New class system: Equalize all stats, freely choose equipment

Equalize all combat abilities?

• yes, players should be able to fight with every equipment/mount without penalty

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • no, players should be penalized if they use different equipment/mount to their class

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate behavior
Yes the game won't be completely stale if every faction just has 1 loadout as that is the best one to use so why use anything else.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the game won't be completely stale if every faction just has 1 loadout as that is the best one to use so why use anything else.

You are very special, please go to the nearest bridge and seek help at the bottom. Thank you very much for your cooperation, we are sad that we won't be hearing more from you.
napolean wasnt stale even if most people used bayonet not sure if you can compare them, maybe your right, but i would like to try it on a custom server,

suicide is never the answer, dont let anger affect your life,
thanks for replying
Godbless

It's not that I think it's a bad idea, but I don't think it fits with M&B. I just think that this kind of system should be asymmetric, in short. Do you know Natural Selection ?
if your arguement is that most people will only play one class/playstyle then i get it,

it will probably be boring but maybe with the correct balance

like buffing armor against arrows (in the case of people spamming archer tactics)

people wouldnt just play one playstyle, and even if they did, if it was fun wouldnt that be ok?

just an idea, i would like someone to put this into a custom server to try, but it might be bad though or be good

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
if your arguement is that most people will only play one class/playstyle then i get it,

it will probably be boring but maybe with the correct balance

like buffing armor against arrows (in the case of people spamming archer tactics)

people wouldnt just play one playstyle, and even if they did, if it was fun wouldnt that be ok?

just an idea, i would like someone to put this into a custom server to try, but it might be bad though or be good
First of all NW is stale af, there is only groupfighting lmao.

If you equal everything out there will be one playstyle to play, if you want to win you play that. And who doesnt want to win? It doesn't have a correlation for fun.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP's suggestion is extremely unwise, and here's why:

By equalizing all stats and equipment availability throughout the board, it kills any and all variety to the gameplay. Factions would become obsolete. Playing different roles would become obsolete -since there would be one (and only one) prevailing loadout meta which *I guarantee you* everyone would be playing within a week of this concept being implemented.

Having different roles (inf, cav, archer) adds variety and enjoyment to the gameplay. Likewise, someone playing inf shouldn't be able to pick up a bow and use it like an archer. Nor should inf and archers be able to mount warhorses -these things disrupt the game balance.

Warband did the class system incredibly well. Inf, cav, and archers were clearly distinct in how they operated and what role they played in a match. Plus, thresholds in attributes and skills like strength, riding, power throw, and power draw meant that players couldn't just pick up any weapon or mount any stray horse and use it to their liking. They had to stick to their roles and operate within those parameters. It made for a more well-balanced and enjoyable experience than the one Bannerlord offers.

Plus, the equipment specific to each faction gave that faction a unique flavor and a (slightly) different playstyle than the other factions. For example, Nord cav played way different than Swadian cav, largely in part to the different equipment available to each (Free javs for Nords, Awlpike drop for Swadians).

By advocating a universal equipment selection for Bannerlord, you're really killing whatever small modicum of fun is left in this game.

OP's suggestion is extremely unwise, and here's why:

By equalizing all stats and equipment availability throughout the board, it kills any and all variety to the gameplay. Factions would become obsolete. Playing different roles would become obsolete -since there would be one (and only one) prevailing loadout meta which *I guarantee you* everyone would be playing within a week of this concept being implemented.

Having different roles (inf, cav, archer) adds variety and enjoyment to the gameplay. Likewise, someone playing inf shouldn't be able to pick up a bow and use it like an archer. Nor should inf and archers be able to mount warhorses -these things disrupt the game balance.

Warband did the class system incredibly well. Inf, cav, and archers were clearly distinct in how they operated and what role they played in a match. Plus, thresholds in attributes and skills like strength, riding, power throw, and power draw meant that players couldn't just pick up any weapon or mount any stray horse and use it to their liking. They had to stick to their roles and operate within those parameters. It made for a more well-balanced and enjoyable experience than the one Bannerlord offers.

Plus, the equipment specific to each faction gave that faction a unique flavor and a (slightly) different playstyle than the other factions. For example, Nord cav played way different than Swadian cav, largely in part to the different equipment available to each (Free javs for Nords, Awlpike drop for Swadians).

By advocating a universal equipment selection for Bannerlord, you're really killing whatever small modicum of fun is left in this game.
Well said... I haven't even answered him anymore because he has double posted again :facepalm: and I really don't like to waste my time on what he says.

---
Edit lol
tenor.gif

Sorry for quoting @Jesus_is-Lord above, I thought I had quoted @Jesus__is__Lord . But you answered a call that wasn't meant for you and confused me :lol: .

Last edited:
why is equalizing a bad idea? can you please explain?

i would rather have the warband 3 class system rather the new bannerlord system though
I am all in for Warband system, which was not stats equalized. Archers needs to be weak melee and only cav needs to be abble to mount horses. Only archers needs to be abble to shoot properly. These factors are making the game more infantry oriented for better balance.

They only need to make the warband equipmemt system

I think that all your ideas together on one custom server would be much more fun than what we have now but it sounds like reballancing the entire game. If your proposed system was implemented without your other balance changes to speed and what-not I don't think it would be much fun. I wish you were able to create a server to try it out.

What tw gives us will never be fun for me at least.

Don't really get why people are being so nasty to you for just spit balling ideas, good on you for killing them with kindness. Even some I respect are being uncharacteristic. I guess it's been a long hard road for too many and they just need to vent.

Warband's class system was so good. Taleworlds could turn this ship around if they brought it back. It allowed the player to balance every game by countering the enemy. For example, if I'm Rhodok infantry and the other side is all Swadian knights, I'm going to bring a pike. If the other side is a bunch of Nord turtles I'm going to bring a warhammer and bash through their shields. If the other side is all Vaegir archers, I'm going to bring a big shield. I might change out my weapons every round depending on what the best players on the other side are bringing, but I'm always infantry. As my kills go up, I get to advance. First I'll add a stack of javs, then upgrade my helmet, get gloves, and put on plate mail. When teammates see my finery, they naturally rally around me. I'm a ****ing warlord, this is glorious.

Or maybe I'm getting smashed and changing loadouts isn't working. Fine, I'll try cav. My kill rate improves, but we're still being crushed. **** it, I'll play archer. This is why Warband never got old.

I think that all your ideas together on one custom server would be much more fun than what we have now but it sounds like reballancing the entire game. If your proposed system was implemented without your other balance changes to speed and what-not I don't think it would be much fun. I wish you were able to create a server to try it out.

What tw gives us will never be fun for me at least.

Don't really get why people are being so nasty to you for just spit balling ideas, good on you for killing them with kindness. Even some I respect are being uncharacteristic. I guess it's been a long hard road for too many and they just need to vent.
thanks man, i appreciate it,

very weird to be so bullied just for mentioning an idea,

kinda made me feel like not returning here but im glad i did to read your comment man, thanks

Crypex said:
We had this in the game before at release and it was cancer
really? can you describe why?

do you mean there really were no class/equipment restrictions?

that sounds great what went wrong?

i get maybe archer arrows need debuff against heavy armor, it should do alot less damage,

and at this point i dont even want heavily armored cav in the game bc they are just so annoying to play against (just reducing they hp by halfish would be a good think i guess)

also i would like to add your a great player to play against,

very skilled,

cant wait to see you on the battle mode when it finally comes out

Back
Top Bottom