Nditions' European Duelling Tournament III!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added.

Groups will probably constitute six players (meaning every player is guaranteed at least five duels, an improvement on previous tournaments), which should allow up to ninety-six participants (even with the somewhat rapid sign-ups so far, I'd be surprised by that :razz:) without causing any issues to the tournament structure.

Assuming that an exact multiple of six participants don't sign up, a number of groups will be sized either five or seven, depending on how many signed up over/under a multiple of six (for instance if 26 signed up, groups would be 6/6/7/7, if 22 signed up, groups would be 6/6/5/5).

Since forty-four have signed up already, most likely every first place in each group, and a number of second places which will diminish as the number of participants will make it through to the Knockout Stage (at 48 every first and second placed makes it through, at 54 one second place doesn't make it through, at 60 two second places don't make it through and so on).

Since play-offs for which second place makes it through would likely not be feasible due to the number of groups, I'm considering making round difference a factor to break ties. I can see disadvantages to this in a duelling tournament however, as such I'd be interested to hear ideas anyone else has.

Alex_C said:
Since play-offs for which second place makes it through would likely not be feasible due to the number of groups, I'm considering making round difference a factor to break ties. I can see disadvantages to this in a duelling tournament however, as such I'd be interested to hear ideas anyone else has.
Since I'm apparently a proponent of fencing tournament formats, I'll chime in and say that's pretty much the best/only way to go about it. Overall kills minus deaths would be the "indicator score" here -- used to break ties between matching win %s within a pool, obv. Assuming you manage to divide skill equally between each pool/group, there's really not much, if any, problem. This is just how pools work. People generally play with this in mind, and so there's no surprise regarding why you did or didn't advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom