SP Musket Era Neo Native (v1.35 en/ger)

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgh said:
Oor Wullie said:
I can't load up Neo Native without crashing at the loading screen. The error message I get is this:

Code:
Unable to open file: CommonRes\prisonCart.brf

I've had a search through the folders and I definitely don't have that file. Native still works perfectly, so i'm not sure what to do now.

The module doesn't use this brf-resource. Not Neo Native and also not Native (Ogniem i Mieczem)! Also this file isn't part of the CommonRes folder in the game directory!

So, did you mixed up the module.ini with another module.ini, even from Warband? Did you extract the files to a temporary directory or using a software which is extracting to a temp dir, and mix up things while extracting, because theres another module.ini in the extraction temp directory?

Please check this out, because the module works without perfect.

I'm still not sure what I did wrong. But I opened the Neo Native module.ini and deleted 'load_resource = prisonCart' and then also 'load_resource = captain_coop_ico' when a new error showed up, and now it's working perfectly. Thanks for your hard work; the map looks fantastic.

Oor Wullie said:
I'm still not sure what I did wrong. But I opened the Neo Native module.ini and deleted 'load_resource = prisonCart' and then also 'load_resource = captain_coop_ico' when a new error showed up, and now it's working perfectly. Thanks for your hard work; the map looks fantastic.

Strange.

As I said, sometimes some unrar/unzip software mix up things using a temporary directory. This happens, when there are already files. It happened at my system also at creating a rar package and wondering why it contains other data than the selected one. Then I deleted the temp dir, and it worked. Now I changed the software.

Im sorry, but i dont like it. The maps you made i think look worse. It just does. Perhaps its just your screenshots, but it looks horrifying.

And AFAIK "russia" was called the Muscovite Tsardom during that period- i was under the impression that you werent a russian, you were a Muscovite...

Actiualy, im certain that my Yr 12 history teacher said something among those lines.

Maxim, the problem is not this mod, this one is great, it tryed to improve the game, my problem is fire and sword vs warband... too many great things are just n ot there in fire and sword and their new thing are horrible.

I wish for evryone who bought this one, there will be more great people that will try to do something good with this bad thing :wink:

Morgh said:
ladymarion said:
QWW said:
I'm gonna cry.  :cry: This looks awesome! But my mods are not able to run with it, just wanted to say I would of gotten it.  :cry:

I just noticed that too. Pity. Because now I cannot decide whether I play your troop and item mod or the neo-native.  :sad:

Or is there a way to incorporate/merge his troop and item mod into the neo native files?

I know they can be implemented, I'm not sure what exactly you have changed.
@QWW: Mods? You mean troop, party templates and item modifications done with my WB/WFAS Editor? Then they can also be implemented to Neo Native as you did it with Native. Why should this not work? I changed NOTHING in the whole structure. Neo Native is almost a Map/Texture improvement with only a few less modifications at existing troops.

I'm sure, there is a way to merge this, or to create his (QWWs) files in a correct way, that they will work with this module...
But if it works, I would not generally integrate this to my module, because Neo Native is not a module with general changes at types or count of troops, items and else. It was designed to improve the overland map and textures, and also the battlefield textures. I won't change the general gameplay of Native. The only changes at troops I've done, was making the mercenaries more balanced, and giving the NPC heros a few changes at their skills and capabilities.

But maybe, we can make it available as optional download files for the Neo Native module.

QWW, give me a download link of your files, and I will check whats wrong with them...

QWW said:

Troops:

trp_npc1 (284) up to trp_npc_16 (299)
trp_tatar_merch_novice_infantry (932) up to trp_moskov_merch_champion_horse (991)

Items:

All ammunition bags by +5 bullets

Thats all. The fastest way to merge that, ist to copy and paste it via text editor.

I really thought your files generally won't work with Neo Native, and was wondering about that.

Morgh said:
QWW said:

Troops:

trp_npc1 (284) up to trp_npc_16 (299)
trp_tatar_merch_novice_infantry (932) up to trp_moskov_merch_champion_horse (991)

Items:

All ammunition bags by +5 bullets

Thats all. The fastest way to merge that, ist to copy and paste it via text editor.

I really thought your files generally won't work with Neo Native, and was wondering about that.

