NES help

Users who are viewing this thread

Jec94227

Master Knight
So, I am in need of help in running a NES. Most importantly, what does NES satnd for (if anything), advice on how to run the game and etc;.

I have already picked out a theme (based on the Emberverse series) and a place (Southern Ontario) and sort of have a basic idea on how things will go, based on my (limited) time playing Duara, but if anyone can give me some pointers, or direct me to a place where I can learn these sort of things, it would be much appreciated.

Never Ending Story. The games associated with the name have evolved into something else over time though.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

I could help you, but that's an open request. What do you need help with?

Exactly.In general, I would say keep yours and your players options open. Incentivise players contributing to the story rather than just playing the game. Encourage players to think out of the box and be original. Don't overload your system with with too many quantified variables. Qualified variables are more manageable and flexible.

This you need to do:

1) decide how the NES will be presented publicly
2) decide what the players' roles will be in both playing the NES and influencing the NES.
3) Develop a framework for the game's mechanics. Players need to know what their options are, or more accurately, what their options are not.
4) decide on the scale of play. Will players have direct control, or vague control?

You generally are going to run into 3 kinds of players:
1) Plays the game but not the NES
2) Plays the NES, contributes originality to the story, is not afraid of loosing. Dwarf Fortress Player.
3) Plays the NES, but is stuck in a rut of practical play without contributing anything original.

Dammit Jec, you got me re interested in NESes. I've got enough to do.

ALso, I suggest you require your players to define the goals of the civ/nation/character. These should probably be secret, but they may be practical or esoteric or whatnot. People stay sane and nations stay nations because there is something binding them together. The player at the very least needs to know what that is.

Back
Top Bottom