New Blog Schedule

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml]Let me start by apologising for the lack of a blog last week. We are truly sorry to have kept you waiting and I am personally sorry for announcing that it would come 1 day later. We have been discussing switching to a new schedule so we can divert some more attention to the ongoing beta and there was some confusion about whether this new schedule went into effect last week. So, the new schedule... From now on, we will be posting blogs every fortnight. We feel that this will be much more manageable in the long term and allow us to put more effort into both the blogs and with engaging with our players in the ongoing beta. We know this might be a little disappointing for some of you, but we feel that this is the best option moving forward. [/parsehtml]

Don't be an ass Kodlak. And please don't use 'virgin' as an insult. It's just unclassy. Sounds wrong in my ears lol.

Orion said:
I think the point has been made clear enough, folks. Stop beating the dead horse.
I think people just need to vent a little.

Kodlak Jorrvas said:
Imagine writing some words for some nerds being a responsability
You don't even need to imagine that, it's an actual job, it's called 'community manager' in this particular case, though there's plenty others that also could be summed up by 'writing some words for some nerds'.

And again, I don't really care about devblogs itself, they're nice to read most of the time, but that's all. I care about the fact that the new schedule couldn't be kept just after it was announced on an event of not being able to keep the old schedule. Can't you create a backlog of devblogs for events like that? Or does the game change on a weekly (well, bi-weekly) basis and prevent that? That would be, frankly, even more worrying.

I have said this before, but the amount of content that actually goes into the dev blogs , is minimal, and often regurgitated info, with the odd screenshot. callum has been in the job a while now, and probably has the making of them, down to a fine art, probably an hours work?.

your telling me he didn't have a spare hour in the last fortnight? dont buy the excuses, should be disciplined, or sacked, is he not after all a community manager. A go between TW and their customers? p$$$ poor.....

Not cool guys, not cool. Literally war broke out, tension with US goes up and you run your mouths when people are with their family. In a war, one never knows. Moreso when one didn't experience one (like you here). You can neglect your family all you want but don't command others to do the same. When it's ready, it's ready. So easy there, you will grow out of your young impatience and ignorance one day too, maybe.

Imagine if Callum is just playing with us. There's no game, there's no beta, there's no Taleworlds.

Everyone who is saying to play the beta is just someone who agreed (or has been paid) with Callum to joke on all of us. The various gamescom have been maybe just some small Turkish events with someone who agreed on some photos and videos to share on the forum and all over the internet. The critics are blind as we are and they only watched the videos online to get an idea of the game, for the sake of views and advertising. They are just good enough on some video editors and crafted some videos of the game (fakingly) been played. That's why there are the same 4/5 videos running around.

And now Callum has just started trying some deeper jokes on us, just to see how much we can handle before realizing... congratulations to him and all the folks following him. Nice job, it lasted many years, you and everyone here should be really proud of what you've done.

It's been great to have spent all this time with you, community. Hype isn't everything, we should really smile and look forward :smile:

By the way, I'm joking (hopefully). Just calm down. Maybe it's not professional, maybe it is. It just depend on which perspective we see all of this. Just wait and be polite to anyone here, especially the TW members.

HawkyX said:
Not cool guys, not cool. Literally war broke out, tension with US goes up and you run your mouths when people are with their family. In a war, one never knows. Moreso when one didn't experience one (like you here). You can neglect your family all you want but don't command others to do the same. When it's ready, it's ready. So easy there, you will grow out of your young impatience and ignorance one day too, maybe.

I honestly don't know what the **** that is supposed to mean. I don't see the connection between callum not writing a dev blog and the ongoing turkish-kurdish war that has been ongoing for over 30 years and how it is relevant to him not posting a dev blog.

Where i do see something is the constant delays of the dev blogs since september, there i see a connection honestly.

dudes, honestly, wat?

TW don't owes us nothing. I know, this is bad PR and stuff but we're not obliged to give money to TW by buying it's products, and TW is not obliged to give anything in return beyond the product we payed for. If we pay for the product, we get the product. If we pay for nothing, we get what they think they should give us. We should get angry like this at politicians, not at game developers.

Horik6697 said:
dudes, honestly, wat?

TW don't owes us nothing. I know, this is bad PR and stuff but we're not obliged to give money to TW by buying it's products, and TW is not obliged to give anything in return beyond the product we payed for. If we pay for the product, we get the product. If we pay for nothing, we get what they think they should give us. We should get angry like this at politicians, not at game developers.

This doesn't take out the fact that TW is failing miserably at delivering half baked devblogs in a loose schedule.

FBohler said:
Horik6697 said:
dudes, honestly, wat?

This doesn't take out the fact that TW is failing miserably at delivering half baked devblogs in a loose schedule.

Exactly.

FBohler said:

Yeah, but is TW a game dev. company or a entertainment blog? They don't have to excel at the art of writing blogs, neither they have to deliver it in schedule. The community must learn how to manage their expectations...

Back
Top Bottom