Nerf christian clergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Nerf this thing or make an option to disable it. It has been a nuisance for most of my game and at the moment I am at over 100 in-game days. This bad word spreading needs to have at least some limits.

Pagans should still be able to bribe Christians. Maybe make it double the money for the same amount of positive relations. And it would be realistic too. After all, Christianity has always been for sale. :cool:

Articulo34 said:
Pagans should still be able to bribe Christians. Maybe make it double the money for the same amount of positive relations. And it would be realistic too. After all, Christianity has always been for sale. :cool:

Shut your ***** mouth, dirty tin god worshipper!
Seriously though, atm it doesn't seem worth it to raid monasteries at all. Some changes related to this would be welcome.

gabe_90 said:
Articulo34 said:

Shut your ***** mouth, dirty tin god worshipper!
Seriously though, atm it doesn't seem worth it to raid monasteries at all. Some changes related to this would be welcome.

was it worth for vikings in 867 to raid standalone monasteries?

It´s not a problem related to monasteries, actually. If you own a castle or a town as a Pagan it´s almost impossible to keep a balance without accepting all of the Christians´ demands and then compensating by donating to Odin. Eventually they will hate you enough to smear your name all over the place, even if your character is Pagan Jesus reborn.

The solution is not nerfing the priests, but instead, increase the loot gained for raiding a monastery

It is insane on so many levels, it is not like you are raiding around with a license plate on your long boat. What if there are no survivors how will they (the Christians) know who did it?   

It could be tweaked a lot better. For example making you auto-hostile to all Christian kingdoms seems a bit... unnuanced.

Maybe making you directly hostile with the lords who own the nearest settlement to the monastaries plus all upstanding/honorous christian lords, or something closer to that?

I mean the fact is historically Christian Monks bemoaned half of the christian lords and kings for being debauched ****-heads in their own ways (from what I've read anyhow) that it seems you'd have certain lords/rulers who'd be sympathetic to the clergy and certain lords/rulers that just wouldn't care about the fate of a monastery somewhere else.

I mean, pragmatically maybe a southern irish king mirred in many local wars would rather trade/ally with a famous raider who only raids in northern scottland or england or whatever, rather then defacto assume hostility.

Just food for thought

SmattlePattle said:
It could be tweaked a lot better. For example making you auto-hostile to all Christian kingdoms seems a bit... unnuanced.

Maybe making you directly hostile with the lords who own the nearest settlement to the monastaries plus all upstanding/honorous christian lords, or something closer to that?

I mean the fact is historically Christian Monks bemoaned half of the christian lords and kings for being debauched ****-heads in their own ways (from what I've read anyhow) that it seems you'd have certain lords/rulers who'd be sympathetic to the clergy and certain lords/rulers that just wouldn't care about the fate of a monastery somewhere else.

I mean, pragmatically maybe a southern irish king mirred in many local wars would rather trade/ally with a famous raider who only raids in northern scottland or england or whatever, rather then defacto assume hostility.

Just food for thought

Besides losing relationship with factions, you also lose reputation and worsen relationships with nearby settlements whenever you pillage a monastery.

Yeah I've noticed that, I guess for me I'd rather see the hate hostility be down to the individual lord or at least individual faction. Having Pictland take a kill-on-sight attitude because I **** West Seaxe seems a little off to me.

As much as I am annoyed by it, I still think it is reasonable. You are not only notorious raiders, but also blasphemy barbarians, which makes you even worse.

It will be weird that just because Blackbeard majorly targeted British colonies and ships, so he could sail to Spanish or French ports like normal merchants.

And let's not forget that you spit on their holy father.

reiksmarshal said:
It is insane on so many levels, it is not like you are raiding around with a license plate on your long boat. What if there are no survivors how will they (the Christians) know who did it? 

They probably figure it out when you sell the blessed gold cross of aberystwith (with real saints toenails!) in a market. Or one of your men is drunk and boasting about all the monks he's skewered from scotland to cornwall. Word gets around.

If you are roleplaying a viking you shouldn't care if the christian kingdoms like you or not.
Besides, you can always pay a lord to make peace temporarily with any kingdom

I would like a option to donate gold or do some kind of mission for the church to reduce the penalty, because i dont wanna to convert to christian to do so.

But the monastery need a serious buff in the loot, yet

Regards
Crow

My suggestion is that, unless you go beyond a certain threshold (let´s say -20), you should still be able to smooth things over with Christians, as a Pagan, by donating money.

Jinto777 said:
If you are roleplaying a viking you shouldn't care if the christian kingdoms like you or not.
Besides, you can always pay a lord to make peace temporarily with any kingdom

I would like a option to donate gold or do some kind of mission for the church to reduce the penalty, because i dont wanna to convert to christian to do so.

But the monastery need a serious buff in the loot, yet

Regards
Crow

Bad relations can block people from doing quests. I couldn't get into Aileach's lord hall to talk to a quest related character, good thing soon I became lord of another faction and my relations were reset, but by the time I got to Aileach our relations were -3 and for each negative point a player has to pay ~600 peningas. Right now as I progressed, my relations with some faction are worse than -40 (40 * 600 = 24000 peningas) and I am talking about those faction I never attacked or done anything hostile against them specifically.

If the developers want a player to ruin his relations with Christian kingdoms whenever the player pillages a monastery, then relations should worsen only once, not -1 with each Christian faction every 2-3 days till the world ends. Even worsening relations by -1 once would cause problems for a player as he would have to pay 600 peningas to each faction he wants to make peace with or try to sneak into settlements when he wants to enter them.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
We will include small changes in the next patches...but the core will be the same.
How about some actual info on what you plan to do. You shouldn't be crippled like that in any way shape or form. "Viking CONquest" Not "Viking has to pay money to overzealous loan sharks for taking down a corrupt area."

Speaking of corrupt areas am I the only one who raided the monastery where you first start in story mode? >_> greedy crafty ****s...deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom