Nearly a year in, Does TW acknowledge the anniversary with an update for when EA will be done?

Does TW acknowledge the anniversary with an update for when EA will be done?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Equally though if someone says they have 1000s of hours in game and hated every second - this is just as ridiculous; if not more so (for obvious reasons).
I played hundreds of hours of WarThunder and hate the guts out of this game. It took me years and several tries to quit playing that mess.

Some games are like smoking ciggarets; they make you sick but you can't stop consuming them.

I very much agree that most of the criticism on this forum is valid. I just don't think that the game is a failure. Or: Maybe it's just a failure for us because we know how much better it could be and how much time it took. People who aren't as invested into the series as we are seem to be happier with it...

That's the thing that explains the reviews on Steam I think. Just because of the sheer difference in sales most people who played Bannerlord did not play Warband (I don't know that for a fact, but it seems like a safe assumption). I don't think that you can really be happy with how Bannerlord came out if you are a Warband veteran. Admittedly there is some subjectivity to it, but it seems like most Warband veterans are unhappy. Had I never played Warband I probably would think Bannerlord is pretty neat. There's really nothing else like it after all.

This black/white; hate/love thing we have going on in this forum right now is just kind of dumb. Not a single person here truly hates bannerlord - or they wouldn't be here. Equally no one here thinks it's perfect or they would be asking for its release.
Sounds reasonable. I think I fall in the middle of the spectrum myself, I have been labeled both "white knight" and "hater" depending on who I was talking with. Although I will admit that my view is much more negative now than it was a year ago.

One could make all sorts of psychological and negative arguments in the other direction too... mostly in the form of mob mentality. People being scared to have their own opinion or stick out from the crowd. You see a thread of people crapping on bannerlord; your herd mentality kicks in.
I concede that the black knights can be offensively portrayed as weak-minded conformists. The pressure to fit in with the forum mob is very powerful, especially with the younger people who are more prone to look for validation.
Having said that, I invite you to join the dark side, we have negativity and cookies.
You will see that grasping at straws like the regional battle maps will just end in disappointments and you'll come around on your own eventually.

Everyone is biased and your enjoyment of the game is a matter of personal opinion.
Yeah, so? Everything that comes out of our mouths is a matter of personal opinion. That's the whole reason people discuss things, to try and make a case for one opinion over another. Saying "you're biased" or "that's just your opinion" is almost completely meaningless.

This black/white; hate/love thing we have going on in this forum right now is just kind of dumb. Not a single person here truly hates bannerlord - or they wouldn't be here. Equally no one here thinks it's perfect or they would be asking for its release.
It's definitely not black / white. Almost everyone here thinks the game has serious problems. There is some consensus on the major issues but quite a lot of disagreement on what the end goal of the game should be. What makes it "polarising" is when people like you say the forums are "toxic" or "an echo chamber" just because you don't see anyone else with your extremely rare viewpoints backing you up. Just because most people are on one side of an argument doesn't make it an echo chamber mob or whatever you want to call it. Most people are not flat earthers. Most people think Nazism was bad. If you go to any forum saying "there needs to be a more balanced debate regarding hollow earth esoteric nazism", people will not show you much respect.

I concede that the black knights can be offensively portrayed as weak-minded conformists. The pressure to fit in with the forum mob is very powerful, especially with the younger people who are more prone to look for validation.
Having said that, I invite you to join the dark side, we have negativity and cookies.
You will see that grasping at straws like the regional battle maps will just end in disappointments and you'll come around on your own eventually.

MadVader irl right now

a8liF1MQFnmc3qefri5YPS1uhLYWVxLJ5bek0ziEIf_llG9gEB0oThLFTWCofMEBpJEILGd16ynWP-XSPyd8gBHWNAeyZzpzxEQ-OUiIC1o0aDQy7r9E-CEVmr13ldNpHRlWaRuFsQ7z2a92asId2xUXX5QJNRWjVa4

That's the thing that explains the reviews on Steam I think. Just because of the sheer difference in sales most people who played Bannerlord did not play Warband (I don't know that for a fact, but it seems like a safe assumption). I don't think that you can really be happy with how Bannerlord came out if you are a Warband veteran. Admittedly there is some subjectivity to it, but it seems like most Warband veterans are unhappy. Had I never played Warband I probably would think Bannerlord is pretty neat. There's really nothing else like it after all.
Exactly. If the game would've been released 6 years ago I would be more forgiving. But it took 10 years and people rightfully wonder what they've done in all that time. Again, I would be more forgiving if they fully fleshed out all features in those 10 years but it looks like development of the game just started and everything is unfinished. I am mostly happy with the content they add via updates, but it's mostly stuff that should already be there. But if I ignore all that it's a pretty nice game, which could become awesome.

You know the game is a failure when you spend more time on the forums than actually playing the game.
This is where I am at right now. I wanted to install it again to play on the one year anniversary but I just felt dread and disappointment before it even started. I ended up not even finishing the install.

This is where I am at right now. I wanted to install it again to play on the one year anniversary but I just felt dread and disappointment before it even started. I ended up not even finishing the install.
Same here. Still keeping the game on HDD just in case the next patch will be something that'll bring me back in.

Sadly, the last two updates were nothing but disappointment to me. 1.5.8 was a glitchy mess and 1.5.9 brought us boring and clanky prison breaks and a sandbox mode which is basically same game minus main quest which I always ignored anyway.

yeah, i have thousands of hours played on classic/warband and still play them to this day (specially when i want to play multiplayer), i still have bannerlord installed waiting for patches to see if they finally improve things we are reporting/giving feedback since day one.

Back
Top Bottom