Need Guiding About Event Handling in PW Module System

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello  :smile:. I have experience with Python. Can anyone tell me about events in PW Module System?

How can I handle something like event during game?

Example: A method or a script calling when a player attacked to another?

Sorry, but you are asking an impossible question here, Find out for yourself, watch tutorials on YouTube etc. etc. Before you start asking such a big question.
This question shows you have no experience in Warband scripting.

That's true, I don't. My experience is on Python as I told so.

And actually I known Warband scripting is not like a plugin system so we can't handle events directly and because of that I said "something like event".

I guess my question is about triggers (not sure). What happens when a player did something? Which trigger gets called? (not sure again)

Note: I want to learn these because I will not add any object, item, building or such thing on modules.

Your experience in Python won't help you AT ALL as Warband scrypting uses Python to be built (which is why files are *.py), but uses its own scripting language.
Concerning your question, events are all hard coded and can be found in the file 'module_mission_templates.py'.
Here is a little example :

mission_templates.py
PHP:
player_exit = (ti_on_player_exit, 0, 0, [], # The ti_on_player_exit is the hard coded event
   [(store_trigger_param_1, ":player_id"), # The argument it takes
    (call_script, "script_cf_save_player_exit", ":player_id"), # The code it'll execute (here, it's a script called, all the called scripts are in 'module_scripts.py'
    ])

module_scripts.py
PHP:
  ("cf_save_player_exit", # Here is the script in question called by the event
   [(store_script_param, ":player_id", 1), # This is the argument sent in the call_script of the event handler

# And all what follows are the scripts of the block
    (player_get_troop_id, ":troop_id", ":player_id"),
    (is_between, ":troop_id", playable_troops_begin, playable_troops_end),
    (player_get_unique_id, ":player_unique_id", ":player_id"),
    (troop_get_slot, ":inactive_array_size", "trp_inactive_players_array", slot_player_array_size),
    (assign, ":loop_end", ":inactive_array_size"),
    (assign, ":inactive_index", slot_player_array_begin),
    (try_for_range, ":unused", 0, ":loop_end"),
      (this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, "trp_inactive_players_array", ":inactive_index", 0),
      (troop_slot_eq, "trp_inactive_players_array", ":inactive_index", ":player_unique_id"),
      (assign, ":loop_end", -1),
    (else_try),
      (val_add, ":inactive_index", player_array_entry_size),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (call_script, "script_cf_player_store_inactive", ":player_id", ":inactive_index"),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_inactive_players_array", ":inactive_index", ":player_unique_id"),
      (player_set_slot, ":player_id", slot_player_inactive_index, ":inactive_index"),
      (neq, ":loop_end", -1),
      (val_add, ":inactive_array_size", 1),
      (troop_set_slot, "trp_inactive_players_array", slot_player_array_size, ":inactive_array_size"),
    (try_end),
    (assign, ":loop_end", factions_end),
    (try_for_range, ":faction_id", castle_factions_begin, ":loop_end"),
      (faction_get_slot, ":lord_player_uid", ":faction_id", slot_faction_lord_player_uid),
      (eq, ":lord_player_uid", ":player_unique_id"),
      (assign, ":loop_end", -1),
      (store_mission_timer_a, ":current_time"),
      (faction_set_slot, ":faction_id", slot_faction_lord_last_seen_time, ":current_time"),
    (try_end),
    ]),

Read the comments in both blocks (both were not in the scripts by default) if you want more infos about how it works.

The above link is a good basic overview, and I would also suggest to read header_triggers.py and header_operations.py in the module system: the PW versions of those files have some extra comments to specify available parameters. If you are using Warband 1.165+ on your server and / or clients, you could also get the 4.4_merge_1.166 branch in the PW module system git repository: it includes some new or tweaked operations made available from that game engine version (differences viewable online here and here).

Back
Top Bottom