New banner idea for you or your clan? Post here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Decided to make a few "historically inspired" sashimono. Some are accurate representations of actual designs, while some are tweaked to look good - I tried to stick to sashimono styles though.

Clan Hattori - The Hattori are the leading family in Iga, a mountainous province, and the home of the independent Iga Sokoku Ikki, a kind of proto-republic which denied the power of the Kamakura shogunate's feudal lords. The people of Iga developed a school of martial arts, the Iga-ryu ninjutsu, which combined martial arts, assassination techniques and unconventional warfare tactics. They used their ninjutsu to keep their independence, and then to make themselves wealthy as swords-for-hire. The tradition of independence, however, has remained strong in Iga and among the Hattori.

16ab3oo.png

2gw5hr6.png

91i6b6.png

Honda Tadakatsu (1548 – 1610), also called Honda Heihachirō, was a Japanese general (and later a daimyo) of the late Sengoku through early Edo period, who served Tokugawa Ieyasu. Honda Tadakatsu was one of the Tokugawa Four Heavenly Kings along with Ii Naomasa, Sakakibara Yasumasa and Sakai Tadatsugu.

2urt6h0.png

Ikeda Nobuteru (1536-84)- Served Oda Nobunaga and fought at Okehazama and Anegawa. After Nobunaga's death he fought for Hideyoshi at Yamazaki and the Komaki campaign where he and his eldest son Yukisuke were killed in action against Ieyasu at Nagakute.

e71cnq.png

2u903d3.png

Kikkawa Motoharu (1530 - 1586) was the second son of Mōri Motonari, and featured prominently in all the wars of the Mōri clan. When Motoharu was young he was adopted into the Kikkawa clan by Kikkawa Okitsune. He then became head of the family around 1550. Motoharu fought in many battles alongside his brother, Kobayakawa Takakage, including the 1555 battle of Miyajima and the 1570 battle of Nunobeyama. In 1566, he claimed Izumo province as his fief, after defeating its lords, the Amago clan, in a number of battles.

j67ehd.png

2873b4n.png

The Nanbu -  one of the most powerful clans in the north. Clashed with the Akita in 1550 and the rebellion of the Oura (Tsugaru) in 1581. Nanbu Nobunao submitted to Toyotomi Hideyoshi and helped defeat the last independent daimyo Kunoe Masazane in 1591.

25gc6yq.png

The Oda Clan - a family of Japanese daimyo who were to become an important political force in the unification of Japan in the mid-16th century. Though they had the climax of their fame under Oda Nobunaga and fell from the spotlight soon after, several branches of the family would continue on as daimyo houses until the Meiji Restoration.

28rmtf8.png

The Ōtomo Clan - A powerful clan throughout the Sengoku period (1467-1573), the Ōtomo are especially notable as one of the first clans to make contact with Europeans, and to establish a trade relationship with them.

2qmhyxh.png

2iihg5v.png

Sakai Tadatsugu (1527-1596), One of Tokugawa Ieyasu's finest commanders. At Mikata ga Hara he held the extreme right flank where he was cut off and surrounded when the Oda allied troops on the right wing were swept off the battlefield by the Takeda. He fought his way out of the encirclement to rejoin Ieyasu. Reaching the safety of Hamamatsu Castle, he beat the drum on the watchtower to guide the scattered Tokugawa troops home. At Nagashino he led troops out of the safety of the palisades to raid the Takeda camp.

2pziu7m.png

hx52km.png

2v1t9fs.png

Sanada Nobutsuna (1537-1575), Son of Sanada Yukitaka who was also one of Takeda Shingen's 24 Generals. His banners may have changed from blue to white when he succeeded as the head of the Sanada with the death of Yukitaka.

