Need Help With Armor Rigging

Users who are viewing this thread

Mumplfumpr

Recruit
So I ported an armor set from a Skyrim mod because I saw one in Perisno (The Dread One Set if you don't know ) and wanted to put it in my Warband module but the thing is I am new to making custom armor but I am familiar with porting weapons from other games or jut making my own and I really have zero knowledge with it I tried just adding the helmet to my module and once i tried it on in-game it just vanished.
I don't really know if you have to do something with the skeleton and stuff but i just copied the rigging of another armor and pasted it to the armor mesh after I saw a thread in moddb and I don't know what to do with the rest of the set and I need your help.

Solution
- Your armour needs to be in T-pose in order to be correctly skinned to the WB skeleton. You need to adjust the model first. If your model is in T-pose, you can apply OpenBRF's auto-skinning function (copy a skinned armour, select your new armour, click edit->paste skinning).
- Gloves are not skinned. You need to adjust the model.

In advance:
- Textures, materials, meshes must all be defined in your BRF files and loaded in module.ini in this order (or all in the same BRF file).
- New items need to be coded in, which can be done with the module system, some editor, or by editing the text files (module system is your best option, but not all mods are open source).
- You can also just replace an existing model with your new model. In...
- Your armour needs to be in T-pose in order to be correctly skinned to the WB skeleton. You need to adjust the model first. If your model is in T-pose, you can apply OpenBRF's auto-skinning function (copy a skinned armour, select your new armour, click edit->paste skinning).
- Gloves are not skinned. You need to adjust the model.

In advance:
- Textures, materials, meshes must all be defined in your BRF files and loaded in module.ini in this order (or all in the same BRF file).
- New items need to be coded in, which can be done with the module system, some editor, or by editing the text files (module system is your best option, but not all mods are open source).
- You can also just replace an existing model with your new model. In that case, you don't need to code it in.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom