New Badge??Give votes!

Should taleworlds put this badge into game?

• Yes

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Combining it with a rating system sounds the most clean to me. Would reward good performances, while not demanding meaningless grind. So you get a temporary badge for being top 5 %, top 10 % etc. in a particular area (most kills this month, most assists this month) or overall (average score/damage per game maybe). And it is removed if you dip below that rating class and you are instead granted a "lesser" badge. Basing it on single game performance would just encouarge people to gift them "2000 score in a single game, 3000 score, 4000 score" in that game (if you had those types of badges)

Who cares about badges, I think the devs should put time into the game and first give the community stuff they really need like good/custom servers, well-balanced factions, and no exploits then we can get our participation trophies.

They should have a badge that after like 2500 wins it simply updates the number in it with your current wins. And please give uss ranks and matchmaking, I'm tired playing against/with people that play their first games and I'm like 600 hours in.

It ruins the experience for them aswell, cant be fun getting totally stomped.

Simply a ranking system, in the style of platinum division, gold division, etc.
The badges should be a success unlocked by the statistics, such as doing 500 kills with a spear for example

These badges presented are ugly as f, however i do support more badges in general.

I'd rather have the game actually working before they add more RP/e-peen stuff though.

The badges should be a success unlocked by the statistics, such as doing 500 kills with a spear for example
This is a great idea! Kinda like achievements, but with badges attached for a specific task.

but yeah, Personally, I will be more in favour of an Elo rank system like in Matchmaking. The badges are nice but they don't talk. With a rank system we might have more balanced games in skirmish :wink:

There is a Glicko-2 MMR/elo system (if still enabled) that balances teams somewhat. It's better than nothing, but simply balances the first 12 people to queue.

Sometimes my queues are near instant, and I wouldn't mind waiting 2-5 mins to have a more balanced game.

Combining it with a rating system sounds the most clean to me. Would reward good performances, while not demanding meaningless grind. So you get a temporary badge for being top 5 %, top 10 % etc. in a particular area (most kills this month, most assists this month) or overall (average score/damage per game maybe). And it is removed if you dip below that rating class and you are instead granted a "lesser" badge. Basing it on single game performance would just encouarge people to gift them "2000 score in a single game, 3000 score, 4000 score" in that game (if you had those types of badges)

Simply a ranking system, in the style of platinum division, gold division, etc.

They should have a badge that after like 2500 wins it simply updates the number in it with your current wins. And please give uss ranks and matchmaking, I'm tired playing against/with people that play their first games and I'm like 600 hours in.

It ruins the experience for them aswell, cant be fun getting totally stomped.

I'm not a huge fan of achievement badges, because Achievements should be different from in-game-bling, but I absolutely agree with ranked and ranked badges.

Some flavor titles from:
Noble Titles and Ranks in a Monarchy (infoplease.com)
Imperial, royal and noble ranks - Wikipedia

Ranks from non-English origin would be cool, but I'm not familiar with them.

Standard RankMedieval RankBadge
BronzeBaronNo
SilverViscountNo
GoldEarlNo
PlatinumMarquisNo
DiamondDukeYes
MasterPrinceYes
GrandmasterKingYes
Challenger/Top 50 (or Top 100)EmperorYes

Back
Top Bottom