New Companions are not spawning

Users who are viewing this thread

Unless your game is bugged, extra wanderers do indeed spawn. I'm not sure how often, what the criteria are, or exactly what the cap on total wanderers might be, but I do have 2 more of them on day-15 than I do in a day-0 save (right at the start of the tutorial). At that point on day-15, I had also hired 2 wanderers as companions in my party, but I'm not sure if that has any effect on more spawning or not.

It can be kind of obnoxious at times, since the initial wanderers may not really be what you're really looking for - especially if trying to keep a bit of a "monoculture" within the party/clan - and there are no indicators when/if new wanderers become available.

40 would be a reasonable number if they were all unique, but it's odd to me that they have a random companion system that caps spawns at a number lower than the amount of towns in the game

+1
Disagree, I feel it’s just right. There shouldn’t be anything that’s “for sure”.

There should be more cities then companion slots.

There should be more companion types then there are companion slots.

The suggestions for them to all spawn and for them to fill every city decreases chance encounters both game to game and just roaming around a map during a play through.

Very few people talk about one of the worst parts of Warband: the lack of variety from different playthroughs.

I think a lot of the problem could be alleviated by the wanderers having a better skill and attribute spread that's in line for what a party leader or Vassal should be. You could have different flavors for captains, but really they all need some potential for support skills too or they're just goofing around.

This is a bug has started with 1.7.2 I have reported this. Normally game was generating new companions with how much days past in the game but right now all of the companions are staying same since the begining , all of my friends have the same issue on their new characters on 1.7.2

I've done some very minor early-game testing with 1.8, and it seems like the game tries to maintain 32 "unrecruited" wanderers at that point. There has always been that number at the beginning of my campaigns, with a new one being spawned in the ballpark of 1 day after I hired an existing wanderer (though saving and reloading the game does seem to reset, or at least extend, the spawn timer).

While 32 options for recruiting companions might sound like a decent number, it's possible that some cultures will only have 2 (that's the lowest I've seen, anyway) options available at the start, with no guarantee that more will spawn from that culture when the player hires various companions. It can be pretty annoying if you're looking to play primarily/exclusively as a "monoculture" clan/party. For example, one can start as a Battanian that aims to use Battanian troops and companions, but only has 2 Battanian wanderers available at the start of the game. If you're looking for a specific type - like, say, Battanian "the Ragged" to be a captain for your archers - your chances of getting one later aren't very good. It might be possible for the player to repeatedly hire/fire companions to "reroll" who's available, but that seems a little tedious. And as I noted above, the resetting timer makes "save scumming" for a particular companion (or even culture) a bit more difficult as well.

So basicly we can say mechanic is completely broken . In my game there aren't any engineers and only one trader. Without basic companions like stewards, scouts, engineers or medics game will be unplayable. This issue needs to be fixed or turned to basic version

I've done some very minor early-game testing with 1.8, and it seems like the game tries to maintain 32 "unrecruited" wanderers at that point. There has always been that number at the beginning of my campaigns, with a new one being spawned in the ballpark of 1 day after I hired an existing wanderer (though saving and reloading the game does seem to reset, or at least extend, the spawn timer).

While 32 options for recruiting companions might sound like a decent number, it's possible that some cultures will only have 2 (that's the lowest I've seen, anyway) options available at the start, with no guarantee that more will spawn from that culture when the player hires various companions. It can be pretty annoying if you're looking to play primarily/exclusively as a "monoculture" clan/party. For example, one can start as a Battanian that aims to use Battanian troops and companions, but only has 2 Battanian wanderers available at the start of the game. If you're looking for a specific type - like, say, Battanian "the Ragged" to be a captain for your archers - your chances of getting one later aren't very good. It might be possible for the player to repeatedly hire/fire companions to "reroll" who's available, but that seems a little tedious. And as I noted above, the resetting timer makes "save scumming" for a particular companion (or even culture) a bit more difficult as well.
Still doesn’t bother me.

Again: nothing should be guaranteed. A huge portion of the experience is reacting to the world in front of you. If there are only Two companions for your culture, and you wanted to load up on them, you have a decision to make: just use the two, break from your earlier notion, or hire up some and assassinate them.

It’s just weird that players are pushing more and more for homogenization of the world for playthroughs instead of more variety and randomness.

One of the things I like about Warband over Bannerlord was the random wars at the beginning. Having every playthrough start with Vlandia or Sturgia taking the other’s isolated castle in northern Battanian is something I’ve seen 20 times (at least Sturgia wins that opening war an acceptable amount). But I’d like to see 3-4 random wars at the beginning versus the same 4. Those early subtle shifts can let a player know where they steer. Not knowing where those borders could shift would be preferable to knowing exactly which fronts will be moving in that first year

Still doesn’t bother me.

Again: nothing should be guaranteed. A huge portion of the experience is reacting to the world in front of you. If there are only Two companions for your culture, and you wanted to load up on them, you have a decision to make: just use the two, break from your earlier notion, or hire up some and assassinate them.

It’s just weird that players are pushing more and more for homogenization of the world for playthroughs instead of more variety and randomness.

One of the things I like about Warband over Bannerlord was the random wars at the beginning. Having every playthrough start with Vlandia or Sturgia taking the other’s isolated castle in northern Battanian is something I’ve seen 20 times (at least Sturgia wins that opening war an acceptable amount). But I’d like to see 3-4 random wars at the beginning versus the same 4. Those early subtle shifts can let a player know where they steer. Not knowing where those borders could shift would be preferable to knowing exactly which fronts will be moving in that first year
While I would be totally fine with the initial wars being randomized, I can't say that I agree otherwise. I personally dislike "gamey" tactics (ie, hiring/firing companions in order to reroll who's available), and find it a bit silly that there would be 0 options for a Battanian Archer captain in all of Calradia...unless of course you hire and immediately "assassinate" a dozen different Khuzait, Vlandian, and Imperial characters first.

find it a bit silly that there would be 0 options for a Battanian Archer captain in all of
Maybe not very legit but I’ve solved the problem with CharacterManager.
Also allows (allowed before that new feature in the arena to reset companion perks) to fix for example the infantry-archer who had Bow Control (which is only usefull for mounted archers), or the infantryman with the one handed Cavalry perk rather than Shield Bearer, or the sturgians with On the Edge when they use only 2 handed axes but not 2 H swords…. 😉🤣

You can recruit them and then dismiss then from you clan and they lave the game and then there's room for more.
I have also tried that but recruiting and than kicking from the clan option not working , they are spawning on a diffrent city and I still stuck with same wanderers

Back
Top Bottom