Need a stable version of game

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I hate to say it but time to get on my soap box for a few minutes. I apologize ahead of time if there is a stable version available.
Now, does anyone else think there should be a version that is pretty close to stable and able to finish the game before they move to a next big patch ex. 1.2 to 1.3 version.
We need a stable version on steam that we can roll back to in case the current one is a disaster which 1.2 appears right now. In the past few patches it seems to be worse than before. Is any of the 6 or 7 available downloads in steam stable?
I know it is early access, I get there will be problems but we still paid a lot of money and deserve something that is stable to play for days in case of problems without reverting to 1.0
1.0 doesn't contain all the positive things we like in the game like trade exp for caravans companions and we shouldn't have play a vanilla version when they can get it stable and leave that version for us in case of a problem. I don't think it is a lot to ask for since why would you roll out a huge patch that will cause problems like they all do when you have a current version that has so many problems already, your compounding the problem and making it worse.
I hope that makes sense and doesn't come off bad, I am just saying we all paid good money and deserve some decent version that is mostly stable.
Thank you

Sorry but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe I understood wrong, but it seems like you want the newest features but without the bugs?

Anyway, you can roll back to any major version you like using Steam.

What do you mean with "stable"? I used 1.2.1, 1.3.0 and now are using 1.4.0 (before the last hotfix patches, with about 25 mods and usually highest graphic settings) and I had one freeze till now. I would call that extremely stable, especially when compared to my favorite games (Skyrim, Fallout 4).

I haven't had any troubles on 1.4.0 either. The only thing that borked me was the hotfix and that was only for a day or two because I run ~35 mods and one was broken but it was a easy fix which only took 2 minutes to fix.

Well 1.4.1 will be alot better than 1.4 soon. as its coming along nice now with many hotfixes and had more stuff added to the game.Once thats live and with some mods you will have a great game.

yeah just looking for a previous version I can sit down for days or a week and not worry about it going back. With the newest one it's gotten worse, with the new influence nerf and it's a bad nerf and now the towns having depleted food stocks so bad it's almost not worth playing so good to get suggestions on decent older versions thank you

Yep, 1.4.1 is starting to be decent after last hotfix.
I agree it's definately gotten better but I had to do a new character things were so out of wack on my last play through it was obvious it wasn't going to be fixed. I'm about 60 days in and there isn't a kingdom at war with more than 1 other kingdom and I see that kingdoms will make peace now. It's a step in the right direction but we have a long way too go.

1.2.1 is what I've been playing since 1.3 released and broke half of the 60+ mods I'm running. I have ZERO intentions of playing anything but 1.2 until the game goes live or until there's some major changes to how the game plays.

You can run whichever version of the game you want to run by going into your Steam Library/BL2 Properties/Beta then choosing which version you want to play via the drop down menu(little down arrow). You don't need any code just click "CLOSE" in the bottom right corner once you've chosen the version of the game you want to play and restart Steam.

Back
Top Bottom