NE Sieges & Scenes Pack - get a second ladder for your sieges! 9th Jan. 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Samuel

Sergeant Knight
Native Expansion for the original M&B featured a Siege Scene Pack, which main function was to add a second ladder to every siege scenes in game.
Warband, featuring a brand new Worldmap, needed its own SSP. There are a few Siege Packs out there, really good work, too, but I found them maybe over the top, adding series of new walls and covering them with ladders that the attackers will ignore anyway.
The siege pack I wanted was to look like Native, only better.
And then I also added new scenes : harbours for Tihr and Rivacheg, beaches for coastal villages, etc.

Version for Native Expansion only (WB 1.153):​
SSP [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]FOR NATIVE EXPANSION ONLY
Download full pack for NE:WB (zip - 5.36 Mo)
100% SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE

OR

For all other games using the Native Worldmap (WB 1.153):​
SSP [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]FOR ALL NATIVE WORLDMAPS
100% SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE
Usable with Native and any mod using Native Worldmap (such as Diplomacy, PBOD, ...)

2nd_ladder.jpg
coastal_scenes.jpg

INSTALLATION
FOR NATIVE EXPANSION
[list type=decimal]
[*]Download "Native Expansion Version" pack from source or mirror
[*]Unzip it directly in your Warband\Modules\Native Expansion\ folder, overwriting the original files (scenes.txt and many ".sco" files should be overwritten).
[*]To check that you have the latest version, go to the village of Balanli and check if there's a beach.
[/list]

FOR ALL OTHER NATIVE MODS (Diplomacy, PBOD, ...)
[list type=decimal]
[*]Download "Native version" of the pack from source or mirror
[*]Unzip it directly in your Warband\Modules\Native\ folder, overwriting the original files (scenes.txt and many ".sco" files should be overwritten).
[*]To check that you have the latest version, go to the village of Balanli and check if there's a beach.
[/list]

NOTES
  • This Scene pack is 100% SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE. Also, I tried to keep scene props as Native as possible.
  • This pack is about scenes (landscape) only: its "Native Version" won't affect any other part of the game and is 100% compatible with any mods using a Native Worldmap, such as Diplomacy or PBOD

HISTORY
  • Dec. 23: New coastal scenes added: Azgad, Gisim, Aldelen, Kulum, Buillin, Rizi, Fearichen, Jayek, Odasan, Ruvar, now have a beach scene. Gisim was completely remade from scratch, and Ruvar was copied from Fearichen.
    • Oct. 26: a new version of the Pack has been released. There is now one version for Native Expansion, and one for all other Native Mods (see above). Similarly, two different scenes.txt were released: one for Native Expansion, and another for Native.
    • Sept. 10: First Edition of the NEWB-SSP is released.

THE GREAT TABLE OF SIEGE SCENES
CategoryNumberNameFactionSiege props
town1SargothNord2 ladders
town2TihrNord2 ladders
town3VelucaRhodok2 ladders
town4SunoSwadia2 ladders
town5JelkalaRhodok2 ladders
town6PravenSwadia2 ladders
town7UxkhalSwadia2 ladders
town8ReyvadinVaegir2 ladders
town9KhudanVaegir2 ladders
town10TulgaKhergit2 ladders
town11CurawVaegir2 ladders
town12WerchegNord2 ladders
town13RivachegVaegirTower+ladder
town14HalmarKhergit2 ladders
town15YalenRhodok2 ladders
town16DhirimSwadiaTower
town17IchamurKhergit2 ladders
town18NarraKhergit2 ladders
town19SharizSarranid2 ladders
town20DurqubaSarranid2 ladders
town21AhmerradSarranid2 ladders
town22BariyyeSarranid 3 ladders
castle1Culmarr CastleRhodokTower+ladder
castle2Malayurg CastleKhergitTower+ladder
castle3Bulugha CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle4Radoghir CastleVaegirTower
castle5Tehlrog CastleNord2 ladders
castle6Tilbaut CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle7Sungetche CastleKhergitTower+ladder
castle8Jeirbe CastleVaegirTower
castle9Jamiche CastleRhodokTower+ladder
castle10Alburq CastleNord2 ladders
castle11Curin CastleNordTower
castle12Chalbek CastleNord2 ladders
castle13Kelredan CastleSwadiaTower
castle14Maras CastleRhodok2 ladders
castle15Ergellon CastleRhodok2 ladders
castle16Almerra CastleRhodok2 ladders
castle17Distar CastleKhergit2 ladders
castle18Ismirala CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle19Yruma CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle20Derchios CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle21Ibdeles CastleRhodokTower+ladder
castle22Unuzdaq CastleKhergit2 ladders
castle23Tevarin CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle24Reindi CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle25Ryibelet CastleSwadiaTower
castle26Senuzgda CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle27Rindyar CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle28Grunwalder CastleRhodok2 ladders
castle29Nelag CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle30Asugan CastleKhergit2 ladders
castle31Vyincourd CastleSwadia2 ladders
castle32Knudarr CastleNord2 ladders
castle33Etrosq CastleRhodok2 ladders
castle34Hrus CastleNordTower+ladder
castle35Haringoth CastleSwadiaTower
castle36Jelbegi CastleNord2 ladders
castle37Dramug CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle38Tulbuk CastleKhergitTower+ladder
castle39Slezkh CastleVaegir2 ladders
castle40Uhhun CastleKhergitTower+ladder
castle41Jameyyed CastleSarranidTower+ladder
castle42Teramma CastleSarranidTower
castle43Sharwa CastleSarranidTower+ladder
castle44Durrin CastleSarranid2 ladders
castle45Caraf CastleSarranid2 ladders
castle46Weyyah CastleSarranid2 ladders
castle47Samarra CastleSarranid2 ladders
castle48Bardaq CastleSarranid2 ladders

SCREENSHOTS

RHODOK SIEGE SCENES

Grunwalder Castle

Grunwalder_Castle.jpg
Grunwalder_Castle2.jpg

Jamiche Castle

Jamiche_Castle2.jpg

Almerra Castle

Almerra_Castle.jpg

Ibdeles Castle

Ibdeles_Castle2.jpg

Ergellon Castle

Ergellon_Castle.jpg

Etrosq Castle

Etrosq_Castle.jpg

Culmarr Castle

Culmarr_Castle2.jpg

Maras Castle

Maras_Castle.jpg

Veluca had a nice set of Large Siege Shields.

Veluca.jpg

Yalen also had a nice set of Large Siege Shields.

Yalen.jpg

Jelkala had a nice set of Large Siege Shields as well.

Jelkala.jpg

SWADIAN SIEGE SCENES

Reindi Castle

Reindi_Castle.jpg

Reindi_Castle3.jpg

Rindyar Castle is a bit... difficult. Sometimes, the Attacker's Army won't use the 2nd ladder, sometimes it will. Don't know why, exactly. Tried everything. The reinforcement wave will do exactly the contrary, though. It won't take the 1st ladder.

Rindyar_Castle.jpg

Derchios Castle

Derchios_Castle.jpg

Kelredan Castle

Kelredan_Castle.jpg

Ryibelet Castle

Ryibelet_Castle.jpg

Tevarin Castle

Tevarin_Castle.jpg

Senuzgda Castle

Senuzgda_Castle.jpg

Haringoth Castle

Haringoth_Castle.jpg

Vyincourd Castlealready had 2 ladders.

Vyincourd_Castle.jpg

Tilbaut Castle will have the Attacker often prefer the smaller ladder. Why? No idea.

Tilbaut_Castle1.jpg

Dhirim

Dhirim.jpg

Uxhal

Uxhal.jpg

Suno already had 2 ladders. But I had to move Entry Point so that the attacker's army actually take the 2nd ladder.

Suno.jpg

Praven is awesome in Vanilla. Just added a few boats on the beach, then a 2nd ladder

Praven1.jpg

Praven2.jpg

Praven3.jpg

NORD SIEGE SCENES

Chalbek Castle was very much... blank. A castle, put on plain ground. It now comes with a nice scenery.

Chalbek2.jpg

Hrus Castle

Hrus_Castle2.jpg

Knudarr Castle

Knudarr_Castle.jpg

Tehlrog Castle has a particularity: the trees are hardcoded in the terrain (!). Meaning you can't remove them. Weird.

Tehlrog_Castle.jpg

Curin Castle, now has a nice siege camp, complete with its fog of war.

Curin_Castle1.jpg

Curin_Castle2.jpg

Alburq Castle was too small to add another ladder on another wall. So I put the 2 ladders side by side, creating a kind of very large ladder.

Alburq_Castle.jpg

Jelbegi Castle was a difficult one. Ladder n°2 is ignored by the Attackers. Don't know why, tried everyting.

Jelbegi_Castle.jpg

Tihr, originally a wooden castle in a standard plain landscape, was remade to match the complete redesign of its Town Center (a fortified harbour). I put it on a beach, too.

Tihr3.jpg

Sargoth's walls were extended. Because Sargoth, capital of the Nord, can't be a small wooden castle. Also added a river, a bridge, a few village houses.

Sargoth.jpg

Wercheg

Wercheg.jpg

VAEGIR SIEGE SCENES

Bulugha Castle

Bulugha_Castle.jpg

Jeirbe Castle

Jeirbe_Castle1.jpg

Jeirbe_Castle2.jpg

Ismirala Castle

Ismirala_Castle2.jpg

Radoghir Castle

Radoghir_Castle1.jpg

Dramug Castle

Dramug_Castle1.jpg

Nelag Castle

Nelag_Castle.jpg

Yruma Castle

Yruma_Castle.jpg

Slezkh Castle

Slezkh_Castle.jpg

Rivacheg

Rivacheg.jpg

Curaw

Curaw.jpg

Khudan

Khudan2.jpg

Reyvadin had its walls extended, and got a gatehouse

Reyvadin.jpg

KHERGIT SIEGE SCENES

Asugan Castle

Asugan_Castle.jpg

Distar Castle

Distar_Castle.jpg

Malayurg Castle

Malayurg_Castle.jpg

Sungetche Castle

Sungetche_Castle2.jpg

Tulbuk Castle

Tulbuk_Castle.jpg

Uhhun Castle

Uhhun_Castle.jpg

Unuzdaq Castle

Unuzdaq_Castle.jpg

Halmar

Halmar.jpg

Ichamur

Ichamur.jpg

Narra

Narra.jpg

Tulga had its walls considerably extended. Added a few things and a gatehouse

Tulga.jpg

SARRANID SIEGE SCENES

Bardaq Castle

Bardaq_Castle.jpg

Caraf Castle

Caraf_Castle.jpg

Durrin Castle

Durrin_Castle1.jpg
Durrin_Castle2.jpg
Durrin_Castle4.jpg

Jameyyed Castle

Jameyyed_Castle.jpg

Samarra Castle

Samarra_Castle.jpg

Sharwa Castle

Sharwa_Castle.jpg

Teramma Castle

Teramma_Castle.jpg

Weyyah Castle got a few new scene props

Weyyah_Castle.jpg

Ahmerrad

Ahmerrad.jpg

Bariyye's siege now begins in the middle of the Palm grove- DOWNLOAD SCENE (Original scene)

Bariyye3.jpg
Bariyye4.jpg

Durquba also has its little Oasis

Durquba2.jpg

Shariz already had two ladders. Extended the walls, added a few things, introduced a gatehouse

Shariz1.jpg

Lord Samuel said:
- Enter a Siege Scene (attacking the castle is the simplest way, but maybe we could use a "Scene Chooser" tool?)

I'm pretty sure that if you enable cheat mode, you'll get a ton of options to enter all kinds of different scenes at the town/castle menu when you travel there. That way you don't have to actually siege the castle/town ingame, which might be annoying with counter attacks etc.

I might apply for this, but I need to think it over a bit. Maybe I don't have time. I'll let you know if I'll help.

I wouldn't mind helping, Patience is one my attributes. Unfortunately I am out of town and able to snag up some internet once in a week if I am lucky. I'll be back on the 22nd.

PS. I have plenty of free time, so if you can catch me while I'm on I'll certainly do by best to whatever signed. If you'd like to pick me up. :grin:

DOCUMENTATION

Nordous' Sceners Guild

CITY SIEGES
0 - Attackers spawn point(including the player, when attacking)
3 - Sally out spawn point.
10 - Defend point, where infantry units of the defender gather to defend
11 - Defenders Infantry spawn point(including the player, when defending)
15 - Reinforcement for the defenders spawn point
40-46 - Archer spawn points. I also add 47 point. It seems a bit buggy. Atleast in early warband versions they had spawned archers, when the battlesize is large
50-55 Siege towers "Path".

Sources:
  • http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88281.msg2278460.html#msg2278460
  • http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.msg1715114.html#msg1715114

Entry Points (Spawn Points)
Villages;
00 - Player
01 - ?
02 - Player when 'training' villager militia (from the "Train peasants" quest).
03 - Bandit infestation spawn point
04 - Villager militia 'training' spawn point (from the "Train peasants" quest)
09 - Villager point of interest (villagers will stay there for a while before moving on)
10 - Villager point of interest
11 - Village Elder
12 - Villager point of interest
30 - 40 - Village Walkers
45 - Fugitive from Lord quest

Town Centres;
00 - Player when entering on foot
01 - Player when entering on horseback
02 - Player when getting out of the Castle
03 -
04 - Player when getting out of the Tavern
05 - Player when getting out of the Shop
06 - Player when getting out of the Arena
07 - Player when getting out of the Prison
08 -
09 - Armor Merchant
10 - Weaponsmith
11 - Guild Master
12 - Horse Merchant
23 - Castle Guard
24 - Prison Guard
25&26 - High Level Guards
27&28 - Low Level Guards
30-40 - Town Walkers

Castle Indoors (In cities or in castles)
0 - Player
6&7 - Guards
16-24 - Lords

Castle Outdoors
40-42 Guards

Taverns
00 - Player
09 - Tavern Keeper
16-24 - Tavern guests (Mercenaries, Travellers, etc.)

