New Content since release analysis

Users who are viewing this thread

The below is new content from the main branch release notes. While I personally only played beta once the beta branch was live and haven't played since 1.3.1, seem best to only talk about the main branch as main is considered the most playable by the broadest audience in a stable manner. Again, as my other notes states in other threads: After reading all the release notes the hard work of the TaleWorld developers are very clear...TW is squashing huge amounts of bugs, fine tuning and balancing. No doubt about TW developers are making the game much better. Very happy to see the progress TW is making at improving Bannerlord. Not so happy with how Early Access started and the pricing and stances that TW leaders continues with to this day though.

So let us analyze "content" in Early Access so far as "content" is clearly what leaders of TaleWorlds wants to point out to potential customers that is "missing".

Content added since Early Access Release from release notes:
----------------------------------------------------

RELEASE DAY HOT FIX

Patch e1.0.1

Patch e1.0.3

-200 items re-added to game

Patch e1.0.5
-Players will now be able to join a kingdom if they are at war with a faction that has been weakened almost to the point of destruction.
Debatable if this is added content, but decided to add in because of so little content additions so far.

05/04/20 Hot-fix

Patch e1.0.6

-Char development system:
Fixed 3 perks. Considered new content because the perks were never working before if I recall correctly. Kinda sad have to consider this new content.
-Add combat skill experience in tourneys. Welcome addition
-Add charm skill experience to barters. Probably technically bug fix, but I remember being happy about this addition so am calling it new content because the lack of real content being added.

Patch e1.0.7

Patch e1.0.8

QOL - Splash screen now skippable

Patch e1.0.9

e1.0.11 main branch

e.1.1.0 patch notes main branch

-Added nameplate visibility on campaign map
-Added diplomacy/management options in dealing with mercenaries.
-Additions for Turkish and Chinese
-Better warning for fortification under attack alert
-Clan party attacked notification
-“exposure compensation” video option

e1.1.1 patch notes main branch
- caravans start selling prisoners they captured

e1.1.2 patch notes main branch

e1.2.0 patch notes main branch

e1.2.1 patch notes main branch

e1.3.0 patch notes main branch

e1.3.1 patch notes main branch

e.1.4.0 patch notes main branch

e1.4.0 patch notes main branch

e1.4.1 patch notes main branch

added team death match loading screens

e1.4.1 patch hot fix main branch 01/06/20

e1.4.1 patch hot fix main branch 01/07/20

While not release notes, lets mention the:

Early Access Update posted 6/18:

1 exciting content additions here, but in beta and not currently released to main. This kingdom creation content is in the beta release notes also:

-Kingdom Creation
Early access update also mentions multiple armors being added, which seems more extensive than the 2 armor mentions I found in the main branch release notes. ..good stuff to see. Might have missed something in the main release notes about armor additions.

In closing, now compare the release notes "new content" with the Early Access statements from the heads of TaleWorlds about missing content and see what is exactly addressed in the missing content in the own words of Taleworld leader. I see extremely small of content added not only in what was already done as shown above, but also in what is planned for the future in the Early Access Update posted 6/18.

So 3 months have went by...AND..The above is the new content...in game added and planned for "near future". Seems quite small content especially in light of what is missing currently in Bannerlord. Certainly, Bannerlord is no where close to being "Final Stage" as claimed by the TW false advertising.

So exactly why the hell did the leader of TaleWorlds say "we hope to leave early access around 1 year" if there is much work left to be done? There is only 9 months left in that "hopefully 1 year" statement and there is huge amounts of missing content not even being planned by the TW leaders own words in the single EA Release Statement in 3 months.

Early Access Release Statement might be ...no.. IS hugely deceitful.

Where is the plans in the next year or two years for:

1. Unique towns, castles and villages
2. Voice Overs
3. Localizations
4. Multiplayer ranked match making
5. Polishing off sieges

Tale World states on EA:
"Developing M&B Bannerlord has been, and continues to be a fabulous experience for us, and we are excited to be walking the final phase of this journey together with our players."

Final phase? Bannerlord is FAR FAR from the Final Phase. That is an extremely deceiving and misleading statement, almost to the point of outright lying to potential customers. The first 3 months of Early Access has proved by the state of the game and TW progress Bannerlord is no where close to Final Stage.

