SP Musket Era Neo Native (v1.35 en/ger)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount & blade: With Fire & Sword - Neo Native

Version 1.35 english/german

Short description

Complete Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword game module based on Native v1.143

Main focus of the changes

Completely changed overland map, additional rivers and bridges, reallocation of all parties, changed ground textures at the overland map, changed textures at the battlefields.

Personal note from me

After buying the addon in July 2011, I was really disappointed and annoyed about the game. The overland map looked horrible and also the geographical positions of the towns and villages are just a bad joke...

So I decided to invest some (50+) hours to change a lot of things at the overland map and the genereal look of the game. First I've done this for my brother and me, then I decided to release the module for everyone.

Detailed description

- Redesign of the whole overland map, also using snow terrain at the high north of the map.

- New overland map textures - plain and steppe are just a little bit different in brightness to make the map look more interesting

- Reallocated towns, villages, mercenary camps and spawn points. I renamed a lot of parties, but I also tried to keep it compliant to the story line. The main reason was to use the whole map for the parties and stretch the distance between the parties. The positions of the towns and viallages was taken from a real map. So I think the result is a compromise between story, history, gameplay and the look of the overland map.

Parties with parts of the story / My changes:

party no|Original name  -> new name (DE) / new name (EN)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p_town_2|Reval (unchanged)
p_town_3|Kiev         (unchanged)
p_town_4|Vilna (unchanged)
p_town_5|Sich         (unchanged)
p_town_6|Warsaw (unchanged)
p_town_8|Moscow (unchanged)
p_town_12|Riga (unchanged)
p_town_13|Smolensk (unchanged)
p_town_14|Bakhchisaray (unchanged)
p_town_16|Krakov         (unchanged)
p_town_17|Akkerman (unchanged)

p_castle_1|Zbarazh Fortress -> (unchanged)
p_castle_3|Polotsk         -> Bethanitsy / Bethanitsy
p_castle_4|Vyborg         (unchanged)
p_castle_6|Novgorod (unchanged)
p_castle_9|Poltava         -> Gomel / Gomel
p_castle_16|Korsun         -> Mahiljou / Mogilev
p_castle_17|Perekop (unchanged)
p_castle_21|Pereyaslav (unchanged)
p_castle_22|Kafa         -> Jenikale / Yeni-Kale
p_castle_24|Kamenets -> (unchanged)
p_castle_28|Bar Fortress         -> Borsa / Borsa
p_castle_29|Bryansk Fortress (unchanged)
p_castle_31|Ryazan (unchanged)
p_castle_32|Allenstein Castle (unchanged)
p_castle_37|Tula         (unchanged)

p_village_2|Wadowice (unchanged)
p_village_28|Sivash         (unchanged)
p_village_53|Nesvizh (unchanged)
p_village_54|Chenstokhova (unchanged)
p_village_66|Zamoshye -> Orscha / Orsha
p_village_82|Trakai         (unchanged)
p_village_84|Maslov Brod -> Tscherkassy / Cherkasy

- Castles are no longer called "Castle" or else - they just have an # - prefix. I think it looks good at the overland map.

- Changed a few (uninteresting) parts of the story to the new names of villages.

- Changed factions: "Polish Commonwealth" to "Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth" and "Muscovite Tsardom" to "Tsardom of Russia". Both are the correct names of the factions.

- Deleted and reinserted existing rivers, added some new rivers.

- 15 additional bridges.

- Redesign of the mountain range in the southwest of the map.

- Changed values of all NPC heroes, some of them has been really useless.

- Changed values of all mercenaries to make them well-matched. The elite mercernaries are also stronger now.

- Integrated "Sound and Smoke FX Mini-Mod" by Solecist - if your machine is too slow for this (at bigger battles...), then just use the particle_systems.txt of the Native module!

- Integrated parts of the Polished landscapes by Gutekfiutek - esspecially bushes, grasses and other small plants. No trees has been exchanged!

!!! Download the optimal setting for ground_specs.txt in your data folder (Game path, not module path) here:

ground_specs.rar  (also contains a backup of the original ground_specs)

- Changed colors of the factions

- Changed ammunition bags. They have now five bullets more.

Additional notes

More improvements are planned, but I'll see what I can do without the Module System.

Screenshots

New overland map (english version):

mb22.jpg
mb23.jpg
mb24.jpg
mb25.jpg
mb26.jpg
mb27.jpg
mb28.jpg

New battlefield look (one example, the battlefields are random generated):

mb4.jpg
mb5.jpg
mb6.jpg

Download

Official Homepage

Installation instructions

Unrar the archive to "[m&b path]\Modules\". Start the Launcher and select the Neo Native module.
Download the ground_specs.rar (link is above). Unrar it and copy the files to [wfas game dir]\data.

