New Combat Mechanic: Khuzait riders with whip

Users who are viewing this thread

Nonoloco

Recruit
I read once that the Mongols would use whips, and nets to ensnare and drag enemy soldiers from their lines.

That seems like it would be really hard to implement, but could be super cool!!!

Because it won't be fun, people will hate being dragged along the floor in another event just like crushthrough where there is no way to avoid it. And there is literally no reason to use a whip anyways. It doesn't kill your enemy so why use it? The only people who will like it are the players who are good enough to bull**** with the game mechanics and get away with it while the pubs will just cry because they aren't good with it, thats what happens with kick throws/ slashes and it'll be no different here

I mean it's a boss idea and would be both awesome and hilarious, but probably doesn't have a place in the native MP or at least in the more competitive modes. Someone better mod this in, or at the very least lasso's.

I read once that the Mongols would use whips, and nets to ensnare and drag enemy soldiers from their lines.

That seems like it would be really hard to implement, but could be super cool!!!

I think this would be a boss idea, and it'd give Khuzaits an interesting playstyle. At the same time, I don't see any viable counterplay to such a mechanic. It does seem like it'd be an unbalanceable "click and win" trick.

I would oppose the "dragging on the floor" idea because it would be way too annoying and TW would probably fail to balance it. Whips on the other hand, I think it would be a nice addition if they can balance it, a weapon that has a reach of a short spear and deals extra damage to unarmored but reduced to heavy armor, but has a long windup so it would work as a support weapon rather than a 1v1 weapon.

I think this would be a boss idea, and it'd give Khuzaits an interesting playstyle. At the same time, I don't see any viable counterplay to such a mechanic. It does seem like it'd be an unbalanceable "click and win" trick.

I was thinking you could copy the javelin mechanic on horse back. If the enemy unit has his shield up, it doesn't work, but if its down then he get his neck lassoed. And then you could ride off, but you could maybe add another requirement for the rider as he would need to tie his whip to the horse's saddle in order to drag the unit. If he doesn't then he'd be pulled off the horse. So there would be a little risk reward.

Also, dragging a unit would not kill them, It would require like riding from one flag to another distance. And the horse would be slowed down by this.

So basically, it would be like a javelin but you have unlimited amount. It would tricky to land your hit but if you did you could successfully pull out a spear unit from a safe distance.

This would create more fighting mechanics for the horse factions.

(Also I think the horse archers have been way too nerfed down)

I was thinking you could copy the javelin mechanic on horse back. If the enemy unit has his shield up, it doesn't work, but if its down then he get his neck lassoed. And then you could ride off, but you could maybe add another requirement for the rider as he would need to tie his whip to the horse's saddle in order to drag the unit. If he doesn't then he'd be pulled off the horse. So there would be a little risk reward.

Also, dragging a unit would not kill them, It would require like riding from one flag to another distance. And the horse would be slowed down by this.

So basically, it would be like a javelin but you have unlimited amount. It would tricky to land your hit but if you did you could successfully pull out a spear unit from a safe distance.

This sounds terribly complicated, and like a bad mechanic all in all.

My problem is they will put it in the main version and there will be some problem with it and next thing you know someone is getting infinite dragged by a whip and it will be abused as hell and it probably won't be fixed for a month killing the player base even more. Fix the servers first and stable servers and then balance what we have before adding more features that completely breaks the balance.

My problem is they will put it in the main version and there will be some problem with it and next thing you know someone is getting infinite dragged by a whip and it will be abused as hell and it probably won't be fixed for a month killing the player base even more. Fix the servers first and stable servers and then balance what we have before adding more features that completely breaks the balance.

Lol, I guess, so you would rather devs and game designers never attempt any new gameplay mechanics.

I get your point though, but I'd rather they try new stuff, while not prioritizing, and remove it or refactor if negative, but at least you get to try something new.

I am not in favour of this. Khuzaits already have their super annoying Ranged cav. Just imagine something like this in Captain, oh god the horror!

I essentially play captain. On a side note, if you played recently you'd see that they have nerfed horse archers to a point of utter uselessness. Your bots will not shoot a single enemy while riding, and can barely shoot when you stop.

I'd rather have realistic combat mechanics based on history even if some units become OP.

Lol, I guess, so you would rather devs and game designers never attempt any new gameplay mechanics.

I get your point though, but I'd rather they try new stuff, while not prioritizing, and remove it or refactor if negative, but at least you get to try something new.
I don't have a problem with new stuff and even new stuff being broken, (I been playing overwatch for years) its just that if the game doesn't have a good groundwork wacky mechanics can really **** with the game, even more so with Bannerlord were they are still trying to balance the whole game so we should wait till the game is nearly perfect balance and then you can start adding in wacky features in Bannerlord.

I essentially play captain. On a side note, if you played recently you'd see that they have nerfed horse archers to a point of utter uselessness. Your bots will not shoot a single enemy while riding, and can barely shoot when you stop.

I'd rather have realistic combat mechanics based on history even if some units become OP.

Haha what? Why would you want to break the game for historical correctness? That's not how this work mate. We play this game because it's fun. Go and take a mongol history class or something if you want history, you wont find it in Bannerlord.

What? In a multiplayer game? That is stupid as ****. Go play single player modded instead, or even modded multiplayer once that becomes possible. This is a stupid sentiment.
That is being worked on.
The first part should be quite clear without saying. Throwing, hitting, tying, getting thrown off the horse.. That sounds like quite a lot of commands, that will not even end up mattering when people learn to use all of those commands. There is no risk reward once you learn to use it, only reward, only with many steps. The second? It sounds like annoying to play against, annoying to use in game and is likely to throw the combat balance to ****. If it doesn't, it's like to be a useless mechanic and overlooked. It also sounds like hell to code into the game.

People who whine about realism just want to validate (and buff) their preferred playstyle. This game will never be realistic, so there's no reason to trade enjoyment for it. It's a terrible compromise that leaves everyone annoyed. People who are here to have fun suffer, and the people who want a "super realistic combat sim" never get what they really want.

Back
Top Bottom