2howlsy.png

2qkqels.png

Uesugi Kenshin (1530 - 157:cool:, the almost legendary and colorful 'Dragon of Echigo' need no introduction. He was first named Nagao Kagetora. In 1547 he defeated his brother Harukage to become the head of the Nagao family, a vassal of the Yamaouchi-Uesugi. The red sun disc on blue was a treasure of the Uesugi House. This 'Bishamonten' (god of war) banner became Kenshin's personal standard when he changed his name.

fu5isi.png

2d0lyc9.png

Hehehehe, I was pretty bored. They take almost no time at all though - I already have about 200 transparent kamon gifs, so it's all just paste and recolour.  :mrgreen:

http://rghost.ru/download/36712361/a60c250c5b16a96338163dc272f1067f2df7765c/banners_clans.png http://rghost.ru/download/36712363/6f3ee1ca942dbb4492be8db8e96e1b63c6120a89/banners_clans_a.png
image.png

image.png

Could you add these for the Mori Clan please? If I get time I'll brush up the bow one a bit more, but these seem good enough.

yariv2.jpg
naginatav2.jpg
katanav2.jpg
bowv2.jpg
cavalryv2.jpg
lordv2.jpg

Here are some more banners I made a while back, forgot to upload them. Sorry. :roll:

Uchiwa.png

Tsunami.png

Tori.png

ThreePines.png

Takedacircle.png

Takanoha.png

Swirl.png

SunClouds.png

SquareCircle.png

Shrimp.png

Scales.png

Satomi.png

Saru.png

RedSun.png

Otomo.png

MaplePeek.png

Kuginuki2.png

Kuginuki1.png

Janome2.png

Janome1.png

Hidari2.png

Hidari1.png

Heike2.png

Heike1.png

Heaven2.png

Heaven1.png

Hangetsu.png

Genji.png

Fuji.png

flower.png

face.png

CrossedClaws.png

Crane.png

Coin.png

Cloud.png

BirdCloud2.png

BirdCloud.png

Asai.png

Aoyama.png

3Horos.png

3Coins.png

Mitsunare.png

Imagawa2.png

Honma.png

Hojo2.png

Takeda4.png

Takeda3.png

Takeda2.png

Takeda1.png

Shimazu2.png

Ouchi2.png

Here are some banners with samurai sayings on them. These did occur on the battlefield as secondary banners of generals. Unfortunatley some of these don't sound as cool in English as they do in Japanese.

"Ishin Denshin"
trans ~ implicit understanding

IshinDenshinTohaveatacitunderstanding1.png

IshinDenshinTohaveatacitunderstanding2.png

IshinDenshinTohaveatacitunderstanding3.png

"Kanzen Muketsu"
trans ~ absolute perfection

KanzenMuketsuAbsolutenesstobeperfect1.png

KanzenMuketsuAbsolutenesstobeperfect2.png

KanzenMuketsuAbsolutenesstobeperfect3.png

"Kishi Kaisei"
trans ~ back from the brink / to pull out of the fire

KishiKaiseiTobebackfromthebrinktopullsomethingfromthefire1.png

KishiKaiseiTobebackfromthebrinktopullsomethingfromthefire2.png

KishiKaiseiTobebackfromthebrinktopullsomethingfromthefire3.png

"Kuzen Zetsugo"
trans ~ the first and probably last thing in history

KuzenZetsugoThefirstandprobablythelastthinginhistory1.png

KuzenZetsugoThefirstandprobablythelastthinginhistory2.png

KuzenZetsugoThefirstandprobablythelastthinginhistory3.png

"Ichigo Ichie"
trans ~ treasure every experience, it will never come again

IchigoIchieTreasureeveryencounterforitwillneverrecur1.png

IchigoIchieTreasureeveryencounterforitwillneverrecur2.png

IchigoIchieTreasureeveryencounterforitwillneverrecur3.png

"Kouun Ryosui"
trans ~ a wandering cloud and river running through the land

KouunRyosuiAcloudmovingacrosstheskyandariverrunningthroughtheland1.png

KouunRyosuiAcloudmovingacrosstheskyandariverrunningthroughtheland2.png

KouunRyosuiAcloudmovingacrosstheskyandariverrunningthroughtheland3.png

NB - I haven't tested these yet to see if they fit into the sashimono like my other banners - let me know if the kanji is too wide/long/both and I'll fix it

Back
Top Bottom