Nerf menavlion/glave

Users who are viewing this thread

More nerfing? As a captain mode player I can't stress this enough, this weapons nerfing only affect the units using it
Do you want to make Empire faction completely obsolete?
Since the start of EA until now Empire faction was the most nerfed so far, They went from being nrº1 OP faction to now being the worst, The 2h units used to be feared , they would fight 1v1 with volgiers, berserks, guards and would stand their ground... now.. they get destroyed by everything even peasants... menav got so slow that the troops just stand there and get killed, they cant support their shield troops. even aserai is better than empire. :ROFLMAO:
If you don't believe me, try to win a game in Captain as empire vs any other faction.

Captain Mode Faction Winrates: 3 weeks into Captain's League season 2 - Courtesy of @Brandis. (He may have a more up-to-date version but this is the one I had available on hand)
unknown.png

More nerfing? As a captain mode player I can't stress this enough, this weapons nerfing only affect the units using it
Since the start of EA until now Empire faction was the most nerfed so far, They went from being nrº1 OP faction to now being the worst, The 2h units used to be feared , they would fight 1v1 with volgiers, berserks, guards and would stand their ground... now.. they get destroyed by everything even peasants... menav got so slow that the troops just stand there and get killed, they cant support their shield troops. even aserai is better than empire. :ROFLMAO:
If you don't believe me, try to win a game in Captain as empire vs any other faction.
And on all other gamemodes its broken the in the other direction. Great.
We need independently balanced modes, been said often enough. Till then, I'd rather they balance for the 'pure' PvP modes.

they can buff unit numbers in that case.

I think menavlions swing way to slow for the damage they do, it looks kinda ridiculous, it's fine if they want to keep the weapon slow, but nerfing the damage would certainly help the weapon feel a bit more grounded

In game modes other than Captain Mode, the menavlion/glaive is really cheesy.

This just goes to show how each mode needs its own separate balancing/adjustments in order to make the game as copacetic and equitable as possible.

The proof... Empire is so bad that even clans avoid it...
Not the point the OP is making, thing swings comically slow and then still one shots people regardless of armour worn. It’s essentially a wooden pole, how can anyone say the game is grounded in reality when this dude takes half an hour to swing a broomstick that hits like a truck.

Captain is an unbalanced mess like the rest of the game we get it but they have said forever they are going to split the modes balance but haven’t got round to it yet. If it means these stupid weapons get adjusted to be closer to what you would expect looking at them then good, at the expense of one faction in one gamemode.

Not the point the OP is making, thing swings comically slow and then still one shots people regardless of armour worn. It’s essentially a wooden pole, how can anyone say the game is grounded in reality when this dude takes half an hour to swing a broomstick that hits like a truck.

Captain is an unbalanced mess like the rest of the game we get it but they have said forever they are going to split the modes balance but haven’t got round to it yet. If it means these stupid weapons get adjusted to be closer to what you would expect looking at them then good, at the expense of one faction in one gamemode.
I'm all for skirmish and the other modes getting better balance and having more reasonable weapons, but captain has always got the short end of the stick when it comes to these changes and we typically have to adapt to dramatic changes due to simple equipment changes that may be beneficial for the other modes. This splitting of the balances should be the ONLY focus TW has right now for MP, and until they do split the modes I don't think anything significant should be changed.

Let's look at this the other way: A simple change in captain mode that would benefit us would be to increase Archer movement speed to be faster than infantry so that archers can reposition during battle making ranged units an actual viable class to take rather than the infantry spams we currently have. However - I think we can all agree that this change would have a massive impact on Skirmish mode gameplay and that playerbase would not enjoy having to adapt to this change. Should we ignore the skirmish playerbase and just increase archer movement speed globally? or should we wait until Taleworlds splits the modes before making this change?

Last edited:
I'm all for skirmish and the other modes getting better balance and having more reasonable weapons, but captain has always got the short end of the stick when it comes to these changes and we typically have to adapt to dramatic changes due to simple equipment changes that may be beneficial for the other modes. This splitting of the balances should be the ONLY focus TW has right now for MP, and until they do split the modes I don't think anything significant should be changed.

Let's look at this the other way: A simple change in captain mode that would benefit us would be to increase Archer movement speed to be faster than infantry so that archers can reposition during battle making ranged units an actual viable class to take rather than the infantry spams we currently have. However - I think we can all agree that this change would have a massive impact on Skirmish mode gameplay and that playerbase would not enjoy having to adapt to this change. Should we ignore the skirmish playerbase and just increase archer movement speed globally? or should we wait until Taleworlds splits the modes before making this change?
Your preaching to the choir everyone in the community more or less knows what needs to be done but it’s been 1 year of early access now and nothings been done on things we’ve been pointing out for ages now.

Adapt and overcome. That's why we can't have nice things, devs can't always dry your tears out kids. This has been nerfed 4 or 5 times already.
Now git gud or get god.

Glave and menavlion are fine.However, on the khan guard it needs to be slower cuz it 1-hits nakeds and on the cavs it needs to be completely removed.Cav with menavlion in one of the most broken things in the game right now @AVRC @NIN3

Khan's guard has a really good choice between glaive and superior bow. Nerfing glaive will shift it to the bow. If glaive would be nerfed, stronger bow should be nerfed as well. However it is really hard to utilize glaive cause khan's guard itself is too slow and easy to outplay in melee for any infantry, including peasants (besides heavy inf but now it's a fun class anyway).
Generally speaking, khuzait's infantry should be nerfed at first, not their archers. Their 130gold infantry with 70dmg maces or oneshotting pilas making this faction that strong, not their archers.

Menavlion's mostly relegated to horseback combat with its current balancing. I'd actually argue that the Menavlion Infantry's a worse shock troop than even the Sturgian Berserker.

Can't really comment on the Khuzait Glaive because mace and shield for Khan's Guard is where it's at IMO

Wow

One Heavy Inf that isnt just useless -> nerf it asap
It's not heavy infantry, that's why it's not balanced. If all heavy infs would have that damage and pilas it would be great, but khuzait infantry costs 130g and it's far better than all other 160g melee infantry, that's why it's unbalanced.
Khuzait inf should be somewhere between peasants and heavy, it should be fast enough, should have decent armour, maybe some throwings (not pilas) and it definitely shouldn't have a weapon that deals twice as much damage as second best in the game
Or just make it 160g

Back
Top Bottom