Passages
In ALL CITY SCENES (Castle, Tavern, Street, Shop)
00 - Castle
02 - Castle
03 - Town Centre
04 - Tavern
05 - Shop
06 - Arena
07 - Prison

In castles;
0 - Inside
7 - Prison
8 - Courtyard

I'm working on some new textures for troops at the moment, so I can't be much help with this. Sorry Lord Samuel.

Anybody else that can do anything, your help would be greatly appreciated!

i recall that someone already made something similar http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132920.0.html
I remember it was used in floris mod but contained some buggy screnes like knutar castle (sp) which was untakable without auto resolve.It might not be perfect but hopefully it will simplify the work.

The link in the last post seems to be a reworked version of it which fix alot of bugs so it might not be as flawed as when i tried it.

Thanks for the link. I don't know about it, though. They have added not only a ladder, but an entire wall to each castle.
Maybe it's just too much...

Ive always found the siege scenes too small personally so it kinda suits me.Floris 2.4 has the pack i linked and siege scenes actually make sense now where your not immediately bombarded by trowing weapons but you actually have the time to use different strategies to get trough.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's too much for Native Expansion. After all, we just want "better Native", not a fully reworked Mod.

Oh, well. I'll test his Siege Pack, then, and share my impressions.

That guy Smarmellows seems to have been very keen on doing a really decent job.

Yeah , got to love perfectionist's he also fixed most of the buggy stairs and ladders.

Carnivorious said:
You have my mouse at your command :grin: What castle's/towns are done already?

Enthusiasm!

But before we get into this, we need yet to test Smarmellows' Siege Pack, as we said. Maybe it's good enough...
I won't be able to check it myself before next week.

Maybe you could? And share your feelings about it?

Lord Samuel said:
Carnivorious said:
You have my mouse at your command :grin: What castle's/towns are done already?

Enthusiasm!

But before we get into this, we need yet to test Smarmellows' Siege Pack, as we said. Maybe it's good enough...

I'll do my best :smile: But, would it be testing in compatibility with NE or just basic experiences and feelings about it?

Carnivorious said:
Lord Samuel said:

I'll do my best :smile:

Cool!

Carnivorious said:
But, would it be testing in compatibility with NE or just basic experiences and feelings about it?

Well, both, if you can!

Questions are:
1. Does it look good?
2. Does it feel good?
3. Does it work?
4. Is it still possible to attack or defend a castle with the NE-specific troops?

Found 1 bug yesterday. When besieging Nelag Castle, my troops wouldn't cross the ladder. They would go all the way up, but they were not able to go onto the walls and into the fight. First time ever I used the retreat button :razz: Also, when besieging Curaw, I found that it had a large destructible door you need to go through in order to get into the city. Problem: Your troops don't attack the door. It works, that's for sure just.... It's too much. The cities, the castles, the battles have been simplified or so it feels :S

This mod is good, but I don't like the cities. They are nice at first, but cities already take so long... why lengthen the battles even more? I'm a fond of the castles, though they add several ladders. That would be fine, if they didn't add an assload of archers to defend them. Even my Templar Knights had a though time :/ Maybe we could use these and remove the extra ladders?

Carnivorious said:
Found 1 bug yesterday. When besieging Nelag Castle, my troops wouldn't cross the ladder. They would go all the way up, but they were not able to go onto the walls and into the fight. First time ever I used the retreat button :razz: Also, when besieging Curaw, I found that it had a large destructible door you need to go through in order to get into the city. Problem: Your troops don't attack the door. It works, that's for sure just.... It's too much. The cities, the castles, the battles have been simplified or so it feels :S

This mod is good, but I don't like the cities. They are nice at first, but cities already take so long... why lengthen the battles even more? I'm a fond of the castles, though they add several ladders. That would be fine, if they didn't add an assload of archers to defend them. Even my Templar Knights had a though time :/ Maybe we could use these and remove the extra ladders?

'Destructible doors'? Wow, I didn't even know there were destructible doors in either M&B or Warband. Sounds nice... Except if your troops don't attack them and you have to do the job all by yourself.

Well, thank you Carnivorious for this light survey.

But what do you mean by 'remove the extra ladders'? Isn't it all the point of that siege pack: having extra ladders?
Perhaps you mean keeping just two or three ladders instead of more?

As for the archers, I don't think the modders can 'add' defender archers. What they can do, though, is give them a 'better' Spawn Point, a point where they can inflict heavier damage to the attacker army.
Instead of spawning them inside the castle, they will have them spawn on the walls, for example.

Hmm okay, something in my last post didn't really add up :razz:
What I meant was that most castle's have 3/4 ladders where as the SSP only had 2 if I remember correctly? I would like that, because it would get a bit chaotic with that many ladders.
Cities, as they are in the mod, are way too complicated. I would suggest giving them 2 sets of 2 ladders (Which form 1 big ladder), maybe this is better?

Back
Top Bottom