New Development Update Video Rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, I look at forums once-twiceevery month now. Dude stop expecting mutiplayer updates just don't play it, everyone knows the game has major problems blah, blah, blah. Just relax and enjoy life

Only way multiplayer gets to decent state is if they release a seperate mp game that we pay for. They got our money already, they dont need us anymore.

If you expected anything to actually be announced about MP you are playing the wrong game lad.

It is well known that this is what is in the pipeline:
-whatever is in 1.5.5
-battle mode
-new siege maps
-ranked mode(hopefully on release)
-new captain map iirc

Like why were you expecting something else? That just ignorant.
I know that I follow the same news as all of you, my point is that it has taken way to long already to implement these obviously needed features, and that each patch has introduced so major issues into the game, an example would be Crushthrough, or maybe the news that duel mode will be introduced before battle is stupid because it is postponing the adoption of a gamemode that would cater to a larger audience rather than a fraction of the community, I.e. duel

Well tbh, we forced TW to bring the game to EA.
No we didn't. Going a little off topic here but how does that even works. People tell them to do x thing and a company that has to care to sell a product rushes to do whatever possible customers ask them to do? I call BS on that argument, TW knew exactly what they were doing when releasing a videogame. Even if this game had been released 10 years after what we had it would have been as successful as it was on release. Please stop using this argument because it's definetly invalid.

Nobody forced TW to do anything. It was company decision.
Of course it was a company decision, which was taken under pressure of angry fanboys,
No we didn't. Going a little off topic here but how does that even works. People tell them to do x thing and a company that has to care to sell a product rushes to do whatever possible customers ask them to do? I call BS on that argument, TW knew exactly what they were doing when releasing a videogame. Even if this game had been released 10 years after what we had it would have been as successful as it was on release. Please stop using this argument because it's definetly invalid.
It might be invalid to you but this is how companies make decisions, depending on their target market's requests, for a far more recent example you can go check cyberpunk 2077, how fear of another delay lead to utter fail launch in all platforms.

EA doesn't justify the unfinished state after 8 years.

"Pressure from fanbois" hasn't made the management in TW bad, it was inherently bad, thus why the game took 8 years to go into EA.
Hey don't get me wrong, I do agree that in 2020 I shouldn't be playing a sequel to Warband which has far less features and polish than the first one. Im not trying to justify anything, I still don't understand how simple things are not yet fixed, not talking about ai behaviour or smth, decentralized banners, game being called bannerlord but not having banner bearers etc... But when I saw the game in 2018 gamescom, I said oh **** it's already ready just release the damn gameeee everywhere, and they did after 2 years which seems to be kinda sorta same thing they showed in gamescom 2018 lol and now saying but this game is unfinished bull**** is hypocrasy because it's already been stated many times that the game is still WIP, and with that pace it'll remain WIP for a much longer time and we've got to deal with it.

Of course it was a company decision, which was taken under pressure of angry fanboys,

It might be invalid to you but this is how companies make decisions, depending on their target market's requests, for a far more recent example you can go check cyberpunk 2077, how fear of another delay lead to utter fail launch in all platforms.
Pressure of angry fanboys? If TW really complied and pandered to angry fanboys they would have changed the class system months ago.
how fear of another delay lead to utter fail launch in all platforms.
If anything, those were the investors that pushed the release date, or the management. Do you think people were not going to buy the game if it was released 5 years later? Do you think gamers that are so desperate to play a videogame are just going to say "nope I'm not going to play it" just because a delay lol. It would be hell for PR teams, sure, but the game is still going to be successful as heck, just look at Bannerlord with the 2016 fake release date outrage, a ****load of people were angry bit the game wasn't released just because of that. It took them 4 years to release it afterwards and it exploded. Again: they're still going to be successful.
Companies know that, CDPR knew that, and the reason to release a game as soon as possible is well, the only reason there is: make money. Now I'm not saying this as a terrible thing, everyone needs to make money, and what I guess with TW is that they needed to pay the development costs and EA money must have served them pretty well, but Cyberpunk was a goldmine (and it did pretty well even with all the bugs) and those people spending money on devs, the amount of money spent on publicity, the amount of money spent on actors, imagine the cost of that game, what makes you think the people who put money on it were not desperate to make their money back? That's why Ubisoft releases ****ty buggy games every year, because it suits them, produce a game, do a lot of ads with fake graphics, hype them at least a little bit and then sell a buggy mess, even with bad reviews they still made their money spent on development back instantly, if they spent 7 years on a game that means spending a lot of money for that production, so releasing fast it's a better idea in their minds. So no, despite what you think, gamers don't have power my friend, at least not enough power to make a company make a financial decision, that isn't how it works.
An example, imagine a reunion between heads of a company thinking: "damn guys, the fans are putting some very angry comments in our niche forums, we have to release the game now otherwise they'll put angrier comments!" Does it sound like a very ridiculous situation? Its because it is, it's because this **** doesn't happen like ever.

Last edited:
Pressure of angry fanboys? If TW really complied and pandered to angry fanboys they would have changed the class system months ago.

If anything, those were the investors that pushed the release date, or the management. Do you think people were not going to buy the game if it was released 5 years later? Do you think gamers that are so desperate to play a videogame are just going to say "nope I'm not going to play it" just because a delay lol. It would be hell for PR teams, sure, but the game is still going to be successful as heck, just look at Bannerlord with the 2016 fake release date outrage, a ****load of people were angry bit the game wasn't released just because of that. It took them 4 years to release it afterwards and it exploded. Again: they're still going to be successful.
Companies know that, CDPR knew that, and the reason to release a game as soon as possible is well, the only reason there is: make money. Now I'm not saying this as a terrible thing, everyone needs to make money, and what I guess with TW is that they needed to pay the development costs and EA money must have served them pretty well, but Cyberpunk was a goldmine (and it did pretty well even with all the bugs) and those people spending money on devs, the amount of money spent on publicity, the amount of money spent on actors, imagine the cost of that game, what makes you think the people who put money on it were not desperate to make their money back? That's why Ubisoft releases ****ty buggy games every year, because it suits them, produce a game, do a lot of ads with fake graphics, hype them at least a little bit and then sell a buggy mess, even with bad reviews they still made their money spent on development back instantly, if they spent 7 years on a game that means spending a lot of money for that production, so releasing fast it's a better idea in their minds. So no, despite what you think, gamers don't have power my friend, at least not enough power to make a company make a financial decision, that isn't how it works.
An example, imagine a reunion between heads of a company thinking: "damn guys, the fans are putting some very angry comments in our niche forums, we have to release the game now otherwise they'll put angrier comments!" Does it sound like a very ridiculous situation? Its because it is, it's because this **** doesn't happen like ever.
Tbh I didn't read, it's too much effort to win an argument in internet over a topic that won't change anything...

I don't have any arguments left and instead of finding a middle ground I'll say it's an unimportant topic that won't change anything...
Hmm, yeah, it won't change anything. Instead of making companies accountable for their decisions let's keep blaming the gamers! ?

Back
Top Bottom