NEW DEMONSTRATION: New order to command your troops. GOOD JOB Taleworlds !

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds did something that I think I great. When you are playing a battle in solo you have access to two new orders that you didn't have in Warband.

1 : you can give the commandement to AI. That's nice for those who just want to fight and not give orders.
2 : Press F7 and you can split your troops.
For exemple : you are in battle. You have on your hotkey 1 your infantry. On 2 your archers. On 3 your cav. If you want to change that in the middle of a battle, you can. By spliting your infantry with F7, now you can have on 1 and 2 infantry, on 3 archers and on 4 cav. This give us so many strategic opportunities during a battle.

To illustrate you can see this in action ( sorry the video is in french but you can still see what i mean ) :

Thanks Taleworlds for adding that in the game.

I have a simple question why not adding this in captain mode ? When some players leave in the middle of the game. This could be very helpfull for those remaining who have to managed huge troops of units.

Here are 2 sequences of a new video that use the full potentiel of the new F7 order :

Last edited:
I love being able to section my troops and assign them AI commanders.
Likely I will want to control opening formations in the battle, and will then keep control of a single heavy impact troop type (cavalry or horse archers most likely, if on foot possibly archers to keep good control of their positioning) After the initial engagement however I would like to hand over all other groups to be handled by the AI so I can better micro my heavy impact troops.

Merci
I didn't know this version of the Battle mod which allows to manage several troop and which seems to be a little more stable.
and great video

That does sound really nice, much more opportunity to flank. Before I would be restricted to using cavalry to flank one side and infantry to flank the other. While that still makes a lot of sense, it'll be nice to have more options. Imagine flanking with two huge units of archers, their shields can't be pointed in two directions!

They should make it so that each player in commander mode can control multiple types of troops. Would make things a lot more interesting as right now if you have an archer or 2h squad you typically hide behind whoever on your team has shielded infantry.

Splitting troops is a dream come true. So much more tactical depth. Imagine being able to have mixed formations in the future, so you can have multiple pike&shot formations moving about the battlefield in the distant future. ?

Splitting troops is a dream come true. So much more tactical depth. Imagine being able to have mixed formations in the future, so you can have multiple pike&shot formations moving about the battlefield in the distant future. ?
I did not tryed this but i think it's allready possible ! :xf-smile:
Don't know if it will be a nice tactic. I will try it after the stress test of tonight :xf-wink:

What i didn't understand is, can you choose which troops to be splitted. For example you, have 50 khuzait spearman, and 50 khuzait rabble. Can you say 10 khuzait spearman and 30 khuzait rabble to slot 1 and 40 spearman and 20 rabble to slot 2.

Because it seems like he only select how much infantry to be on slots.

They should make it so that each player in commander mode can control multiple types of troops. Would make things a lot more interesting as right now if you have an archer or 2h squad you typically hide behind whoever on your team has shielded infantry.

What a nice idea - what about a game mode where each player gets to pick a selection of troops to play as. Like a commander... or maybe a 'Generals Mode'...

(y) :wink: (y)

Back
Top Bottom