New Development Update Video Rant

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been on these forums since September of 2019 when this game was still in Beta talking about issues pertaining to the Multiplayer side of this game. I understand that the Multiplayer department of Bannerlord is undermanned and funded, however the lack of care at this point directed towards Multiplayer and its community is ****ing disgusting.

We spent $40-50 to buy this game in the hopes that it would imitate and bring back the fond memories and experiences we had in Warband, a game that all of us grew up playing. Instead we have been lumped into a pile of undesirables who are constantly ignored, banned and discredited because of the fact that we are bringing to light the sever mismanagement of this franchise.

Give us a ****ing reason why we should have any hope for the future of this game? Tell us why we should wait another year or knowing TW another 2 years for Custom servers, the ****ing gamemodes we want, and Multiplayer mods which don't even have the support from the mod tools needed for proper development? I am grateful to Devs such as @AVRC who put out an admirable effort to deliver what the community wants and yet we can't help but notice he has his hands tied behind his back by the piss-poor management of the company.

So tell me a final time, and don't give me the "Its only Early Access" bull****. This game has been in development for 8 years with hiccups along the way, and was in Alpha, Beta which I was there for the 5 or 6 months and another ****ing 8 months on top of that. In that time we have received 1 new gamemode and a handful of maps. So tell me why am I wasting my time not only playing the game but caring enough about it to respond on the forums for its betterment only to be ignored?

Edit: Forgot to mention that to my point there was not a single mention about Multiplayer in the entire 5 minutes video, which only brings forward the idea of neglect towards the multiplayer part of the game and community.

Allthough the multiplayer has huge potential and I know that there are plans from TW side to make use of it, the vast majority of players are are playing singleplayer and we kind of just jave to que at the back. They will put more work into multiplayer for sure when their plans for singleplayer got realised to a certain degree.

I have gave up on BL MP and transcended into a divine state

The divine state of Soon that is.

I feel ur pain we’ve been dealing with this crushed through bs for how long now and apparently it’s all fixed in 1.5.5 but that patch won’t be released to the live server until they finish up sp ****. Which is annoying cuz they always drop a sp patch fix. Oh and that one time custom server thing was accidentally available for a few

Well tbh, we forced TW to bring the game to EA. They've always said it'll be released when it's ready and apparently it's not ready yet.

I think with this pace, it'll take 2 years to deliver what it promises

Give us a ****ing reason why we should have any hope for the future of this game? Tell us why we should wait another year or knowing TW another 2 years for Custom servers, the ****ing gamemodes we want, and Multiplayer mods which don't even have the support from the mod tools needed for proper development?
I have a solution for you, don't wait it anymore, refund the game or just find yourself playing cyberpunk or something. Purchasing the game and taking a part in all these forum discussion was your solution and you can only blame yourself for spending your time. There is a plenty of players that actually enjoys the game and we would be happy to get rid of these eternally unsatisfied always crying type of players always undercutting the community and only bringing negative.

I have gave up on BL MP and transcended into a divine state

Many of us are in the divine state right now, i spoke to some people including Silen and Klaus and when i talked to them about the state of the game in their divine state i was able to once again inform them that the game would need at least us to stay 2 more years into divinity before coming back to our mortal form.

Allthough the multiplayer has huge potential and I know that there are plans from TW side to make use of it, the vast majority of players are are playing singleplayer and we kind of just jave to que at the back. They will put more work into multiplayer for sure when their plans for singleplayer got realised to a certain degree.

The divine state of Soon that is.
A huge potential to crash server yeah

I have been on these forums since September of 2019 when this game was still in Beta talking about issues pertaining to the Multiplayer side of this game. I understand that the Multiplayer department of Bannerlord is undermanned and funded, however the lack of care at this point directed towards Multiplayer and its community is ****ing disgusting.

We spent $40-50 to buy this game in the hopes that it would imitate and bring back the fond memories and experiences we had in Warband, a game that all of us grew up playing. Instead we have been lumped into a pile of undesirables who are constantly ignored, banned and discredited because of the fact that we are bringing to light the sever mismanagement of this franchise.

Give us a ****ing reason why we should have any hope for the future of this game? Tell us why we should wait another year or knowing TW another 2 years for Custom servers, the ****ing gamemodes we want, and Multiplayer mods which don't even have the support from the mod tools needed for proper development? I am grateful to Devs such as @AVRC who put out an admirable effort to deliver what the community wants and yet we can't help but notice he has his hands tied behind his back by the piss-poor management of the company.

So tell me a final time, and don't give me the "Its only Early Access" bull****. This game has been in development for 8 years with hiccups along the way, and was in Alpha, Beta which I was there for the 5 or 6 months and another ****ing 8 months on top of that. In that time we have received 1 new gamemode and a handful of maps. So tell me why am I wasting my time not only playing the game but caring enough about it to respond on the forums for its betterment only to be ignored?

Edit: Forgot to mention that to my point there was not a single mention about Multiplayer in the entire 5 minutes video, which only brings forward the idea of neglect towards the multiplayer part of the game and community.
Amen.

Calm down, let's hold each other' hands and sing Kumbaya My Lord... :iamamoron:

200.webp

If you expected anything to actually be announced about MP you are playing the wrong game lad.

It is well known that this is what is in the pipeline:
-whatever is in 1.5.5
-battle mode
-new siege maps
-ranked mode(hopefully on release)
-new captain map iirc

Like why were you expecting something else? That just ignorant.

If you expected anything to actually be announced about MP you are playing the wrong game lad.

-whatever is in 1.5.5
-battle mode
-new siege maps
-new captain map iirc

What is "battle mode"? Something like a siege but in
open field?

@WMorton
Callum said there will be news on MP in the next video https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...update-6-rebellions-missions-and-more.436250/, so they didnt forget, also mind that the mp changes from last video havent even made it to live branch yet.

From looking at the Plans for Multiplayer there are some nice features to be expected, praise to soon, like spectator mode, battle and duel mode, ranked mm.
(Barebones) Spectator mode already works for TDM and Siege, so not sure what else to expect.

Maybe Spectators for competitive matches?

-whatever is in 1.5.5
-battle mode
-new siege maps
-new captain map iirc

Yeah cheer was also in the pipeline for multiplayer. Guess how long ago that was? 4 months

(Barebones) Spectator mode already works for TDM and Siege, so not sure what else to expect.

Maybe Spectators for competitive matches?
Ye thats what i think, beeing able to join as specatator, hopefully with some information available only to spectators. What you are talking about is just a free camera mode, isnt it ?

Back
Top Bottom