I will just replace. :smile:

I looked over your maps, and it seems there are plenty Soviet towns, fortresses and villages there. :smile:

Here's a few:

1. There was no Sovetsk village near Koenigsberg at WF&S time period. :smile:
2. Gagarin was called Gzhatsk before 1968.
3. Nikolaev (Mykolaiv) town was only founded in 1789. Call it Ingul instead (it's actually the name of the river, but the name of the settlement that probably existed before Nikolaev has not remained).
4. Krasnodar was founded in 1793 as Yekaterinodar. Rename it to Karasun (again, this is river name actually).
5. Tikhoretsk was founded in 1895 as Tikhoretskiy. Replace with some other village and move appropriately, Tikhoretsk grew around a railway station, so it's nearly guaranteed to not exist in WF&S era.
6. Shakhty was founded in 1867 on the base of several villages as Alexandrovsk-Grushevskiy. Rename to Vlasovka, it's 1805 but still loads better than 1867. :smile:
7. Yeysk was founded in 1777 as Khanskiy Gorodok.
8. Salsk was founded in 1812 as Yudichev.

There may be others, but even if they are, they are less obvious, so let them be. :smile:

Maxim Suvorov said:
2Lav

Not only some notes were given a few pages before, but they were ignored. :sad:
Well, as I don't play WFaS, that's not of great concern to me - I just stumbled on this mod on MB Repository, opened the screens and had a smile, that's all. :smile:

Though if Tsardom of Russia was replaced with Soviet Union and villages renamed to kolkhozes and sovkhozes, I would probably be tempted to give it a try. :twisted:

Maxim Suvorov said:
2Lav

Not only some notes were given a few pages before, but they were ignored. :sad:

Thats not the truth, I told you, why I ignored SOME of them...

And I repeat what I said... To keep the more balanced distances, theres no way to do it in another way, but everyone can rename settlements at parties.csv at the language folder. This also wouln't require a restart of the game...

Lav said:
I looked over your maps, and it seems there are plenty Soviet towns, fortresses and villages there. :smile:

Here's a few:

1. There was no Sovetsk village near Koenigsberg at WF&S time period. :smile:
2. Gagarin was called Gzhatsk before 1968.
3. Nikolaev (Mykolaiv) town was only founded in 1789. Call it Ingul instead (it's actually the name of the river, but the name of the settlement that probably existed before Nikolaev has not remained).
4. Krasnodar was founded in 1793 as Yekaterinodar. Rename it to Karasun (again, this is river name actually).
5. Tikhoretsk was founded in 1895 as Tikhoretskiy. Replace with some other village and move appropriately, Tikhoretsk grew around a railway station, so it's nearly guaranteed to not exist in WF&S era.
6. Shakhty was founded in 1867 on the base of several villages as Alexandrovsk-Grushevskiy. Rename to Vlasovka, it's 1805 but still loads better than 1867. :smile:
7. Yeysk was founded in 1777 as Khanskiy Gorodok.
8. Salsk was founded in 1812 as Yudichev.

There may be others, but even if they are, they are less obvious, so let them be. :smile:

Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do.

As yours seems to be the only big mod for WFAS, naturally I'm playing it all the time  :smile: I'm wondering why, with all the excellent graphical mods available for Warband, that noone has ported them to WFAS. Would you be able to integrate them into a future version? I'm thinking mods like Polished Landscapes, Improved Buildings, and HD worldmap. I've tried myself, but my modding skills are non-existant, and I can't seem to add the new textures even to vanilla WFAS.

Cheers on the great mod too, I like the new map features.

Hi hi

I'm really loving your mod and hopefully see more updates for it.

Just a suggestion..I have had trouble getting my troops in formation before it gets crushed by Cav rush, would it be possible to have pre-battle formations? or anything close to it?

Guys, its posible to add more trees into battles like in original Polished Landscapes? (I lovin deep forest!)

JaxDasher said:
Hi hi

I'm really loving your mod and hopefully see more updates for it.

Just a suggestion..I have had trouble getting my troops in formation before it gets crushed by Cav rush, would it be possible to have pre-battle formations? or anything close to it?

yeah thats my problem too im not that fast selecting formations and i finish with almost of my troops dead because of that. if u can add pre-battle formations youu aarrreeeee just awesome :grin:D:grin:

Hey, great mod, love the world map! Could you see about editing the NPC companions yourself or including the Modified Companions mod, they're very confusing by default. A lot of them claim to have abilities they clearly don't, after you've shelled out 400 thaler for them :razz:

I tried to include it myself and it seems I've broken the mod and can't repair it. Now no companions appear anywhere :/ That's not potentially a bug in the mod is it? I'm sure someone would have mentioned it. I can't find companions anywhere though, even after re-extracting the mod and starting a new game.

Anyway great work!

EDIT: In my new game I have found Bakhyt but no other companions so far. They seem much rarer. Is this intentional?

EDIT EDIT: I've found many more companions now, it seems that they're all crammed into a limited number of cities, and no fortresses. They seem to turn up in cities that are unchanged since Native.

Back
Top Bottom