Votes: 21 70.0%
  • French

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Old Guard
I'm aware that neither actually invaded Britain, but both were allied with each other and Scotland at the time as far as I know and I'd like to add a bit more variety to the mod, so which would you prefer to see?

Either way, I'm thinking of setting the next version mod in 1276 so Llywelyn is present and Wales pose more of a threat.

Aaargh! Dont you think the welsh are tough enough as it is!?  :smile:
Feels to me like since their castles/towns are all so close together they allready have a big advantage.

Couched said:
Aaargh! Dont you think the welsh are tough enough as it is!?  :smile:
Feels to me like since their castles/towns are all so close together they allready have a big advantage.

Well, I was gonna reduce the size of Welsh territory for the next release anyway, so it'd sort of be the same. What I meant was like, Wales wouldn't be under English control, they'd still be under Welsh control (if my history is correct) until Llywelyn's "rebellion" was dealt with and Wales was conquered.

Well, I was gonna reduce the size of Welsh territory for the next release anyway, so it'd sort of be the same. What I meant was like, Wales wouldn't be under English control, they'd still be under Welsh control (if my history is correct) until Llywelyn's "rebellion" was dealt with and Wales was conquered.

Welsh have too strong armour and are very difficult to defeat like a previous post has said, because the castles & towns are so close together.

Also, you should add a small section of north of france with perhaps England owning a town and france owning 2 or 3.

Phoenix said:
Welsh have too strong armour and are very difficult to defeat like a previous post has said, because the castles & towns are so close together.

Also, you should add a small section of north of france with perhaps England owning a town and france owning 2 or 3.

The Welsh equipment isn't the same as the current release. They're pretty similar to the English, only different colours, emblems and a few more lower class units.

You could just have a few wondering bands of Norwegins or French (agh!) wondering around like the bandits and what not that are allied to the scottish faction but will attack all other factions (including the player) on sight, and perhaps put these troops as mercs that can be hired?

If the Norwegians are put in, they most likely won't hold any towns or whatever to begin with, and they'll have a small amount of large armies; that's the aim anyway. So yeah, pretty similar to what you said, except they won't be allied or at war with anyone through the script, so anything could happen with them, although they'll effectively have no chance. Haven't though the French through properly, I'd probably just include the North of France on the map.

Maybe you could make the Norwegians start off with a few, large main armies but no settlements.  They will attack any faction to gain these settlements (but the armies would start in Northern Scotland).  If possible, you out to include a bit of Northern France with some English and French settlements.  the only problem with adding mainland France is that the game would require a naval system to move from coast to coast.  A possiblity about a Naval system is that on the coastol cities, one of the options on the city menu is the "take ferry to (*insert other coastal city)".  When you click, you party appears outside that city, or at the city menu.  Just a thought, I don't even know if you plan on implementing a need for such a system.

I haven't gotten around to downloading this mod yet but found this discussion interesting anyway. I do not know if the Orkneys is included in the map but if that is the case, Norway could simply start off with settlements there.

I suppose that you could recruit mercenary norsmen, or the like, though if you think about, with them just landing, it wouldn't make much sense to be able to recruit them.  Maybe, when they take a settlement, that settlement begins to output norwegians instead of whatever they used to output.

Deyshawn said:
I suppose that you could recruit mercenary norsmen, or the like, though if you think about, with them just landing, it wouldn't make much sense to be able to recruit them.  Maybe, when they take a settlement, that settlement begins to output norwegians instead of whatever they used to output.

Exactly ^ They'll land with a certain number of troops to begin with, but until they actually take control of a castle or town or whatever, there's no way of recruiting Norwegian troops. No Norwegian mercenaries, they'll probably still be Irish and Welsh like 1297, I'll have to look into it.

u can speak to dimos if you like he is doing britannia 1080 ad although not right now he very busy making new kingdom magerment ...

hunterman52 said:
u can speak to dimos if you like he is doing britannia 1080 ad although not right now he very busy making new kingdom magerment ...

:???: For the mercenary thing?

Back
Top Bottom