New Companions Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Any new characters would preferably be more human than anything else. Also I need characters more for the non-Gutts storyline now. During the non-Gutts storyline Gutts will form his own kingdom with his band and a lot of the canon Berserk characters as his lords.  So I am mostly missing potential companions and lords for the become an apostle quest.

I'd say Lysette and Ma Zhou could both work for either the "Become and Apostle" or the Gutts Ally or Gutts proper storylines.  :smile:  Just my own thoughts.

I think I have those two in both. You will get Ma Zhou when you are at war with the Kushan and have your own kingdom. Lysette is a hero upgrade from rahna handgonner. She reveals that after two months that yes she is a woman just as you tell her you want to promote her. 

It would be pretty cool to have enough heroes to form their own band of warriors just like the mod for an older version of the same name.

Three months with a handgunner?  Or a grenadier?  (Yeah yeah, I invented her!  I want to know how to get her ICly ASAP once the version with her comes out!)

Two months with any amount of handgonners.  She may be able to hide the fact that she is a woman but she wouldn't be able to pass herself off as a seven foot grenadier.  Only way to get them is to rescue captured handgonners. Or bludgeon them and convince them to join.

I apologize if all the companions have already been decided, but I am very much enjoying this mod; I'm a bit new here, but I do pray my idea doesn't come off too standoffish or idiotic or anything, so I apologize ahead of time if this happens so, and I am a bit nervous....aheh. So...here it goes, and if it doesn't get accepted, then that's just luck. As an added note, I'm not 'for sure' where she might fit in; any help or suggestions is looked upon with happiness and glee, and I'll be happy to change/edit to reflect the suggestions and such. If the lore doesn't fit in, I'll change that, as well.

I just need to know if there's anything I need to do better, or I did wrong..or you know, as well as where she might, in fact, fit in with the storyline, in either Male/Female generic, Guts Storyline/ Gutts Ally. Thanks in advance~! If I'm too late, as well, then let me know. @@;

Name: Kera

The way this situation is panning out, is very...uhm...'improbable'..say, Cap'n. Whatcha thinkin'? We kick their asses now, or wait for the others? I'm more inclned for now, but whatever you say goes, Cap'n.' 

Race: Human

Appearance: Leaning casually against the walled solidarity of the building behind her, its shadow encomposing a small, lithe frame with lightly colored long hair, tussled in a few curls with a single, braided piece hanging loosely to the left side of her face, she appears, at a first observation, to be younger than she truly is, lightly colored lips pursed in the faintest smile, saturated hues glancing out of silent, pondering curiosity to the ongoings about her, a purple bandanna folded across her forehead, tied around the back in the simplest of knots, left limb resting atop her hip, the right leisurely hanging out to a side. At a glance her complexion appears to be blackened; however upon closer inspection, it proposes differently, that such skin color is more of a light tan than of a dark palette. Her clothes don't seem out of the ordinary; fairly normal, ordained clothing befitting more of a subterfugal character, tempered leather adorning her chest, legs, and hands, with nary a helmet within plain, nor concealed sight.

Background: Birthed by the contrived, and concealed union between a fairly unknown woman, and a noble of fair fame within the city of Wyndham, immediate parental abandonment forced her, as a small, eight year old child, onto the survival instincts for the first few years, of a street urchin, snatching many a piece of bread and water thrice a week, if she were lucky. When the age of 16 had came around the corner, she made her way out of Wyndham, and, for much of her time, spent foraging for herself outwardly, learning some guerilla warfare tactics against larger bodies of armies, using her knowledge to sap them of their goods and flee before they could snatch her up in nary a minutes time. Quick witted, intelligent, and tactical minded, sometimes she would often grab tools from these 'raids', and work on engineering capacities. She wasn't the best engineer at first, but with time, this skill came to outgrow many of her other skills learned within hunting. In fact, she would call her inventive, unique and quick constructions her 'precious creations.'

Such was the tool of the trade, and she learned it well. By this time, years had passed. Nearly 10 years had passed, and many things began to change within the world. Sights, rumors of the Black Swordsman, and many others. Curious by even a fraction, she decided to settle within a small noble's town, bathing within the alleyway nearest a building, closer to the Shops, and marketplace, hoping to not only catch a glimpse of this man, but perhaps even speak with him. After all, if he planned to 'unite the land', such was the fanatical tale of many stories -- many of which ended rather happily as she so satrically recall -- a useful component as any, she was not much of a fighter, but a more than capable engineer, tracker, and even a bit of tactical know-how was how she excelled, and she hoped that perhaps, just perhaps...this man would agree.

Personality: Intelligently minded with few fits of unrestrained rage against Midland's 'elite' noble ranks, and those who would look down on the povertous with disdain and distaste, she has shown an slight inclination to offhandedly remark at the obscene improbabilty of success on missions of seeming overwhelming odds, coming from assessing the situation,  before shrugging it off, and saying, in almost an upbeat, cheery tone:  'Heh. As if this isn't the first freakin' impossible situation. Well, Cap'n, I'd say we're on for one hell offa' ride.' Possibly due to this, her comments come off as snarky, though nothing overly meant to be insulting; rather, it is more on the situation than any of those involved -- unless they happen to be Midlan Nobles. Then, that is when her snark behavior turns quite possibly, snarkier and more insulting. But only when a Midland noble -- or even just someone from Midland -- is present. Otherwise, she's quite okay with people from anywhere, except Midland, though she can still sometimes remark on a person she likes or dislikes, on the offhanded occasion.

Fighting style: Typically fighting up close, her preferred weapon is a mankiri chain in most close-combat situations, though she also rather enjoys the one handed axe. Going into battle with speed a priority, she's more of the maneuverability-and-speed-over-pure-strength types, but should she find up-close inadvisable, a quick switch to her preferred Ranged Throwing Daggers/Axes finds the Ranged situation in a much more favorable tune. Until she runs out of Axes and Daggers, of course. Preferring swiftness, but without extensive training in riding a horse; she knows enough to saddle and ride one, but definitely not the Calvary type; in fact, she much prefers heading on foot, but if the need does arise -- and sometimes it does -- she will don a horse, though it is doubtful she will enjoy it much, one of her key complaints being 'If this ain't my deathbed, then this saddle's gonna' cause me some serious whackage!'

If there's anything wrong with the above, or anything you think needs changing or modifying, please do; constructive criticism is fine, and if I made any mistakes, again, I apologize and I'll correct them, and edit as needed. Thank you for reading this [if you do]. And if the Mankiri Chain idea proves too stupid/difficult to put in, I can change that in a pinch, if it should be needed, and if it is, it'll be edited as soon as a flaaaash!

Ciao',
        --Kirita

Nice!  She is exactly the kind of character I need in fact.  I find I like the non-superhuman characters.  I also don't have a ton of characters who specialize in throwing either.  You might need to show me what a Mankiri chain looks like. If it is a flexible weapon I might be able to use the same technique that I used to make Papal Bodyguard's flails.  I warn you that it isn't perfect even on them but it sure does whip around!  A one handed axe works great I can easily give her one of those.  I might make her one of those that join after your kingdom starts up.  Or maybe even an upgrade from Sword Sister.  As a joining backstory perhaps she only intended to travel with them for a while.  I have a new leather armor that would work perfect for her.  It won't be difficult to add her in and probably to both.
Thank you Kirita.

Let's see...Oops. I meant Manriki chain, but yeah. I found one. Don't know if this'll show up since I'm no coding expert with the IMG deal, but here goes nothin'.

This image's is freaking huge, so I'm going to just throw it in Link mode. At least, Forum wise it's freaking huge. >>> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XGWR7A7EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg <<<

Here's a rough estimate of one. I have a couple other's to throw up in comparison to the original.

Manriki_Chain-Chrome.jpg

This one's a bit small, but it does for nice comparing..and lastly...

41XGWR7A7EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This one here is the Manriki at -mostly- full length. Can't find one stretched out, though, but these are the Manriki chains I was talking about. As I recall, their main appeal was being able to bash the opponent with the weights attached or entangle them. In my opinion, it seemed like one of the better weapon choices, but didn't know if it could work in-game terms.

By the way could you get me a facecode for your character.  I could hack together a face but I guarantee she wouldn't look anything like you imagine her looking.  You have to enable edit mode in the configure tab on game startup.  Start as a female character then go into the character tab.  Click on your face and you will be able to edit it.  Configure your face how you want your character to look.  Then click ctrl-e for the facecode to appear at the top.  Click and hold on the facecode at the top then hit ctrl-c to copy it.  Hit ctrl-v to copy the facecode to a post here.

A female Berserk fan ? Now I've seen everything  :shock:

(...nah, just kidding  :lol: )

First, welcome to the forums Kirita, and congrats on your character, she's really quite detailed, and I just love the way she speaks. And I'm quite sure the chain-weapon could work, at least I remember Berserker Pride mentioning it being working for enemies. From this point, I don't think it's impossible for companions either.

By the way, you just reminded me of something. Berserker Pride, were you considering dialogues between NPC-s like in Native ? I know that due to Kingdom management stuff this sounds risky (Lord leaving you because he/she hates some other Lord), but I, for one, would personally miss arguements and compliments (i.e., Kera arguing with Inspector Garrov - I can already imagine the flood of insults on both sides...)

I'd like to have dialogues between npc's again.  But I would make a new system rather than using the old one.  For one thing the old system only kicks in for heroes who are currently in your party.  That would also make it easy for me to manage what personality clashes happen without people randomly deserting all the time.  But I would like some kind of interaction again.  I didn't like the interaction in native because if two people didn't like each other they would guaranteed desert eventually and there was no way to make them happy.

Will do! Before I get to it, is there any face textures mods out there that could [potentially] cause problems for use? If so, I'd like to know a bit before I go in and try to find the right face/hair textures, because I've got quite a few such Hair Texture downloads. If not, then I think it'll be safe to say I hope to come back with it soon~

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum as well, and for the compliments.~

The face textures are unchanged from native.  But there are new hairs from various OSP packs.  No new ones since .95 though so as long as you make her within the Berserk mod she will transfer properly.  I should have mentioned that my personal Mod has a few of the head meshes replaced with Barf's face pack.  But that won't affect your facecode or how she looks to everyone who downloads the mod.

Code:
0x000000000000300159eb6846938d129800000000001db4d50000000000000000
This is as far as I could get to adequately represent her, as that's the only hair texture I can find that 'fits', using the braid, but the below is probably the better one in terms for what I was 'thinking' and going for, but couldn't rightly achieve.
Code:
0x000000002b0c100538d3d22a99b22adb00000000001d5be60000000000000000

Back
Top Bottom