Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys i have about 60 plus hours in Warband banner lord atm and ive noticed a terrible trend with recent patches. The developer changes seem to think they are working on a MMO where too much stuff is usually what ruins the game, and the game needs constant balancing to make sure all players stay inline. With the recent patch that for some reason skipped beta has ruined the games economy and nerfed caravans and workshops into the ground for no reason other then they made alot of money even though i could make easy 20k to 80k farming AI lords endless armies of recruits within 10mins.

Im my (opinion) the developers are making the same mistake the Days dev team did by not focusing on fleshing out new features, fixing current ones and optimising the game but instead focusing on nerfing everything and stripping the fun away.

anyone else agree and thoughts or idea would love any feed back or input is welcomed :smile:

Well, not sure if It is the TW case but most of the game developers have different teams in charge of different things. Improving and balancing the current features does not necessarily mean that they are not proggresing in new features. These new features simply take more time to be ready.

On the other hand, balancing is necessary in SP too. Otherwise people are able to explore every single feature easy and fast and people just get bored. I personally like and enjoy much more and for more time these hard games which I find challenging.

I am pretty sure that It is still easy to make a lot of money, I am going to start a new campaign when towns bug and downgraded AI gets fixed to tested It.

Welcome to an Early Access title, where Taleworlds will be actively testing things and are asking the community to be part of the greater testing.

I think your problem is you never made it to late game. At a certain point your income generation will outgrow any possible way to spend it and the player ends up with millions and nothing to spend it on. They are trying to make the game last several years and if you can become a millionaire in just a few years it doesn't make for a very fun long game.

Well, not sure if It is the TW case but most of the game developers have different teams in charge of different things. Improving and balancing the current features does not necessarily mean that they are not proggresing un new features.

On the other hand, balancing is necessary un SP too. Otherwise people is able to explore every single feature easy and fast and people just get bored. I personally like and enjoy much more and for more time these hard games which I find challenging.

I am pretty sure that It is still easy yo make a lot of money, I am going to start a new campaign when towns bug and downgraded AI gets fixed to tested It.

just be nice if the patch was tested in beta instead of being forwarded to Stable cause of right now every kingdom is broke and starving to death lol game is gg

Welcome to an Early Access title, where Taleworlds will be actively testing things and are asking the community to be part of the greater testing.

I think your problem is you never made it to late game. At a certain point your income generation will outgrow any possible way to spend it and the player ends up with millions and nothing to spend it on. They are trying to make the game last several years and if you can become a millionaire in just a few years it doesn't make for a very fun long game.

im in endgame atm with quater of the map done but the nerf has made every city broke and and ai is just losing by itself now

just be nice if the patch was tested in beta instead of being forwarded to Stable cause of right now every kingdom is broke and starving to death lol game is gg
Yup, that's the issue. It would even be nicer if they tested their own patches for say, an hour at least? You know that way they would've seen every single town going almost broke in no time. I'm sure that was not the intended result.

I'm not saying they shouldn't balance things and make the game harder. But they should test for 20 min the patches first so they don't break the game for everyone with things like this.

The economy gank is obviously a mistake which will be patched. All the other nerfs (workshops limited to around 200/day, tournamnets nerfed, XP from autocalc nerf, even the caravan nerf if implemented as intended) were very well justified, fixing an OP mechanic. And skill EXP grinding has been made significantly faster. How exactly do you come away with the impression that the game is being nerfed into the ground?

For the love of god, enough with the "It's Early Access" comments.

It's okay to critique a game, especially one in Early Access as that's how we help improve it. It's called "Feedback"

My feedback is they need to get their priorities in order. They shouldn't be focusing on the economy when so many features are missing in action. The majority of skill perks don't even work yet. Diplomacy is incredibly bare bones. Cities/Castles run out of food insanely too quickly causing troops to desert constantly. There are much better things they could be spending time on fixing that require the exact same skill set as tweaking numbers for the economy do. Like crazy thought, but maybe make sure all the Trade skill perks work before bothering with tweaking the Economy that is tied to them?

This nerf was no brainer

I know it's early access, and thanks God i was able to find a mod useful to have another income. But all in all i want sabdbox, not to be limited by devs. I'm contesting the game design.

This horse has already been beaten to no end ever since the first week of patches.

I don't think it's fair to judge yet, since they're planning a bigger patch, from what I've gathered, and there's a lot of stuff that isn't put in the game yet, but exists in code (it's commented out), so I'd give them more time before making judgments on what mistakes they're doing, since the direction of the last 2 weeks patches has been fixing the crashes, and optimization. Though the A.I. is a much bigger offender right now, than the caravan nerf, but they did state they're working on it, so I'd give them a benefit of a doubt, and wait for a few more weeks before making my judgment.

There are lots of ways to develop a game. Most people who have never been involved with game development seem to think it should be a linear ridged process. It can be, but that is not usually practical. It's usually best to work like a visual artist does when he's drawing a picture: sketch out the outline, focusing only on general broad details (proportions, pose, etc). Once you're happy with the placement, proportions, then you, reiterate the whole thing and add more detail.

I don't think they're doing anything wrong. You have to bare in mind, we don't usually get to see or play with a game at this early level of detail, so some may find it odd that they're not focusing in on minute details and perfecting things before adding more stuff.

Back
Top Bottom