Need Help : Smoking and Flaming "every" ranged weapons but no gunfire sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello There.  :smile:
I am developing my own "Warband" module since 2010, but no good progress.(because of my job and new to python and 3D modeling, I am trying to learn both by internet searching.)

Now I am stucked by two problems.

I tried add firearms to my module and imported them from OiM(with Fire and Sword).(item, particles, scripts and so on)

* Problem 1 : Now every missile weapons(firearms and bows and crossbows) make gunfire effect(smoke and flame)

2519C242533F4BD330CE56

26412B42533F4BD3286866

21788A42533F4BD437D704

* Problem 2 : I want to use differnt gunfire sound by hearing range, like OiM and Napoleonic Wars.
I tried import gunfire sounds from OiM(with Fire and Sword) module_sounds.

but firearms in my module are silenced weapon now.
Only bullet hit sounds are working.

I tried find answers from forum, but I couldn't.

If you want to check my module_system for what are wrong, I will try to put them.

Thanks for reading. :grin:

Try not to import things from other mods, most obviously because of permission issues, but also because some modders use weird workarounds to solutions that won't work if you just copy and paste a part of their code.
I don't know what OiM is, but Napoleonic wars is a completely standalone game, and there are bits of code in there that don't work at all in warband.

Have a look at the pistol in native warband (it's an unused item they've left in), and try and use the triggers as a template. The code isn't actually python but a really easy to understand coding language developed for taleworlds. It's quite self explanatory most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom