New Faction? Problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings Calradians,

My apologies if this has been asked before, I did not find a query in a forum search to answer my question.

Setting up a new faction:

I have a right to rule of over 66, honour of 80, renown of over 1700, I renounced my oath to King Ragnar and am now a free agent. I sent several companions over the course of over a month to everywhere in Calradia to 'spread the word' and achieved more right to rule.

* However, I am travelling to castles and towns and the option to besiege them is unavailable. I am using the most up-to-date version of the game.

Q?: Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help & suggestions.

Try pissing off the faction of the city or castle you want to siege by attacking a caravan of theirs.

Aye, just attack a caravan or villages and you'll go to negative and can then raid villages or siege towns / castles.

As a side note, you could've stayed as vassal, get castles or even towns given to you, build some troops and then rebel when the king doesn't give you something - you'd keep all castles/towns you have then.

By starting the kingdom as mercenary without any assets is amazingly difficult - you'll know what I mean when 1500-2000 soldiers come knocking the gates of your newly captured castle/town - and before that happens you have to capture the place to start with.

Protip: Pick on Swadians if you want an easy start. You'd see the orange being replaced by teal, green, tan and your color sooner than you can say "I love Calradia".

No kidding. Playing as a Swadian is like being a magnet for attacks. In my game Swadia was at war with the Nords and the Sarranids... and then the Khergits, Rhodoks, and Vaegir (all two castles and four towns of 'em) declared war on Swadia within two game days. :neutral:  And, of course, they target the player character's village above all else.

I don't know why the Marshal bothers gathering the army to go on campaign. They could just camp outside Iyidah and sooner or later every enemy lord would come to them.

Zemalf said:
By starting the kingdom as mercenary without any assets is amazingly difficult - you'll know what I mean when 1500-2000 soldiers come knocking the gates of your newly captured castle/town - and before that happens you have to capture the place to start with.
Or you can just run to the nearest king and ask to be accepted as a lord.  As long as they're at peace with whoever you grabbed the fief from you're safe.  You can rebel later at a you convenience.

As for the first capture it's a question of timing.  When I saw Rivacheg with only 50 troops defending it I couldn't resist grabbing it.  Then I ran to Ragnar for protection  :mrgreen:

Filou said:
Zemalf said:
Or you can just run to the nearest king and ask to be accepted as a lord.  As long as they're at peace with whoever you grabbed the fief from you're safe.  You can rebel later at a you convenience.

As for the first capture it's a question of timing.  When I saw Rivacheg with only 50 troops defending it I couldn't resist grabbing it.  Then I ran to Ragnar for protection  :mrgreen:

But the problem is, you can't rebel when you are in a faction. Unless you want a fief and your King won't give it to you, then theres a fnction to rebel.

Filou said:
Zemalf said:

Opportunism for the win! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom