Need optimizing for old CPUs

Users who are viewing this thread

My CPU is E3 1230v2 ( performance equivalent to i5 7th generation )and 8G Memory . And it can't run MB2 smoothly (always suddenly dropped from 80FPS to 20FPS in Medium quality then come back to 80 but I dead:sad: and one of my friends he use E3 1220v2, GTX960 and 12G Memory he said he has the same situation just like me. A man in QQ MB2 group who use E3 1230v2 also said so). My graphic card is: R9 280X 3G,yeh above GTX960. Even I set the "Over all" to "Very Low" it still did (suddenly from 130FPS to 60 or lower :sad: (sometimes screen turn black for some seconds and then return to normal, then for sure I was chopped by a enemy again)). So obviously it's not my graphic card and memory's problem. The problem also appeared when a enemy chopped to me and when i chopped to a enemy, MB2 will even stuck for one or more seconds(sometimes), then you know, I died again and again (By archer or infantry whatever) with the annoying problem. I realize that E3 series CPU (Maybe other CPU series do, too) is short of AVX2 FMA3 TSX instruction sets for other CPUs. Hope TaleWorlds to optimize for old CPUs and fix this problem cuz it's really annoying. THX :smile:

It's an 8 year old CPU, predating even the current console generation, and not a gaming one while at it. Modern videogames shouldn't be held back by old hardware and it'd be probably impossible to "optimize" Bannerlord for a CPU that's been released nearly a decade ago.

You have to upgrade your PC every... like... 5 years or something, give or take.

As for optimization, Taleworlds is doing a good job in the quest for a solid and stable game. What they' re not doing is miracles. :iamamoron:

Aren't those processors used for servers..? I don't think you've got much of an argument here it's 8 years old and this game will inevitably be CPU heavy. I upgraded from sandy bridge 2 years ago and that is about the same age as your CPU, time for you to upgrade.

Those old Xeons have held up amazingly well with even fairly recent games, and in particular they've been great value second-hand maybe because people think "not for gaming", but now it's time to put them out to pasture.

I have a 7th gen i5 and range between 70 to 100 FPS on very high... I do get to the low 40-30s when there's hundreds of agents in the battle test mod, but that's kinda expected with my CPU. So no your CPU certainly isn't anywhere close to a 7th gen i5.

Buddy, that CPU is far too old. I doubt you'll be able to satisfactorily run the game with your frame rate that high even when set to very low graphical resolution. You'll probably have to cap the FPS at like 30... or even lower. Horrible frame rate for multiplayer and even then it may not work properly... but it is what it is.

My CPU is E3 1230v2 ( performance equivalent to i5 7th generation )and 8G Memory . And it can't run MB2 smoothly (always suddenly dropped from 80FPS to 20FPS in Medium quality then come back to 80 but I dead:sad: and one of my friends he use E3 1220v2, GTX960 and 12G Memory he said he has the same situation just like me. A man in QQ MB2 group who use E3 1230v2 also said so). My graphic card is: R9 280X 3G,yeh above GTX960. Even I set the "Over all" to "Very Low" it still did (suddenly from 130FPS to 60 or lower :sad: (sometimes screen turn black for some seconds and then return to normal, then for sure I was chopped by a enemy again)). So obviously it's not my graphic card and memory's problem. The problem also appeared when a enemy chopped to me and when i chopped to a enemy, MB2 will even stuck for one or more seconds(sometimes), then you know, I died again and again (By archer or infantry whatever) with the annoying problem. I realize that E3 series CPU (Maybe other CPU series do, too) is short of AVX2 FMA3 TSX instruction sets for other CPUs. Hope TaleWorlds to optimize for old CPUs and fix this problem cuz it's really annoying. THX :smile:
Try installing FPS Monitor. Get monitoring of processor and video card load, as well as memory. See what becomes the narrow neck of your system as you drop frames. Join to our group. We can help you.
PC WORKSHOP
  • Public Group
Here creates the best computers in Calradia! You can ask for help with any PC related issues, learn about at the new builds and read our articles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom