Resolved New character having "treated people well" immediately loses Generous trait upon leaving training grounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
This one has been around for a few versions, but I just fired up a new unmodded campaign to (sigh) troubleshoot some other bugs prior to making reports on them, and I see that this bug is still a thing in the latest stable version.

If you choose "treated people well" during character creation, you start with the Generous trait. However, if you don't skip the tutorial, then as soon as you leave the training field for the first time and start travelling to the nearest settlement to buy food, about two seconds after you start moving, you're informed that you're starving, and the Generous trait is removed. Several prior campaigns have demonstrated that it then takes hundreds of game-days to get it back, even when consistently keeping 8 or 9 food types stocked.

So, there seem to be two issues here: firstly, that all new characters are forced to take a 'tick' of Starving with no way to avoid it (except to skip the tutorial, along with the part of the story tied to it), and secondly, that a single tick of Starving evidently makes the progress bar for having Generous go from 100% to 0%.

In an older thread, other players suggested that not only Generous is affected by the second issue, but other traits as well. Without knowing all the details about what goes into gaining & losing traits, I can't confirm.

I can upload a save file, but it's just a new campaign. To reproduce, start a new campaign, leave the training field, and travel for several seconds. Before you can get even halfway to the nearest settlement, the starving message will appear, and the Generous trait will be lost.

Back
Top Bottom