Bannerlord is not even at the start of the final stage. In 3 months, 3 perks have been added/completed...wow.

"hope for 1 year away"... That was a lie and you (TW head) knew that Bannerlord would no way in hell ever be done in 1 year. Oh yes, you are forgiven according to fan boys because you added "hope" and another sentence -> "While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time". Its like you knew you would have to add in legal disclaimer language to your claims. Truly that is a lack of leadership to your team and deceitful to your customers to be so intentionally off the ball park mark.

A more accurate and honest statement would read something like:

"While we have no plans for a full release date at this time, we anticipate 1.5 to 3 years away".

Fact is the real time doesn't sound so good to potential customers that you asking full price for an alpha stage game.

TaleWorld leader, the developers and the game designers knew damn well that 1 year was far from the truth at the time of early access.

Deceitful, shameful, disrespecting and not appreciative of buying customers by engaging in those behaviors.

Over-reacting by calling for TaleWorlds new leaders and new management?

No, this is someone that cares about Bannerlord and likes Bannerlord and wants to see Bannerlord polished into a "fully enjoyable game". The best way to achieve that from what I can see is getting rid of the leaders as the lack of leadership is plain to see.

The best hope Bannerlord has is replacing the current leadership of TaleWorlds or selling Bannerlord to a better game development company if the company can keep the current developers.

Realize now why I enjoyed Warband Viking Conquest so much, TaleWorlds was not leading or in charge of Warband Viking Conquest.

Warband Viking Conquest = Twice to 3 times the game that Bannerlord is. Even with less graphics, the immersion, the feeling, the rush and the feelings of accomplishment in Viking Conquest are all there. Bannerlord currently has good/fun basic combat and battles, but both still need much polish. The rest of the game is needing huge amounts of work as fracking evidenced by the first 3 months release notes.. TW is barely scratching the surface of content that needs to be added in 3 months.

Yet you come out and imply that Bannerlord at the start is "1 year away", "final stage" and worthy of charing customers full gold stage "finished" price for because Bannerlord is sooo close to be finished.

Things changed so much in 3 months and there was a huge amount of unforeseen bugs you didn't account for that your "Final stage" and "1 year" marketing statements are so far off now?

You are either grossly incompetent as development house leader or you extremely and intentionally dishonest. I would lean towards the latter.

TaleWorld leaders and managers..Your actions are deceitful and shameful.

Constant attacks .. stop it, no one is interested.

Dev teams priorities will be bug fixing and balancing first, then later, more content. If they release Mod Tools then players can develop new content.

It is what it is at this point. We have heard it all. People need to drop this stuff. Yes Viking Conquest is world's better than this game, we know.

Last edited:
Sure.

I´m not on a crusade (thanks for next excuse), I just want something that is my 39€ money worth.

OP made some good arguments, nothing new. But you, as a member of the TW defense force will still ignore it.

The sieges don't just need polishing though do they?

When the militia block the gate with a square, and you can just walk around them and attack them from the side of their formation and not even get a blink from them :grin: The way troops simply cannot getup siege towers and ladders, much less actually create a foothold on the walls.

Optimistically I'd say that perhaps they have a tons of content all made and ready but when put into the game it causes it to crash and lag greatly. Hence why the code rework is needed and why early on they did add a lot of new stuff in.
However more realistically I'd say they are somewhat ammeter developers and that's why everything is taking so long and they keep redoing parts of the game. Most of the higher level features just aren't there. For instance, putting gangs in backstreets doesn't appear to be a feature anymore.

Ok. So when we want to have a exact text you have to add the 200+ new nobles to your list. I mean who should i marry otherwise :grin:

There is a small chance that more content gets added over the next 3 months compared to the last 3 months. I'll judge the honesty of the 'hopefully one year' statement when it's time.

In the meantime it seems like the vast majority doesn't feel manipulated, tricked and lied to considering the amount of positive steam reviews.

Lastly, I guess you won't have much luck convincing Armagan to sell his game to another company. It wouldn't help much anyway.

Back
Top Bottom