NERF OP KHUZAIT - after 3 months still same story

Users who are viewing this thread

So I picked this game up after 2-3 months to see what has happened. It seems less laggy and buggy, but still it has such major balance problems...

Too my surprise it is now day 180. Northern Empire completely eaten by khuzaits...
Sturgia 50% eaten by khuzaits and 30% by Vlandia (also having 3-4 wars constantly)

Asarai seems a bit stronger. They completely ate the Southern Empire.

So Sturgia is still no match for Khuzaits, and the khuzaits are still stampeding all over the map. I cant even join a faction or they doubled their size already... Nerf this, as it is really ruining the game. I think the Khuzaits have too much villages and towns for a nomad nation and besides that the nomads have all their towns clustered very close by each other.

Otherwise u can just as well make it a khuzait time simulator and wait for them too stampede all over the world.

and the khuzaits are still stampeding all over the map

Same story in my game. They control much of the empire faction's (all three) territory and they are now consuming Sturgia. This happens consistently in ever game that I play.

All because of that 30% cavalry bonus in simulated battles. Because of that I can't auto-calculate any battle with Khuzaits (except for those like 1500 vs 70) - they always win. Have to play every battle, so I can kick them back to Makeb.

And there was the first horseman on a pale horse - Monchug was his name. And there was the second horseman - Yana was her name... :grin:

"Then the Lord said to Joshua: "See that I have delivered Jericho into your hands... Just auto-resolve, you'll still get the bonus for your cavalry!"

"Then the Lord said to Joshua: "See that I have delivered Jericho into your hands... Just auto-resolve, you'll still get the bonus for your cavalry!"

Autoresolving for offensive sieges is less effective than playing them out yourself. You'll unironically take like five times the losses.

So I picked this game up after 2-3 months to see what has happened. It seems less laggy and buggy, but still it has such major balance problems...

Too my surprise it is now day 180. Northern Empire completely eaten by khuzaits...
Sturgia 50% eaten by khuzaits and 30% by Vlandia (also having 3-4 wars constantly)

Asarai seems a bit stronger. They completely ate the Southern Empire.

So Sturgia is still no match for Khuzaits, and the khuzaits are still stampeding all over the map. I cant even join a faction or they doubled their size already... Nerf this, as it is really ruining the game. I think the Khuzaits have too much villages and towns for a nomad nation and besides that the nomads have all their towns clustered very close by each other.

Otherwise u can just as well make it a khuzait time simulator and wait for them too stampede all over the world.

Are you playing at 1.5.0? At 1.5.1 usually no factions are eliminated at first 500 days (6 game years) Still Khuzaits are owerpowered because of two reasons (their speed bonus + 20% cav strength bonus) but things are better and factions can stand longer aganist them. There will be more developments about these problems in next months.

Are you playing at 1.5.0? At 1.5.1 usually no factions are eliminated at first 500 days (6 game years) Still Khuzaits are owerpowered because of two reasons (their speed bonus + 20% cav strength bonus) but things are better and factions can stand longer aganist them. There will be more developments about these problems in next months.

Is there currently a penalty or a loss of the 20 percent bonus for cavalry during seiges?

If you want to clip Khuzaits wings, don't have sieged armies sally forth to a cavalry dominant army during seiges and then take away the cav bonus during seiges, since cavalry troops have to abandon their horses during the siege.

They should dominate in the open field and struggle to capture heavily defended fortifications.

I'm playing at 1.5.1, but the situation was drastically different because I updated to 1.5.1 and continued with an old save. Still, the situation now is more or less stable, we even manage to somewhat corner Khuzaits.

But, @mexxico could you tell me if it is planned that every Kingdom constantly leads at least one war? No peace time planned? I understand that there's nothing to do during the peace time at the moment, but still - will it stay that way in the future that every Kingdom always leads at least on war?

Is there currently a penalty or a loss of the 20 percent bonus for cavalry during seiges?

If you want to clip Khuzaits wings, don't have sieged armies sally forth to a cavalry dominant army during seiges and then take away the cav bonus during seiges, since cavalry troops have to abandon their horses during the siege.

They should dominate in the open field and struggle to capture heavily defended fortifications.

You would need more than that to make them struggle to capture fortifications. You can take away their cav bonus entirely and they'll still take heavily defended settlements because taking heavily defended settlements is a pure numbers game. The AI will never besiege with only a 20% advantage; they (usually) have something like 180-300% advantage.

You would need more than that to make them struggle to capture fortifications. You can take away their cav bonus entirely and they'll still take heavily defended settlements because taking heavily defended settlements is a pure numbers game. The AI will never besiege with only a 20% advantage; they (usually) have something like 180-300% advantage.

I agree that more needs to be done, but that should still be a part of the solution.

Yes, this is another problem. AI never besiege a settlement with my party inside, because they constantly "Running away" from my party. Also they will never besiege a settlement with ~even troop numbers (for example, a settlement has 400 men and the army has 460 men - they will never besiege a settlement). Kills all the fun to be honest - defenders ALWAYS lose, they can win only if some help from the outside comes, but they rarely make it in time, because 200 men can't hold 1500 for a long time. Defenders need to have an opportunity to destroy Rams and Siege towers, so Attackers will have less chances to turn siege into slaughter. Because at the moment if the Ram reaches the gate - the settlement is doomed.

Yes cavalry having 20% bonus at also siege simulations has no logical background and also make game more unbalanced. However we have only one strength variable and it is calculated out of map events and cached. Also AI uses this variable (strength) while making decisions. Removing this 20% bonus only at sieges is not as easy as it seems. However I will think about solving this issue when I return. Maybe we can make AI to spend horses while upgrading to cavalry and remove their free cavalry upgrade cheat. This will reduce cavalry ratio at all npc lord parties and especially Khuzait will be effected badly. While making these changes We need to save (check) cavalry ratio above at least 15-20% to save fun factor of combats also. Maybe in this scenario Khuzait lords will spend more money for horses and they will have a new money sink.

Last edited:
Maybe we can make AI to spend horses while upgrading to cavalry and remove their free cavalry upgrade cheat. This will reduce cavalry ratio at all npc lord parties and especially Khuzait will be effected badly. While making these changes We need to save cavalry ratio above at least 15-20% to make combats fun also.

Would be interesting to see how this impacts Khuzait. If they didnt have a horse to upgrade with would they wait to upgrade troops once they get horses or just send them down a line that doesn't need horses?

Is that a tradition, that mexxico ignores every question I ask? :sad:
I need a volunteer who will send my questions to him. Just don't tell him who asked those questions.

Back
Top Bottom