[ND3] - Questions & Answers

Alex_C

Baron
WBWF&S
Best answers
0







Post here any questions, suggestions or such you have relating to Nditions' Duelling Tournament III.
 

Killfacer

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0
captain folms said:
Will somebody record duels?
Most duels will go unrecorded unless those participating in them decide to do it.

Warband_Battlestream will hopefully be recording the big fights. We'll try and avoid just recording the most obvious matches, though obviously they'll be recorded as well. Which match to record will I guess be down to those of us running it though if anybody thinks a duel of theirs will be particularly worth recording then they're welcome to drop me a PM. I'd stress however that considering the huge sum of matches it's not always going to be possible to record a satisfactory amount.

 

Sojetsu

Sergeant
Best answers
0
is it aviable change weapon in the fight? i mean i started with 1h, then wants use 2h for example.
i mean without pause
 

LeRoux

Grandmaster Knight
WBWB
Best answers
0
Are there any event admins who could watch a fight, to make sure people respect the rules?
 
Best answers
0
I don't want to talk myself out of a seeded position but am I (and other people who didn't win a single duel last tournament) really deserving of one?

The list of such players (I think) includes:

captainlust
Carl
Elmira
Barbarian (who not only failed to win but failed to play a single duel)
Sev
Golradir

Kwal (won a duel but only by default)
Firu (same as above but also failed to play a single duel. Sorry Firu!)
 

Alex_C

Baron
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
captain folms said:
Will somebody record duels?
See Killfacer's reply. I'll set up a recordings/media thread too. Besides Warband_Battlestream, any other individual is of course welcome to record duels.

Sojetsu said:
is it aviable change weapon in the fight? i mean i started with 1h, then wants use 2h for example.
i mean without pause
See in the rules: "Players may change weapons between duels, however, once a duel has started they may not change weapons until the duel is over."

This means that once you may change weapons in between separate fights, but not while a fight is going on.

Le Roux said:
Are there any event admins who could watch a fight, to make sure people respect the rules?
Nditions server admins will of course help to keep duels safe from randomers, and can offer advice if they think people are deviating from the rules. At the moment, and complaints/issues people have would be going straight to me.

captain lust said:
I don't want to talk myself out of a seeded position but am I (and other people who didn't win a single duel last tournament) really deserving of one?

The list of such players (I think) includes:

captainlust
Carl
Elmira
Barbarian (who not only failed to win but failed to play a single duel)
Sev
Golradir

Kwal (won a duel but only by default)
Firu (same as above but also failed to play a single duel. Sorry Firu!)
Yes this is a problem. The seeding for this tournament is absolutely terrible once you get beyond the first ~10-15 seeds. This is due in equal parts to the far larger scale of this tournament to the last, and the structure of the last tournament.

One advantage of this tournament's structure is that it will allow me to seed Nditions IV (if that happens) far more accurately than this was seeded.

The advantage of having the people you listed there is that there is at least a fairly solid guarantee of one person who has at least played in a tournament before, and should know how it works per group.

To some extent I also want to get the seeding system right this time round, so I can have an easier job next time.
 
Best answers
0
If that's the case then I think it's fine and perfectly justifiable under that reasoning. Honestly even being seeded, I doubt I'll make it past the group stage.
 

KoA John

Duke
Best answers
0
I saw in the rules that all matches are to be fought on Nditions but out of curiosity can exceptions be made for example two Americans or two Russian players etc to fight on a server that suits them both better?
 

Sojetsu

Sergeant
Best answers
0
John7 said:
I saw in the rules that all matches are to be fought on Nditions but out of curiosity can exceptions be made for example two Americans or two Russian players etc to fight on a server that suits them both better?
most russians now okay to play with 60-120 ping.

but rus server can be amazing but it disbalance for non-russians
 
Best answers
0
I would assume that the duel could take place elsewhere if both players agreed (infact I doubt the location of the duel will be verified) but you might have a difficult time if players failed to confirm the score. You'd be relying on the integrity of the other player. As standard, no matter what the situation is, I expect that either player will be able to force the match to take place on Nditions regardless of what the other player wants.
 

Alex_C

Baron
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
27/04 Rule Added:
  • In the case of two North American-based, two Turkish-based players or two Russian-based players match together, a duel may be arranged on a North American, Turkish or Russian server if both players involved explicitly agree to do so.
 

POM_Zero

Master Knight
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
Players that sign up should be required a steam or taleworlds account, as Broom said its going to be a pain in the ass scheduleing with them otherwise.
 

🐝 M

Marquis
Best answers
0
Z3ro said:
Players that sign up should be required a steam or taleworlds account, as Broom said its going to be a pain in the ass scheduleing with them otherwise.
Don't worry about it too much. If you have to set up a match with someone who's made it difficult to contact them by not having a tw account without providing an alternative then just post your thing in the Duel Communication Thread and it's on them to follow it up.
 

Alex_C

Baron
WBWF&S
Best answers
0
[M] said:
Z3ro said:
Players that sign up should be required a steam or taleworlds account, as Broom said its going to be a pain in the ass scheduleing with them otherwise.
Don't worry about it too much. If you have to set up a match with someone who's made it difficult to contact them by not having a tw account without providing an alternative then just post your thing in the Duel Communication Thread and it's on them to follow it up.
Basically this.

If someone's making it difficult to contact them and their match doesn't get played, any decision will reflect badly on them.