Needs help with brigands!

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
This is one of the quests I try to avoid unless there's a hideout nearby!
And avoiding it like hell in late game when they ask for 8 parties.
No way I'll do it ever again.

I can't tell if you're asking for help or just venting. If the former, it definitely helps to know that bandit parties within the zone will no longer flee from you while you're pursuing them so they should be easy to engage with and defeat. If the latter....

I don't do it either because there's no reason to ever do quests, but
the former, it definitely helps to know that bandit parties within the zone will no longer flee from you while you're pursuing them so they should be easy to engage with and defeat.
^if you chase them form other areas into the zone you can catch them, I don't why and it's weird but they do seem to just kind of stop and let you.

Like everything else though, you campaign time is just too valuable to waste of quests once you can defeat parties.

^if you chase them form other areas into the zone you can catch them, I don't why and it's weird but they do seem to just kind of stop and let you.

Like everything else though, you campaign time is just too valuable to waste of quests once you can defeat parties.
You can also chase other parties into the zone as well? Amusing lol. I'm guessing the why is very simple though; developers knew many players would be slower than the enemies they're pursuing, especially pre-noble stage when they'd most want to do these kinds of quests but lack a place to station their excess troops.

Eh. I don't think you really need to be very efficient with your usage of time but I also know you, as in you specifically, are extremely good at this game and thus resemble a speedrunner lol but most people aren't that good or, if they are, won't do the most optimal thing and there are benefits to doing quests (although I only really do a few) ranging from easier access to more/higher tier troops, to quick cash payouts, to an opportunity to grind for easy XP (including Medicine, especially when playing as an heir).

They don't anymore,because it was a fun thing,so they had to remove it.
They now flee like before and can run out of the zone to not count anymore.

I usually do these for Prosperity,Relation and loot from bandit groups.

Oh that's too bad, I though that was kind of a considerate thing to add.
Same,I hope it's just a bug and it gets fixed,but something tells me that the parties not running was a bug and they fixed it.
Shame because now without difficulty speed beign on easy you'll never catch Steppe Bandits.
That quest actually helped my Khuzait characters gets some nice early gold,relation and gear from Steppe Bandits.

Not only that they made this quest worse by making the bandit parties run from you, now the quest also appears at every village bound to a settlement if there’s a hideout nearby. Each village therefore adds -1 to town’s security, in addition to -2 from the hideout itself. Security is like 10-20 everywhere.

Yeah its the worst especially whey you assign one of your companions to patrol that region to protect vilagers from bandits, then u got guaranted quest fail

Yoshioki Ouchi I play the v.1.1.1 and I constantly try to do the shepherd with the bandit parties to trap them close to the quest area. I even chased one party from another town so I could end the mission. when the AI destroys a bandit party or they simply get chased away the number that you need to eliminate doesnt go down. (srr for the colour I am not familiar with the forum and couldnt change it to normal xD)

Yoshioki Ouchi I play the v.1.1.1 and I constantly try to do the shepherd with the bandit parties to trap them close to the quest area. I even chased one party from another town so I could end the mission. when the AI destroys a bandit party or they simply get chased away the number that you need to eliminate doesnt go down. (srr for the colour I am not familiar with the forum and couldnt change it to normal xD)

According to topic creator, they are no longer forbidden from running away with the "zone" so... you're kinda screwed unless you have a castle to deposit excess troops and supplies so you can hunt them in, ideally, a small all-rider party.

Don't know if it'll remain that way though since it seems like a weird thing to "fix" when it was likely supposed to prevent them from running away faster than you can catch them (a problem I vividly remember in Warband since many quests were either virtually impossible or outright broken lol).

I failed the quest in 1.1.2, just didn't find enough parties before it was time to move on and forgot about it. That's the thing, these quests are only worthwhile in tandem with other stuff like "while collecting early troops", once you finish this step it's useless and forgotten.

I get that it's annoying though to see all the quest flags all the time and not be able to properly finish them in a reasonable way.

I failed the quest in 1.1.2, just didn't find enough parties before it was time to move on and forgot about it. That's the thing, these quests are only worthwhile in tandem with other stuff like "while collecting early troops", once you finish this step it's useless and forgotten.

I get that it's annoying though to see all the quest flags all the time and not be able to properly finish them in a reasonable way.
They could rework some quests!
This one should be manageable by letting the player decide how many parties they want to destroy.
Another thing could be made like the Raid a Territory and Landowner needs manual workers where you can complete the quest early and move on and let the timer run out or hunt more to a limit.
They could also remove the limit of quests from 1 to 2 if you send troops or companions to do it,that's because companions take a while to get skills in their level requirements for the quest.

My personal annoyance type quest is the one that still show (blue exclamation mark) when your are faction leader, but when you talk to said vassal, they reply with "...wouldn't waste your valuable time with this nonsense quest to find me 10 ponies/archers/etc/etc fetch quest...."

THEN WHY SHOW IT YOU MORON!!!!

If my time was indeed "valuable" (as faction leader) there SHOULD be a dynamic that STOPS stupid quests from popping when you reach faction leader status. Should be easy programming, eh...

The bandit parties are too fast. It is super annoying to chase them around. My small party has cav and horses for footmen and no herding, and it is stil a pain to chase random looters.

My personal annoyance type quest is the one that still show (blue exclamation mark) when your are faction leader, but when you talk to said vassal, they reply with "...wouldn't waste your valuable time with this nonsense quest to find me 10 ponies/archers/etc/etc fetch quest...."

THEN WHY SHOW IT YOU MORON!!!!

If my time was indeed "valuable" (as faction leader) there SHOULD be a dynamic that STOPS stupid quests from popping when you reach faction leader status. Should be easy programming, eh...
Yea,that sucks aswell.
They should let us do quests with a dialogue option "I don't mind extra work" or atleast checking on these issues will send an A.I party with the Solved Issue intent.

Back
Top Bottom