New faces (1.3.0-hotfix3?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow, some of them look REALLY good now. Others definitely look unrealistic. I've definitely noticed the characters are starting to look much better. Sora really rocking blonde and brunette out here.

Some of these look absolutely terrible, terrifying even.
I also do not understand the decision to first overhaul several lords to fit their factional ethnic makeup, and then later on make some of the Empire's lords black anyway.
I believe most of the faces aren't handcrafted but automatically generated. So what they are doing is optimising character generation, which doesn't always result in direct improvements but makes sense in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if faces change several times until release, and no, that's not a waste of time (just in case some random dude from the internet believes he is better at making video games).

WTF did they do to Garios? If it ain't broken, why bother fixing it? Previous look of characters was perfect as far as I can tell. And why add some random black dudes to southern kingdom? If you want diversity then expand the map and make a faction based on african kigdoms. Same thing with random Vikings stuff in sturgia... just add a viking faction, instead of appealing to vikingboos by giving kiev rus random Viking helmets. It looks out of place.

Some of faces look ridiculous, like Tharos,Debana,Sanion,Vipon... and some aren't bad looking but don't make sense, like Eutropius and Patyr who suddenly changed skin colour to black, they are from clan Pethros, the ruling family of the Southern Empire, I would not have a problem with it if they have their own clan but I don't see how they can be related to the ruling family. Also for Ira I feel like the new look is not bad but the old one fits her description and character traits much better.

WTF did they do to Garios? If it ain't broken, why bother fixing it? Previous look of characters was perfect as far as I can tell. And why add some random black dudes to southern kingdom? If you want diversity then expand the map and make a faction based on african kigdoms.

Nizar and Deshavi were black and in Warband, with Deshavi definitely being native Calradian.

m3KAw4M.jpg

I remade some of western empire's characters. Might release it as a full mod once I remade all factions. Not sure what were they thinking with those weird randomly generated characters and mixed phenotypes.

Nizar and Deshavi were black and in Warband, with Deshavi definitely being native Calradian.
They were commoners, not nobles, and are you even sure that Deshavi was black? She was dark skinned to be sure, but not every dark skinned person is African. Her name sounded more Indian to me which makes me think that she's a Romani-like (unfortunately better known as Gypsies) kind of character. She also was born around Tihr a region which would have experience large population changes (as Tihr (Tirby?) isn't even a town in banner-lord) between the two games.

Also the two characters in question for bannerlord, aren't part of some minor imperial clan. They are part of Arenicos's clan (The one that ruled the entire empire before it all went to hell). I really hope that this was an unintended change that occurred when they adjusted the character creation system.

Last edited:
Note that a few more changes were made in the hotfix earlier today.
Unqid, Mesui, Abagai, and Thephilos in particular.
And now Desporion's the one leaving humanity behind.

EDIT: Screenshots:

Last edited:
They were commoners, not nobles, and are you even sure that Deshavi was black? She was dark skinned to be sure, but not every dark skinned person is African.

I'm judging by her face, not her name. It is clearly African. Anyway, no one ever brings it up in-game. People in Calradia just don't seem to care that much.

Really not feeling the new Khuzait faces. Abagai's lost all her character and Mesui's looking good for a 40 something warlord living out on the steppe. Thinking about it Abagai looks more like Mesui than Mesui does, and none of them seem particularly Mongolian any more.

You can't be serious, right? This is all a big sarcasm. isn't it? Of the presented above screenshots I would call maybe 1 or 2 faces which look good. Others look terrible, like they've been ripped off from Tropico pictures. I don't remember Bannerlord to be called some cheap cartoonish caricature early medieval parody.
This... I don't understand why no one else sees this either.

You can't be serious, right? This is all a big sarcasm. isn't it? Of the presented above screenshots I would call maybe 1 or 2 faces which look good. Others look terrible, like they've been ripped off from Tropico pictures. I don't remember Bannerlord to be called some cheap cartoonish caricature early medieval parody.
they should change the quests to "Restore de Presidency" or "Destroy the Presidency", also, Nozhon should be voiced by Tropico's tutorial guy, perfect!

I also like the direction they're taking with this. A little bit of exaggeration also makes it easier to remember faces when you have hundreds of characters in the world.

Note that a few more changes were made in the hotfix earlier today.
Unqid, Mesui, Abagai, and Thephilos in particular.
And now Desporion's the one leaving humanity behind.

EDIT: Screenshots:

Bloody hell, is that how Abagai looks in your version? She looks like a man with a clumsy military make-up! Well, I'm on the beta branch 1.3.0 now, and this is how she looks like in my versionof the game.

340408CA5D8C9593D1499B27EEAB188407D64237

Bloody hell, is that how Abagai looks in your version? She looks like a man with a clumsy military make-up! Well, I'm on the beta branch 1.3.0 now, and this is how she looks like in my versionof the game.

340408CA5D8C9593D1499B27EEAB188407D64237
Faces only update when you start a new campaign. Looks like yours is from 1.3.0 base, before any of the hotfix changes.

Rozhivol looks utterly bizarre to me. How often in real life do you come across people looking like him, Sanion, Ulbos or Manteos. Their proportions just don't make sense and then coupled with their huge burly bodies make them look really strange.

Some of them do look good and realistic, and they did look a little too bland before... but now some of them have gone full-on cartoon style. Like they were modelled after 'Spitting Image' characters.

The Khuzait men and women got hit the hardest though. They look rather questionable now in their depiction... like they were based on propaganda posters from World War 2. I'm not all up-in-arms about this with the previous statement... but it's just honestly what I first thought of when I saw the new Khuzait styles.

Ci6tMik.png

The elongated faces, huge noses and over-exaggerated chins really don't seem fitting for a lot of the new designs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom