SP - General Neutral Mercenary & Merchant settlements?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that there should maybe be one place sort of affiliated with each of the merc factions (one 'mercenary' settlement, an exclave). Perhaps with the chance to recruit some of their unique troops while also providing a bit more variety. It might be nice though if there were a little variety within one of the regions of some factions .... and I think this might accomplish that.

I like that the mercenary factions are, for the most part, off-shoots (culturally) of the factions they are related to (and happen to be hostile to...).

So like this, each mercenary faction can be found in one settlement each that is permanently neutral and acts as a trading hub, caravan stop-over point.

Merchant post.
You could potentially hire some of their unique troops as well, sort of like with the taverns.

Possibly have a 'town patrol' like the Slave hunters from warband.
Maybe even a chance for the player to sign up for 'caravan guard', whereby the character's party is attached to the caravan he is hired to guard, and possibly gets some slight degree of passive trade skill experience from association?

That would be cool too have a place for everyone mercenary, merchant, criminals and so on. Gives me some pirate feeling to it.

maxresdefault.jpg

#bringbackzendar

What Warband mod is Zenadar from?

"Zendar was a location found in early version of Mount and Blade up to version 0.950.

Zendar was neutral town introduced in version .202 (Warrider). It was originally located between the Kingdom of Swadia and the Kingdom of Vaegirs. In later versions, between the Kingdom of Nords and the Vaegirs. The player would begin the game in Zendar.

The town included the main square where most of the town's characters could be found, including the tutorial characters from whom the player could learn about capturing and selling prisoners, damage types, and of other locations like Four Ways Inn, Dhorak's Keep and Salt Mines. Aditionally, the town featured the only playable arena (in Warrider), 'the Happy Boar' tavern, a training dungeon accessible via dialogue with the combat trainer, and a goods store in later versions.

The player could recruit farmers from the tavern and could join tournaments and receive training from the local trainer. Zendar, being an independent statelet, had issues maintaining its independence from less diplomatic third parties such as the River Pirates and Sea Raiders. The townsmen often put bounties on the heads of the River Pirates, which the player could use as a source of experience and loot for themselves and company, as the weak player would not be able to fight higher tier armies with the basic trooper, the Farmer."

+info here

Back
Top Bottom