Need help modding the mod...

Users who are viewing this thread

bztron

Recruit
I would like to make changes to this mod in my game that come down to taste/design philosophy and wouldn't be appropriate for the main release (if it gets updated again). The particular trouble I'm having is modifying a unit's stats in troops.txt with Morgh's M&B Editor doesn't actually change their stats in-game (even though changing their equips in Morgh's seems to take effect in-game). I ctrl+f'd through the other files, but they're a bunch of numbers that don't mean anything to me with keywords mixed in.

The solution that comes to mind first is to find the source code, but the most recent I've found is 0.608. Am I missing something? I am open to other suggestions, too.

Modifying the Native files will not effect any mods, as the "module" system loads a different file for each mod you play. In order to modify a mod you need it's modsys file, which may or may not be available depending on the mod and the author's wishes.

I want to start by saying thank you for the reply, I'd rather that not get lost in translation. However, I already knew that. An example of the problem: We open C:\\Games\Steam\steamapps\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native Expansion [BETA] in Morgh's, the Farmer's starting stats Str/Agi/Int/Cha:
  12/9/6/6
Example desired stats:
  15/14/9/9
However, when I save that to troops.txt it doesn't carry in-game. soulmata has said that ALL references to the unit need to be changed, but the only other possible reference I can find is in menus.txt with
mno_faction_troop_tree  0  View_faction_troop_trees.  1 900 1 1513209474796486673  .
This doesn't mean anything to me, it's just a bunch of numbers, but I could feasibly reverse-engineer plain text code. I could also be missing something, like a decompiler, so I ask.

Something else I should probably confirm is share permissions. It's not unreasonable that I'd be proud of my first M&B mod, but I'm also not here to make enemies.

Back
Top Bottom