some reason Taleworlds putting !important to every single code change like a newbie.. Anyway, we can always suppress that with your !important magic. Updated the both version

You can download all the CSS files at the website, remove all the background color configurations from them (there are like 3 of them, so it's not horribly time-consuming if your text editor allows regular expressions), then block the original CSS files (from your adblocker's custom filters section or somesuch) and include the new ones.

Last edited:
remove all the background color configurations from them
The thing is, you always have to use !important to smash their color. Usually you shouldn't use !important like this but since they are using it, it's overriding external CSS. And whenever they change something, I have to change something too. And it's not desired for me. So I will wait until they are done.

I had some success with replacing four blue color hexes with brown/beige ones in the two CSS files I downloaded. Only leave the app.less section in the one starting with the normalize.css section, and run it first, then the one with badges.css, and Bloc's stuff last. The rectangles on the thumbnails are too visible though, so there's that. If there was a way to quickly replace a color palette with another, that'd be great.

Can the signature limits be made more strict? There are already people with multiple animated GIFs of current maximum size in their signature and I'd rather not block every possible image sharing site via uBlock. Loads of users have signatures vastly bigger than their typical posts.

Alternatively, some method of disabling all signatures everywhere would be grand, especially if it stops Chrome from downloading them.

UPDATE:
I normalized the version for Light theme and added to main post. Currently, it should be mobile friendly as well. Let me know if I missed anything. I'm lazy so I didn't test everything.

- I also added a Darklord theme for people who like Dark theme but doesn't like BF3-like modern theme that we have currently. It's more like an old forum vibe with dark choco taste.
Some screenshots
4gPeE.jpg
MKEg5.jpg

ooooh pretty cool! Nice work! Though, I'm not totally sold on the greenish brown you're using for the lighter layer.
Edit: I may be the only one perceiving it as greenish though, I use a flatscreen tv and my eyes being so close to it may sometimes make me see details in hue where they aren't.

Last edited:
ooooh pretty cool! Nice work! Though, I'm not totally sold on the greenish brown you're using for the lighter layer.
It's same with previous Light Theme. Although you can always tweak the colors based on your taste. Copy the light one. Paste it onto Stylus, click beautify, then change the colors

Update:
- I realized that pastebin isn't working for everyone. For example, it's banned in Turkey ( lol, i know, funny ) so I added both raw and alternative download version to Blockchain backed Sia Network. Now it should be downloadable from there as well.

- Apart from fixing several issues on existing themes, I added a new theme. Darktimes Theme. This theme, as the name suggests, is a dark theme. Darker than default theme on forum. Not completely black, but with slight tint of blueish color to make it look cold. This can be downloaded from first page.

Here are some examples:
<defunct siasky images removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this, looks amazing but (( i think )) it doesn't work properly with the new forum update.
At least I didnt manage to make it work.

But god-damn those pictures look sexy as hell, looking forward for a new release!

Back
Top Bottom