Negative effects of executing a lord?

Users who are viewing this thread

boratlike1

Recruit
Never done it before and im just wondering what happens if i execute a lord. Apparently all other lords hate me or something?

I think if you do it as a vassal of a kingdom, you might get labeled as sort of a "renegade" and will be attacked by your own faction.

Obviously the benefit of doing it would be to remove really pesky nobles, or likewise use it to destabilize an enemy faction by killing their most powerful nobles.

I don't see the essence of it, I mean, why would your own faction come after you when you just killed their enemies heads? Doesn't make sense.

I think that if they expand this feature it can be useful, but right now it's only good to make a LOT of enemies. I don't know, what about the chance of menacing the enemy faction? Send a letter that says "gimme your cattle/money / declare war on X faction / sign a truce with my faction or i kill your cousin who's your husband too!" -honor loss and relations lose, of course. If they give you what you demand, you can kill the hostage anyway just for the fun so you lose a lot of honor and relations with several factions -teh bandit way. Or you return him safe to home and you have no more lose or gain of nothing since you already got your truce/money/war.
[Edit: In the case they don't give you what you want, you kill him and you lose relations only with the hostage faction and their allies, other factions should understand that you did what you told, i guess. Or you don't kill him, and nothing happens.]

It's an idea, i don't know how hard would be that to implement or even if it's impossible.

It's the beginnings of a nice feature, but the downside seems a little overdone to me. 

Executing an enemy lord should most certainly be possible, and it happened.  The king of England after Agincourt executed hundreds of knights.  There was political impact, but other factions no involved in the war didn't suddenly start hating him because of it.

War never changes.

nox said:
It's the beginnings of a nice feature, but the downside seems a little overdone to me. 

Executing an enemy lord should most certainly be possible, and it happened.  The king of England after Agincourt executed hundreds of knights.  There was political impact, but other factions no involved in the war didn't suddenly start hating him because of it.

War never changes.

Are those knights in his kingdom? If yes, then I understand that other faction would start to hate him.

But if you execute your enemies, why would YOUR OWN FACTION hate you?

Here's something I always wanted.

A pissant prick lord with his 20 guys is raiding my village. 

I catch him in the act, and defeat him but let him go - except when I do, I tell him :

"If I have to come break your **** off again for trying to mess with my peasants, I'll decorate their scarecrow with your head on a pole."

Then, when he tries his routine again, and I catch him again I get the dialogue option :

"You didn't believe me, so now I'll have to resort to a more practical deterrent. (put his head on a pole in the fields)"

Then again, I believe that negative honor should show as 'dread', and dissuade people from messing with you. 

yeah i was one hundred days in and executed three lords of an enemy faction and now the game is unplayable for me because all the factions want me dead. this feature i think should be balanced a little more

nox said:
Here's something I always wanted.

A pissant prick lord with his 20 guys is raiding my village. 

I catch him in the act, and defeat him but let him go - except when I do, I tell him :

"If I have to come break your **** off again for trying to mess with my peasants, I'll decorate their scarecrow with your head on a pole."

Then, when he tries his routine again, and I catch him again I get the dialogue option :

"You didn't believe me, so now I'll have to resort to a more practical deterrent. (put his head on a pole in the fields)"

Then again, I believe that negative honor should show as 'dread', and dissuade people from messing with you.

If only :grin:, I actually did execute a particular lord who kept raiding my solitary fief near Monid Crobh (it took a long time to travel there from Bernaccian towns such as Bebbanburh). If there was a way that if enemy lords have a positive reputation or relationship with the owner of a particular territory would avoid it unless nothing else remained, then that would also be really cool.

Scyrius said:
yeah i was one hundred days in and executed three lords of an enemy faction and now the game is unplayable for me because all the factions want me dead. this feature i think should be balanced a little more
Well for now it is by far the easiest way to 'punish' players for executing people. Adding a new 'category' such as dread, etc. would require loads of effort.

I prefer it negative for gameplay balance, unless there were replacement lords that activated, so to prevent abuse. I'd be all up for that though, more replacement lords show up on the map, and the AI factions hire them. As long as the number remains about the same or higher.

Back
Top Bottom