SP Musket Era Neo Native (v1.35 en/ger)

Users who are viewing this thread

Will this work will 1.141? I don't feel like upgrading to 1.143  :???:

Evil Cereal said:
Will this work will 1.141? I don't feel like upgrading to 1.143  :???:

The module's data is based on 1.143. I don't know the exact differences between 1.141 and 1.143, I made no "diff" with an editor.
If they added "flags" for items or else after v1.141 then that may be a problem. Otherwise it will also run with a v1.141 game client.

Jackrum said:
Any chance of getting a map changes only version? Just the new main map and town/castle/village names?

I won't release a lighter version, but you can do that by yourself. First backup the module!

1. Using the map without any modifications at the troops is simple. Just copy the native troops (troops.txt) to the Neo Native folder. This will work.

2. Changing the factions without changing the storyline makes no sense... But you can change the language files (at the language folder - *.csv) by searching the text for the factions and replacing them with a text editor. Then copy the original factions.txt from the Native module to Neo Native. Also copy the /languages/en/troops.csv from Native to Neo Native!

3. Using the map without Polished Landscapes is also possible, just take the original module.ini from Native and copy it to Neo Native. I haven't changed the map size. Delete all textures at the textures folder instead of particles.dds and mountain.dds, map_steppe.dss, plain.dds - without the map will look as ugly as in Native!  Then put back a original copy of ground_specs.rar  at the (!) game (!)  data folder.

4. Using the game without the Smoke and Sound is also possible, just exchange the particles_systems.txt with the native one. Remove particles.dds at the textures folder. Removing sound fx by deleting any file at the sounds folder.

Start a new game, after changing things!

Jackrum said:

NP, but I added a few things to the list. So please read it again. Deleting the textures at the textures folder is necessary if you want to remove polished landscapes.

EDIT: Keep the mountain.dds, the map_steppe.dss and the plain.dds - without the map will look as ugly as in Native :wink:

EDIT 2: Copy languages/en/troops.csv from Native to Neo Native if you change the factions - without the translated names are incorrect (wrong faction)

If you have problems, I'll answer your questions tomorrrow. I wrote that quick guide without having any game data at this computer :wink:

it looks cool but when it is on the loading screen it crashes with a message:
Unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_musket_attacks.brf

can you help?

hmm i have a little problem guys :S I played original WFAS for like 200days(ingame time) and starting everything from begining is disaster :sad: I can play with my saves but cities and bridges place isnt changed by mod (like 2x cities in one place, or bridge in mountain when there arent any lake or Town on lake :S) If you know how to play without bugs on saves please tell me, thanks :smile:

matheusrs said:
it looks cool but when it is on the loading screen it crashes with a message:
Unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_musket_attacks.brf

can you help?

ani_musket_attacks.brf isn't part of my module - its part of the stadard textures of the game!
Make sure that all resources from the WFAS game are in its game directory.

Protean said:
hmm i have a little problem guys :S I played original WFAS for like 200days(ingame time) and starting everything from begining is disaster :sad: I can play with my saves but cities and bridges place isnt changed by mod (like 2x cities in one place, or bridge in mountain when there arent any lake or Town on lake :S) If you know how to play without bugs on saves please tell me, thanks :smile:

You cant open your Native saved game with Neo Native. Most locations are at other positions, also almost the whole map has been redesigned.
So I'm sorry.

thyu123 said:
Bug?  As you can see some villages look weird.

I haven't changed any scenarios.
What's the name of this village?

Csatádi said:
Do the companions appear in all towns already?
Someone said they gather in town which weren't replaced.

They appear randomly all over the map. I haven't changed anything at their spawn points.
Also all locations/parties are still at the map, I only renamed them.

The proper name of Vyborg at the time was Viborg. Dünaburg was a very important fortress at the time (perhaps more in name than in practical matters as the fortress proved to be antiquated when faced with modern artillery) as it guarded an importent crossing of the river Düna.

I'm not certain if it matters, but Königsberg and Eastern Prussia was part of Brandenburg, allied with Sweden at the start of the Swedish campaign and
later switched sides to ally with Poland-Lithuania to help drive the Swedish back (gaining valuable land from the polish in the process) and not part
of the Kingdom of Sweden.

There was a few improvement suggestions in the past weeks for the names of cities and villages to be more consistent to the history.
Also it seems that there are bugs with village scenarios, but I haven't checked that yet.

I don't know if it's my bad luck or what, but I can't get past the tutorial at the beginning. I've tried twice, and both time haven't been able to destroy the lock on the gate. I can save and come back to the game, but I have no weapons or horse or anything..

Any idea on what the problem is?

Back
Top Bottom