Nearly 6 Months and Perks are not implemented

Users who are viewing this thread

I went about 4 months without playing and I came back to almost the same game. Sure some small things are improved, less snowballing, some UI improvements, hideout crew selection, SOME of the perks are implemented, etc but I feel like it should have been all hands on deck about.. 6 months ago. Changing/implementing the perks changes the entire game. How can you balance before they're actually in the game? How has TW not implemented the actual leveling system yet? Incredibly disappointing and frankly I hope someone has been replaced for this absolute failure.

6 months after release and they haven't even finished the perks. The people who were saying "oh just come back in a couple months" should feel like absolute idiots at this point. You can't say "oh they have to fix the bugs first" anymore, the actual game (levelling in an RPG is more or less the game, character progression) is not in place. Not good enough and EA is not a legitimate reason for this. Game is ****ed. BTW I bought the original M&B when it was $20 so don't tell me how Taleworlds works.

Thanks for reading my blog.

levelling in an RPG is more or less the game, character progression
Yeah I agree and it unfortunate they didn't JUST DO IT, but there a short list of stuff I want them to JUST DO.

I think the truth is that they just can't "all hands on deck" for anything because only so many of their employees can actually do the kind of work needed.
This is just an assumption based on the lack of progress and priorities though. I don't know anything about the actual skill sets of their employees or how many can do what and such. Further more, I think it's actually good if they're giving opportunities to new grads or students or people who are just starting their careers. Again I don't know if that's the case it just seems like the speed you might expect if there's more like 20-30 employees doing the heavy lifting and the rest are more 'learning' the trade and 'helping' and needing lots of double checking and managing.

im not feeling like an complete idiot ^^ still enjoying this game to bits <3 But sure i can share your frustration at times but im not gonna read your blog unfortunately...it sounds unhealthy

Yeah I agree and it unfortunate they didn't JUST DO IT, but there a short list of stuff I want them to JUST DO.

I think the truth is that they just can't "all hands on deck" for anything because only so many of their employees can actually do the kind of work needed.
This is just an assumption based on the lack of progress and priorities though. I don't know anything about the actual skill sets of their employees or how many can do what and such. Further more, I think it's actually good if they're giving opportunities to new grads or students or people who are just starting their careers. Again I don't know if that's the case it just seems like the speed you might expect if there's more like 20-30 employees doing the heavy lifting and the rest are more 'learning' the trade and 'helping' and needing lots of double checking and managing.
I appreciate that they're giving younger people beginning their career a shot and completely agree with you that it's a good thing but this is getting absurd. If they can't do the job after a certain time it's time to cut them loose and hire people who can do the job. Perhaps they're unable to get rid of them due to some agreement with the school/government.

This game wasn't sold as a charity project or the kickstarter project of some unknown company. It was sold at nearly the full price of a finished game from a developer who had developed and released two previous versions of this game. I think at this point I could leave for another 4 months or so, come back and the perks still wouldn't be in the game. And people would still call me entitled or say TW can't do everything in a day. You can't even tell your clan parties what to do yet.

im not gonna read your blog unfortunately...it sounds unhealthy
too late, you already read it

You're awfully entitled. Give TW some time; they're doing their best.
Been hearing that for 6 months. Six months is enough time to implement perks. How long would you be willing to wait for them to actually implement them before you give up that attitude? A year? 4 years? There has to be some point where even someone like you would admit it's not acceptable. So, how long will you give them?

Incredibly disappointing and frankly I hope someone has been replaced for this absolute failure
Why being so salty? What if the game is a collaborative work and there are multiple people or circumstances adding their share to why the development progress is being so slow? Should they all get fired? No matter what?

6 months after release and they haven't even finished the perks.
I agree with you. How come they are trying to balance the game by nerfing stuff that doesnt need nerfing while the core mechanics haven't been completed.

Gah you got me *holding to his heart dying in pain*
Got eem :mrgreen:

Why being so salty? What if the game is a collaborative work and there are multiple people or circumstances adding their share to why the development progress is being so slow? Should they all get fired? No matter what?

I agree with you. How come they are trying to balance the game by nerfing stuff that doesnt need nerfing while the core mechanics haven't been completed.
Maybe I'm just venting some. I had high hopes for the game and I'm sure some mods will be amazing. I'm not sure how their team is structured but I would assume they don't just willy nilly have people work on the perks and have some random guy supervise their progress each day. They've been assigned to do the work and it's not getting done. Maybe they have too many other assignments but it's just not good enough for a company that is trying to grow and become a more professional outfit.

hey, be careful or people will start a campaign to ban me like they want to get rid of you :lol:

635.gif

I think that Italian Sparactus has the best compromise:

Activate the perks that are currently available with code, but not on (the community patch mod currently does that for older versions).

I get that there is going to be a major rework, but turn what perks are available right now, especially the mounted long bow and crossbow.

I think that Italian Sparactus has the best compromise:

Activate the perks that are currently available with code, but not on (the community patch mod currently does that for older versions).

I get that there is going to be a major rework, but turn what perks are available right now, especially the mounted long bow and crossbow.

Yeah this is one of the things that is most puzzling to me too, and that the perks that are just coded incorrectly it's not like this couldn't be done by 1 person in a day or two at most. All of this stuff has been pointed out by the community time and time again TW just needs to go and fix it. It certainly would go a long way to appeasing people.

Yeah a lot of the perks lines that don't work right now are getting completely reworked. Steward is a line that is not activated and has not yet been reworked. Activating it would be pointless and impact balance, even though its being reworked.

So why not just disable them in the game? Instead they put in tooltip info and let us select them. It's bizarre. I've seen things labeled as placeholder but not labeled as working and in fact its completely missing.

Back
Top Bottom