Resolved Negative cost for bribing guard for prison break mission under certain conditions

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: For the prison break mission, when you must bribe the guard to start the mission, certain conditions can cause the bribe amount to be negative. If the settlement's security is very low or the player's roguery skill is very high (or both), then the bribe amount can be negative.

(Though maybe the guards were just so eager to get rid of the prisoners they were willing to pay me instead :smile:)

How to Reproduce: Find a settlement that has a prisoner and set it's security very low with the console (like < 5 or so). Add some Roguery skill to the player (~100 should be more than enough), go to the keep's dungeon and check the bribe cost to start a prison break quest. If the ransom value of the imprisoned lord is too high then it may still be a positive amount.

Media (Screenshots & Video):

All of the lords in the dungeon had negative bribe costs.

QYbpo.png

I accidentally cropped out the security value of the settlement, so I went back and screenshotted it separately after the mission was over.

sDRXt.png

Also, after unsuccessful prison rescue, when your main character is unconscious and owner of castle is not in bad mood, its weird he/she just let you go. You bribe their guard, try to rescue their ennemy and you probably killed some guards and they are OK with that?
You should pay at least some compensation to families of those killed? Plus of course some change reputation with owners.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
You don't have to bother the testers or get a save file, it's obvious from the formula most helpfully provided.
This should go straight to development with a snarky comment about their coding skills. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom