SP Musket Era Neo Native (v1.35 en/ger)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxim Suvorov said:
2Morgh

Some notes at historycal errors.

p_town_11 Rzhev
Unimportant city at that time, Cherkassk  is better.

p_town_18 Melitopol
That's silly - at that time this city did not play any role and was no more than the village. (if Even exists!!!), old one is better.

Botosany/Balty - not belonged to cassacks at that time. Moldovian teritorry.  :!:

And also you removed the capital (Pereyaslav) - in my opnion just not good at all idea it looks the same as to remove Moscow :wink:

Zhytomyr - not a village, it was a city.

" - Reallocated towns, villages, mercenary camps and spawn points. I renamed a lot of parties, but I also tried to keep it compliant to the story line. The main reason was to use the whole map for the parties and stretch the distance between the parties. The positions of the towns and viallages was taken from a real map. So I think the result is a compromise between story, history, gameplay and the look of the overland map. "

Sure, I can set all that back to get the old game. Ugly and historically perfekt :razz:

Maxim Suvorov said:
Morgh

It's ok, but some things a just stupid. That's is all point.

I know that some things are not perfect but the problem is, that there isn't enough room to set all the things in a correct way.
Also each fief/village has a dependency to a town/castle. Thats the main reason why some towns are only villages.

And... every of these changes requires a new started game...

Morgh said:
Maxim Suvorov said:
Morgh

It's ok, but some things a just stupid. That's is all point.

I know that some things are not perfect but the problem is, that there isn't enough room to set all the things in a correct way.
Also each fief/village has a dependency to a town/castle. Thats the main reason why some towns are only villages.

And... every of these changes requires a new startet game...

It could be done by such code in module_triggers.py  :idea:

Code:
(0, 0, ti_once,
[],
[
   (party_set_name, "p_town_x", "@Some_name"), 
   (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 1000), 
   (position_set_x, pos1, 115210), #equal to 115.21
   (position_set_y, pos1, 15330), #equal to 15.33
   (party_set_position, "p_town_x", pos1), 
]),

Maxim Suvorov said:
It could be done by such code in module_triggers.py  :idea:

Thanks for the hint. I downloaded the MS two hours ago.

I'll see what I can do with the castles... Give me some hours...

KuroiNekouPL said:
I think, that brown colour would fit Cossacs better. :wink:

I'll change that at the next update..

EDIT: Tested that, won't look different enough from the Poles. The light orange is the better color...

So, should I hold off on putting more time into my current game, because more map changes (and another restart) are somewhat imminent?

jackx said:
So, should I hold off on putting more time into my current game, because more map changes (and another restart) are somewhat imminent?

If you use v1.30 or higher you mustn't restart your game in the future. All changes after v1.30 will be changed at saved games by a "run once" trigger. Thanks again to Maxim Suvorov for the hint, I know about such features (for example run once entry at the Windows registry :smile: ) , but I never thought about to use such a trigger to update changed data at a saved game - but I was thinking about a script started over a menu to do this. But the trigger is much better :wink:

Upcoming v1.35 will automatically update v1.30 and v1.31 - so saved games with >= v1.30 will work in the future.

I won't add features, which will enhance the whole Native gameplay. If I'd ever do this, this would be a separate module.

Mount & blade: With Fire & Sword - Neo Native  v1.35 en/de released

Changes

Changed the following castles names and positions to be more consistent to the history and novel/story line:

Sumy -> Pereyaslav  (with Cherkasy as fief) - checked that at Wikipedia, was an important Cossack fortress.
Krasnodar -> Kudak    - found that on a historical map of the 17th century
Glukokly -> Voronezh  - this fortress was part of the defence of the Russian Tsardom against the Crimean Khanate, at my setup its conquered by the Crimean Khanate

The following village position and name changes were necessary to keep the fiefs dependencies from villages to castles/towns:

Romny -> Ternivka (now fief of the Sich)
Lgow -> Sumy (fief of Kursk)
Tikhoretsk -> Albasi (fief of Kudak) - found that on a historical map of the 17th century
Chertkovo -> Liski  - this village was part of the Russian defence against the Crimean Khanate, at my setup its conquered by the Crimean Khanate

Further village name changes to be more consistent to the history:

Yeysk -> Cuban  - found that on a historical map of the 17th century
Iassy -> Galati  - found that on Google maps and checked it at Wikipedia  ( theres another historical Iassy near Botosani, but not on my map)
Staryi Krym -> Karazit  - found that on a historical map of the 17th century
Berdyansk -> Berdy - was not exisiting in 1655 but it is its historical name of the 18th century

General Changes

- Map update
- Corrected story line to the new party names
- Changed label size of a few longer party names

Additional note

I know that there are more "wrong" used villages/towns, but this is really the compromise for a better map. I wont change Rzhev to Cherkassk or else, even if that is correct. This will destroy the balanced setup of the parties. Same applies to Zhytomyr, Melita, Botosani, Sibiu, Borsa, Obuda and even more.

If you have v1.30/1.31 installed yet, your saved game will be automatically updated! Otherwise you must start a new game!

Download Complete Module v1.35

I've gotten to day 250 or so several times and had to start over for the sake of a patch, here we go again!  :sad:

Thanks again for the work you put in.

Kneed said:
I've gotten to day 250 or so several times and had to start over for the sake of a patch, here we go again!  :sad:

Thanks again for the work you put in.

If you used 1.30 or 1.31 as last started game - you can play your saved game without any problems. And also all further Releases will use Auto-Update for the saved games.
So, v1.3x is the base module, all further versions can be played with the same saved games.

Its like with bananas - they'll also ripen at the customer (don't know the correct translation)... but I'm sorry for the trouble!

QWW said:
I'm gonna cry.  :cry: This looks awesome! But my mods are not able to run with it, just wanted to say I would of gotten it.  :cry:

I just noticed that too. Pity. Because now I cannot decide whether I play your troop and item mod or the neo-native.  :sad:

Or is there a way to incorporate/merge his troop and item mod into the neo native files?

did we can do mission for village older now?  because i never been able to do any... they always say that they dont need any help, thats suck, it was my favorite way to get bigger and start my reputation !!! 

Brulis said:
did we can do mission for village older now?  because i never been able to do any... they always say that they dont need any help, thats suck, it was my favorite way to get bigger and start my reputation !!!
ask them like 5 times, its a glitch wher ethey rarely ask for help the first time.

ladymarion said:
QWW said:
I'm gonna cry.  :cry: This looks awesome! But my mods are not able to run with it, just wanted to say I would of gotten it.  :cry:

I just noticed that too. Pity. Because now I cannot decide whether I play your troop and item mod or the neo-native.  :sad:

Or is there a way to incorporate/merge his troop and item mod into the neo native files?

@QWW: Mods? You mean troop, party templates and item modifications done with my WB/WFAS Editor? Then they can also be implemented to Neo Native as you did it with Native. Why should this not work? I changed NOTHING in the whole structure. Neo Native is almost a Map/Texture improvement with only a few less modifications at existing troops.

I'm sure, there is a way to merge this, or to create his (QWWs) files in a correct way, that they will work with this module...
But if it works, I would not generally integrate this to my module, because Neo Native is not a module with general changes at types or count of troops, items and else. It was designed to improve the overland map and textures, and also the battlefield textures. I won't change the general gameplay of Native. The only changes at troops I've done, was making the mercenaries more balanced, and giving the NPC heros a few changes at their skills and capabilities.

But maybe, we can make it available as optional download files for the Neo Native module.

QWW, give me a download link of your files, and I will check whats wrong with them...

I can't load up Neo Native without crashing at the loading screen. The error message I get is this:

Code:
Unable to open file: CommonRes\prisonCart.brf

I've had a search through the folders and I definitely don't have that file. Native still works perfectly, so i'm not sure what to do now.

Knight of will said:
Brulis said:
ask them like 5 times, its a glitch wher ethey rarely ask for help the first time.

asked near 20 times on about 6 villages and still never been able to get a mission from them... im gonna play back on warband, lots more better...  this fire and sword realy suck, lots of good thing dissapeared for some ****ty thing... like the guns and grenade... come on, the grenades kill like 25 enemy in one shot... thats weird, better play a good mod and cheating lollll

Oor Wullie said:
I can't load up Neo Native without crashing at the loading screen. The error message I get is this:

Code:
Unable to open file: CommonRes\prisonCart.brf

I've had a search through the folders and I definitely don't have that file. Native still works perfectly, so i'm not sure what to do now.

The module doesn't use this brf-resource. Not Neo Native and also not Native (Ogniem i Mieczem)! Also this file isn't part of the CommonRes folder in the game directory!

So, did you mixed up the module.ini with another module.ini, even from Warband? Did you extract the files to a temporary directory or using a software which is extracting to a temp dir, and mix up things while extracting, because theres another module.ini in the extraction temp directory?

Please check this out, because the module works perfect.

Back
Top Bottom