• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Need help With fixing an error who hide another

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Gess1t said:
I gave them a town and castle in module_script

"gave them" could mean a lot of things, that is why you show code. Review the tutorial as many times as needed until you get all things done. You can visit the Q&A thread if you have new questions, and the tutorial thread if you need help with that in particular.

Cheers
 

Gess1t

Recruit
WB
kalarhan said:
Gess1t said:
I gave them a town and castle in module_script

"gave them" could mean a lot of things, that is why you show code. Review the tutorial as many times as needed until you get all things done. You can visit the Q&A thread if you have new questions, and the tutorial thread if you need help with that in particular.

Cheers

the tutorial doesn't indicate how to add a town to a faction, i had to use an different Post for that, so i'm going to search myself and close this topic when that'll be working,
thanks you again for helping me trough this intense brain breaking Modding.

EDIT2: had to edit the kingdom using Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor with .txt, module system changed some kingdom value like for my king from kingdom_7 to kingdom_5, i still own the villages, even if the kingdom owner id is set to kingdom_7,  and finally, i've got ingame error:

Code:
get_object failed for the mesh: map_flag_h03
that the case for all the banners
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Gess1t said:
EDIT2: had to edit the kingdom using Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor with .txt, module system changed

do not edit .txt stuff with Morgh`s when working with modsys. When you compile the modsys it will delete all your .txt changes. Either use Morgh`s with .py files (limited use) or learn how to do stuff on the modsys. Morgh`s is a optional tool, you can work with modsys alone.

again: do not mix .txt edits with modsys edits.
 

Gess1t

Recruit
WB
kalarhan said:
Gess1t said:
EDIT2: had to edit the kingdom using Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor with .txt, module system changed

do not edit .txt stuff with Morgh`s when working with modsys. When you compile the modsys it will delete all your .txt changes. Either use Morgh`s with .py files (limited use) or learn how to do stuff on the modsys. Morgh`s is a optional tool, you can work with modsys alone.

again: do not mix .txt edits with modsys edits.

well at this point, the things (yes it's a things at this point) was broken before i used the software so... (scene doesn't match(going to my castle, NOP YOU GO IN TAVERN))
More Pains to fix it, oh wait, i forget, can't fix it by changing scene name, so how i'm supposed to do that? (insanity level at max)
no seriously i don't know where to set the scene for these towns/castles

EDIT: i know it, i'm just going insane at this moment

EDIT2: i'll have to make most of the scene like the castle or the center myself but the mod is working for now, some other generate from themself. still searching why this get_object error is here.

EDIT3: i gave a face code for every lords that i've added but this one didn't applied, why?
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Gess1t said:
well at this point, the things (yes it's a things at this point) was broken before i used the software so... (scene doesn't match(going to my castle, NOP YOU GO IN TAVERN))

check your slots assigment for scenes then
 

Gess1t

Recruit
WB
So this is the list of all things that i have to fix:

- Face Code not applying and setting the skin by default
- Scenes
- translation
- My Sanity level

A good screenshot of what is happening about the scene and the face code:

1532719560-20180727211250-1.jpg


and that'll it, i'm searching a fix for the skins, so any help would be appreciated, i can do the other things myself
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Gess1t said:
- translation

start game on windowed mode, check the menu options (from the window bar), and you can create a translation project for your module (the .csv files).
 

Gess1t

Recruit
WB
kalarhan said:
Gess1t said:
- translation

start game on windowed mode, check the menu options (from the window bar), and you can create a translation project for your module (the .csv files).

already done, took me few seconds,
Right now i'm facing problem with face code occurring syntaxes error, so there's maybe 30 minutes of work lost.

i kept the pastebin backup if i can't do anythings to fix the issue, so here is the modified code if you want to take a loot at it (i'm not forcing you to do it as i want to fix it myself): https://pastebin.com/beKRM8z4

EDIT: Being Tired can occur this kind of dumb things, should one day sleep for 14 h straight.
What happen you would ask? i've opened the wrong instance of module builder (nice)
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Gess1t said:
What happen you would ask? i've opened the wrong instance of module builder (nice)

as you move on you should start to use source control. It is the best way to keep backups and work with code in general. Git is super easy to learn (5-60min and you can use Youtube videos for that). It will save you many hours of frustration down the line.

learn how to commit, push, use branches.

if you want to share your project/code you can use the free web repository Github https://github.com/
 
Top Bottom