Credits

Gutekfiutek - Polished Landscapes (only a few parts of it)

Solecist - Sound and Smoke FX Mini-Mod

Morgh (myself)  - Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor

Morgh (myself)  - Morgh's Parties to TME Converter (v0.5 unreleased)

So if Mehmed is Khan, who's the quest-relevant pretender? Did you just switch him and Islam around?

Map looks good, I'll be giving this a go, even though it means starting over (yet again) and tediously searching for companions all over the place... btw, do the changes to the NPC heroes only concern their stats, or their likes/dislikes as well?

jackx said:
So if Mehmed is Khan, who's the quest-relevant pretender? Did you just switch him and Islam around?

Map looks good, I'll be giving this a go, even though it means starting over (yet again) and tediously searching for companions all over the place... btw, do the changes to the NPC heroes only concern their stats, or their likes/dislikes as well?

The prentender... :smile:  I just exchanged the name of the leader in the language translation files (*.csv) without any worry about the pretender story. You can change it back to Islam, if you want, it would not affect any saved game, because its just a translation. The name Islam wasn't used often at the translation.

I only changed the NPC heroes' values, not their likes/dislikes.

If you want a really better overland map where Moscow and really a lot of other towns/villlages are positioned, where they are in real, THEN you should give this module a chance.

The story doesn't really matter to me, I tried to keep the story as it was, but I want geographical correct setup, and this map is almost correct. It took over 30 hours to create this map...

I tried to talk to a village elder (in a Swedish village west of the map) from the menu you get when travelling to a village, and the game crashed. Idk if it's a bug in the game, or in the mod.

It hasn't stopped me from enjoying this mod though :wink: keep up the good work

EDIT: I tried again and there was no crash. Guess it was a one off

vinc3nt said:
I tried to talk to a village elder (in a Swedish village west of the map) from the menu you get when travelling to a village, and the game crashed. Idk if it's a bug in the game, or in the mod.

It hasn't stopped me from enjoying this mod though :wink: keep up the good work

Only positions of parties have been changed, textures, translation files, and a few troops values, not any script, trigger, menu or or else. This mod is almost a cosmetically push.
So I think this is a standard game crash.

If anything, NN seems to crash less frequently for me than native 1.143...

Haven't played that much yet, but I'm really liking the map - it does make the Commonwealth and the Cossacks look huge, but I guess that's just the new settlement positions and the colour change.

Bandit density seems higher than native so far, I'm fighting a lot (90 kills in 2 days so far), and runing away quite a bit, too, but ultimately I guess that's a good thing, because it'll actually let me farm xp for me and my companions in addition to money once I can set up some caravans.

jackx said:
If anything, NN seems to crash less frequently for me than native 1.143...

Interesting, because I changed nothing which can reduce the crashes.

jackx said:
Haven't played that much yet, but I'm really liking the map - it does make the Commonwealth and the Cossacks look huge, but I guess that's just the new settlement positions and the colour change.

Thanks! I stretched the positions a lot, but antoher compromise is, that there are a few settlements who haven't been conquered by the Poles or Cossacks in reality or history.

jackx said:
Bandit density seems higher than native so far, I'm fighting a lot, and runing away quite a bit, too, but ultimately I guess that's a good thing, because it'll actually let me farm xp for me and my companions in addition to money once I can set up some caravans.

I changed nothing at the count of bandits or the count of spawn points, I just replaced the existing spawn points all over the map. Maybe this will result in more presence of the bandits.

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
this looks cool, do i need to download the specs and the mod or just one?

The ground_specs are in the data folder of the game. You can replace this with the separate download which I linked above. It isn't a part of any module, because this file must be installed to the game directory. A backup of the original ground_specs.txt is also part of the rar archive.

Mount & blade: With Fire & Sword - Neo Native  v1.21 en/de quick patch

This brings Khan Islam Giray back as leader of the Crimean Khanate because his brother Mehmed (kingdom pretender)  is also part of the original story line.  We don't need two Mehmed's :wink:
This patch requires NO game restart, just run the game and load your saved game.

Download

Extract the languages directory of the rar archive into the Neo Native directory, replacing the existing one!

The complete module v1.21 will also be available in a few minutes. It also contains the changes...

Great job on the map, much improved!  :grin:

(edit)  I'm not at all familiar with the modding system so bear with me.  Are you able to change game aspects like the quantity of spawns? (as it was in 1.38 with groups of 30-60 deserters) or be able to revert back to Travellers that can locate party members (as in 1.3:cool:.

Lastly the cities of Kyzykermen and Cherkassk don't appear on your map, what cities are their economic equivalent (did you use their prices and production data on cities that you added?) as they both were a major part of my trading operation.

Much appreciated!!!

Kneed said:
Great job on the map, much improved!  :grin:

(edit)  I'm not at all familiar with the modding system so bear with me.  Are you able to change game aspects like the quantity of spawns? (as it was in 1.38 with groups of 30-60 deserters) or be able to revert back to Travellers that can locate party members (as in 1.3:cool:.

Lastly the cities of Kyzykermen and Cherkassk don't appear on your map, what cities are their economic equivalent (did you use their prices and production data on cities that you added?) as they both were a major part of my trading operation.

Much appreciated!!!

I'm also the developer of an editor, where you can setup the party_templates.txt (it contains the troops for the spawan points) -  look here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html
So you play around a bit with these powerful tool...

Kyzykermen and Cherkassk have a party number: 

p_town_11 Cherkassk
p_town_18 Kyzykermen

At my module these cities are:

p_town_11 Rzhev
p_town_18 Melitopol

I changed nothing else than the names and the position.

I suggest you to put back Zbaraż, it was a very important fortress in With Fire and Sword novel. Death of Longinus Podbipięta, Colonel Skrzetuski managing to sneak out to call King for help. And mindless charge of Bohun. I know, that these events do not take place in game(shame!) but were very important. :wink:
Kamenetsk and Bar were important in novel too.

But anyway, It's good to know, that someone is doing right job. Things, that should be done by developers.

KuroiNekouPL said:
I suggest you to put back Zbaraż, it was a very important fortress in With Fire and Sword novel. Death of Longinus Podbipięta, Colonel Skrzetuski managing to sneak out to call King for help. And mindless charge of Bohun. I know, that these events do not take place in game(shame!) but were very important. :wink:
Kamenetsk and Bar were important in novel too.

But anyway, It's good to know, that someone is doing right job. Things, that should be done by developers.

Okay, thats interesting information. I want the best compromise between a uselful map and the story/novel/history. I'll see what I can do.
But replacing parties means also it won't work with saved games, because you won't see the position changes.

EDIT:

Zbarazh Fortress is part of the story line, I changed it to Oleshyn. Now I have to look where the correct position of Zbaraż is, and if I can exchange a nearby Castle with p_castle_1 ( Zbaraż). I must use p_castle_1 because this is the trigger for the story.

Bar is Borsa at my map - Borsa is at the frontier of Romania to Ukraine. Bar is in the south of Kiev, sorry there's actually no room left for Bar.

Mount & blade: With Fire & Sword - Neo Native  v1.30 en/de released

Changes

Changed the following castles names and positions to be more consistent to the novel/history and story line:

Balti -> Sibiu -> Kamenets
Oleshyn -> Zbarazh

The following village position and name changes were necessary to keep the fiefs dependencies from villages to castles/towns:

Chernivtsi -> Buchach
Rivne -> Przemysl
Lutsk -> Rivne
Pinsk -> Janov (Janów Poleski)

Screenshot:

changes.jpg

Further village/castle/town changes to be more consistent to the real world map and the historic setting:

Mogilev: position changed
Snovsk: position changed and renamed to Roslavl
Berzino: position changed and renamed to Pochinok
Melitopol: renamed to Melita
Cossack mercenary camp: position changed (better integration to the Cossacks' territory)

General Changes

- Map update
- Spawn point update

Incompatible data! Please start a new game with v1.30!
(I know this is annoying, but party positions will be stored to a saved game. I think this is one of the last versions, where I change party positions...)

Mount & blade: With Fire & Sword - Neo Native  v1.31 en/de quick patch

- Changes the rebellion faction color in the scripts.txt  to pink-red  (better color difference betwenn Polish-Lithuanian and Rebels)

This will work with saved games if you haven't started a rebellion yet.

Download Quick Patch v1.31

Download Complete Module v1.31

Extract the script.txt of the rar archive into the Neo Native directory, replacing the existing one!

2Morgh

Some notes at historycal errors.

p_town_11 Rzhev
Unimportant city at that time, Cherkassk  is better.

p_town_18 Melitopol
That's silly - at that time this city did not play any role and was no more than the village. (if Even exists!!!), old one is better.

Botosany/Balty - not belonged to cassacks at that time. Moldovian teritorry.  :!:

And also you removed the capital (Pereyaslav) - in my opnion just not good at all idea it looks the same as to remove Moscow :wink:

Zhytomyr - not a village, it was a city.

Back
Top Bottom