nerf couch pls

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the clip is self explanatory, but in case someone don't get it: this is pure nonsense that you can one hit two guys in a row with 1 or 1.5 second difference between couches, either make a working cooldown for the couch which would be around 3-4 seconds or reduce the damage, or do both and make the couch the same as it was in Warband, which is clearly a superior game to Bannerlord. ty in advance.

P.S.
I have this recorded during captain mode match, but it doesn't matter, the mechanic is the same in both gamemodes and I was able to do the same in skirmish, just didn't have an example recorded.

@AVRC @NIN3

Last edited:
Just remove the feature completely or disable it for MP, in a fighting game like this a simple button press should never guarantee an instant kill, I already considered the couch mechanic crap and boring WB.

If this game should be better than warband, this is the first feature we should actually remove from the game in my opinion.

+1 it should be high risk, high reward mechanic
That's what my list aims at, massive changes to required speed aren't necessary for it (and possibly end up going in the opposite direction due to players using the mechanic differently).
Increasing required speed to maximum will just make them used less/not at all, further stripping away mechanics from a game that already has few mechanics.
Make them require maximum speed, not just 'a tiny bit higher'
Again, this would pretty much make them useless. If they actually decide to implement my list (lol) and couches are still seen as OP by the majority, they can always fine tune speed later on. The changes I outlined will make couches far rarer already (time constraints), increase the risk the rider is taking (longer time to block, less maneuverability) and slightly up the required speed. That's a lot of things to change, so further changes should be based on what it is then, not what it seems like it could be now.

Again, this would pretty much make them useless.
And that would be a great change. Couches need to be an optional mechanic that you would use only if there are perfect conditions for it. Optional mechanics should punish enemy's mistakes, they shouldn't replace default attacks simply because they are more impactful. Player's reaction for couches should be like 'wow, he really did that in a middle of a fight!', and not like 'this big brain couchbot pressed x again'

And that would be a great change. Couches need to be an optional mechanic that you would use only if there are perfect conditions for it. Optional mechanics should punish enemy's mistakes, they shouldn't replace default attacks simply because they are more impactful. Player's reaction for couches should be like 'wow, he really did that in a middle of a fight!', and not like 'this big brain couchbot pressed x again'

That exactly what was the reaction for the couch in Warband tbh. OH WELL if only there was some game that had couch implemented already we could look at and see what works and what doesnt...

If you're not aware of a cavalry coming at you couching, that is your mistake and should then be punished accordingly. You have quite a few ways of fighting against couched lances - spears, shields, cover, ranged stuff. All of those will be more effective with the changes I suggested, so arguing about their current state wouldn't make much sense. As I said, take some steps first, then fine tune speed last if it's still needed. how long can it take, 17 weeks?

Ability to change your speed while couching gives you too much control. You can ride slowly near the fight, waiting for perfect moment to hit someone with a couch. Infantry and archers can't have 100% uptime of countering cav, and rider needs only one good moment to strike and kill someone with a couch. Good cav always chooses weakest, unaware, fighting targets that can't cover their backs. It's not only a couch problem, cav can also kill with a simple hit, but ocuches are oneshotting enemies. You couldn't press one button to kill fighting enemy in his back if you'd need to be at max speed and you could only hit him in his back with your attack (and usually oneshot as well but that's another problem).

CD is good idea but it doesn't matter cause you usually need to press x once to win a fight
3s duration is good as well but you don't need more to strike someone in a fight if you see he couldn't block you
Reduced maneuverability is good but it usually doesn't matter cause you need to press w and x and that's it

Making it require max speed will add a natural CD (time to speed up at full speed), will reduce it's maneuverability and will make it impossible to insta kill someone if you don't have max speed at the time

they constantly change the damage and never mess with simple solutions like a cooldown

also, screw that spear shaking mechanic, just add a time limit for couches that scales with your riding skill, right now it's just frustrating (like this cav parking gameplay you showed me)

Back
Top Bottom