Need More Info Need help with bandit quest does not spawn enough bandits

Users who are viewing this thread

How to Reproduce: Take the quest
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Ironmonger needs help with mountain bandits
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:e1.0.4
Computer Specs
: 3800x 2070super 16GB ram

Basically the quest only spawns 2 squads of mountain bandits around the city and the 3rd squad is camping inside the hideout. I have attacked the hideout but it does not complete the quest

up.. i got this problem also.. sometimes i can wait until near quest deadline and they will appear again.. but sometimes they didn't even appear after deadline and i failed the quest..

I had this problem as well and figured out an annoying workaround. You can actually chase bandit groups of the correct type into the quest radius and they will become marked as quest targets. Only groups marked as quest targets (!) will count.

As of 1.3.0, this still happens. The area around Marunath is crawling with Looters and Forest Bandits, but no Mountain Bandits anywhere to complete the quest. Yes, I can chase the bandit the Marunath, but that is not very reliable, and kind of defeat the purpose of the quest.

This quest needs some tweaking, maybe reduce the number needed?

As of 1.3.0, this still happens. The area around Marunath is crawling with Looters and Forest Bandits, but no Mountain Bandits anywhere to complete the quest. Yes, I can chase the bandit the Marunath, but that is not very reliable, and kind of defeat the purpose of the quest.

This quest needs some tweaking, maybe reduce the number needed?
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it should be an acceptable answer to the issue, just that it was a method to complete the quest until something is done to fix it. I've had to hunt down eight groups of steppe bandits one time... I had to chase some from North of Baltakhand all the way down to Odokh. Do you know how difficult it is to juggle three groups of steppe bandits to keep them all heading the same direction? Thankfully they all engaged at the same time when I got in range and still counted individually toward the quest... but the trip took days.

A few options for this off the top of my head:
  1. Make the quest radius larger... a lot larger.
  2. Put a flag (not an actual flapping in the wind flag) on the town that marks it as a meeting point for the quest bandits so they will roam within the quest area around the fief.
  3. Have the quest groups spawn intermittently but not leave the quest area. for example: If you need to take out eight groups, three groups spawn the first day, then two the second, then two the third, then one on the fourth and one on the fifth. So in five days, you have all eight groups at a diminishing rate to simulate the bandits being less tempted to congregate in the area and/or people becoming less tempted to join them due to the high rate of defeat in the area.
  4. A combination of the previous three.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it should be an acceptable answer to the issue, just that it was a method to complete the quest until something is done to fix it. I've had to hunt down eight groups of steppe bandits one time... I had to chase some from North of Baltakhand all the way down to Odokh. Do you know how difficult it is to juggle three groups of steppe bandits to keep them all heading the same direction? Thankfully they all engaged at the same time when I got in range and still counted individually toward the quest... but the trip took days.

A few options for this off the top of my head:
  1. Make the quest radius larger... a lot larger.
  2. Put a flag (not an actual flapping in the wind flag) on the town that marks it as a meeting point for the quest bandits so they will roam within the quest area around the fief.
  3. Have the quest groups spawn intermittently but not leave the quest area. for example: If you need to take out eight groups, three groups spawn the first day, then two the second, then two the third, then one on the fourth and one on the fifth. So in five days, you have all eight groups at a diminishing rate to simulate the bandits being less tempted to congregate in the area and/or people becoming less tempted to join them due to the high rate of defeat in the area.
  4. A combination of the previous three.
Sorry, wasn't meant to direct that at you. That was my feedback for any possible Taleworlds staff that could be reading.

For a possible fix, I am hesitant about spawning new bandit parties in the game world. We have more than enough spawning already lol.

I think your number 2 is already in-game. Once the bandits get into quest range, they will start to move toward the town and patrol around. The problem is that there is not enough of them in range.

The last few times I tried the quest, I consistently ran out of bandits to kill when I reached 5 or 6/8. Those are much more realistic target for this quest with the current range. That's why I suggested just reducing the number would be the easiest change.

Making the radius larger could work well, as I said, the bandits already got pulled toward the town when in range, so a larger radius would make it much easier to get enough bandit parties to kill.

My thoughts on spawning more bandit parties would be to have more parties with lower numbers. Just because there are more parties doesn't necessarily mean there are more bandits. Perhaps they just split their forces to cover more area near a lucrative town that has many caravans/villagers going to and from.

I wasn't aware that they move toward the towns, as the only times I've taken this quest I've had to hunt them down in order to meet the number required.

This is still happening. I have this quest out of Pen Cannoc, requiring defeating 8 mountain bandit parties. 5 mountain bandits spawn are nearby and head to the city, 1 more will sometimes head there but get's scared off about 50% of the time. But I can never get to 8 parties so the quest always seems to eventually fail. After a few attempts, I enabled cheats to reveal all parties on the map, and no other suitable bandit parties within 2 days ride.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.
this issue's still prevalent on 1.8.1 - I believe there needs to be a force-spawn with checks running on the background to make sure all demanded by quest parties spawn until the player completes it

this happens with all of the "needs help with brigands" types of quests, specially when the village requesting it is far/physically distant from natural bandit spawns and the PC level is higher - at late game they can ask up to 11 brigand parties which's exceptionally unrealistic because AI will often wipe out smaller parties remaining but a few large ones in the vicinity. - also, since the quest doesn't have a "partial completion" check, the relations loss is punishing players hard for something that's completely outside of their control (we don't even have console commands to manually spawn bandits if needed).

Back
Top Bottom