SP - Economy New building type - Ports

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's an idea that probably never will be made:

Core functionality:
Coastal cities can build ports that serve as a prosperity-boosting building (via trading) and provide fish as a resource.

Additional (raw ideas):
  • Shipyard building.
    • Can be used to build ships that take you across the sea (with a temporary morale penalty for troops due to seasickness).
    • Ships can be used to block ports (thus taking away prosperity bonus and fish as a food source).
    • More fishing ships can be created for additional food & prosperity bonus.
  • A pirate port somewhere on the map for rouge players roleplay (hidden but can be unlocked via rouge/bandit skill tree or a quest)
    • Unique tavern with unique wanderers
    • Kidnapping, caravan ambush quests
    • Smuggler shop for additional rare item sale/purchase
    • Prisoner sale for a higher price
    • Pirate arena fights on a ship deck (ok, this is already weird, I will stop here)

Once Bannerlord is actually a finished game and good sequel to Warband, I'd love a naval DLC and I know Armagan mentioned in an interview that he would be interested in doing something like that down the line.

Its a good idea once the general prosperity problem of the game is fixed. As long that isn't it would massivly increase the dump of units into ever depleting garrisons of lategame AI fiefs and also the longer it takes for fiefs to get back into the prosperity gain and the faster they get back into dropping prosperity thanks to food surplus fading again. Rinse and repeat

Its a good idea once the general prosperity problem of the game is fixed. As long that isn't it would massivly increase the dump of units into ever depleting garrisons of lategame AI fiefs and also the longer it takes for fiefs to get back into the prosperity gain and the faster they get back into dropping prosperity thanks to food surplus fading again. Rinse and repeat
Once Bannerlord is actually a finished game and good sequel to Warband, I'd love a naval DLC and I know Armagan mentioned in an interview that he would be interested in doing something like that down the line.
There are pending issues with BL's vital mechanics. I don't believe there's a point in introducing new mechanics while still in EA. The momentum is gone. Just finish the darn Vanilla - TW! Close that chapter, and move on. This is how I see it.

DLC seems to be a reasonable idea, not only for the Naval business. There were other equally interesting ideas, like proper Rogue DLC (Hideouts, King of thieves, etc.), Invasion DLC, Feast DLC,...

<Would normally paste Shia Labeouf's meme here but frankly speaking, after all, that EA - I couldn't care less..> ;p

There are pending issues with BL's vital mechanics. I don't believe there's a point in introducing new mechanics while still in EA
Well depending on your definition of "new", they do certainly need to reintroduce good mechanics that were in Warband in order to make Bannerlord a good sequel, and they need to add the mechanics that they already promised to be a part of Bannerlord, such as the criminal alleys system or banners in battle, or the stuff from their future plans post.

Well depending on your definition of "new", they do certainly need to reintroduce good mechanics that were in Warband in order to make Bannerlord a good sequel, and they need to add the mechanics that they already promised to be a part of Bannerlord, such as the criminal alleys system or banners in battle, or the stuff from their future plans post.
Yup, finish all that but nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom