[NC2019] Group Stage Week 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if there's a football match and it is raining, do we rematch because BOTH the teams played in the same environment?

(For the sake of this argument you can make rain anything adequate for lagging)

Habrak said:
So if there's a football match and it is raining, do we rematch because BOTH the teams played in the same environment?

If its heavily raining to the point where its unplayable, the match is delayed.

Fietta said:
Habrak said:

Yes, but it is up to the referee at the exact moment, he did not do it in our case. In our case it's just like cancelling the match when we are winning in the 70th minute, saying that it was raining. Both of us could've slipped, you slipped more times because you were not adapting as well as we were.

Habrak said:
Fietta said:
Habrak said:

Yes, but it is up to the referee at the exact moment, he did not do it in our case. In our case it's just like cancelling the match when we are winning in the 70th minute

I think you misunderstand, this is not football, rules are different, matches are played differently, theres no example you could use to justify your arguments. As I said, I would like a rematch but it depends on the admins decision. If you're pretending that the lagging was OK to justify your answer then discussing it with you seems unreasonable.

For this week, we will not replay sets affected by lag, as it is unworkable across the board. While we accept the arguments regarding the validity of the results, it would force us to extend the tournament by a week as more or less all teams were affected.

We do have another issue, however. For the third set in the Poland - UK match, the wrong factions were used in the absence of referees.

Hence the second map has to be replayed. This includes both the third and fourth set, as the fourth set was not played under the premise that Poland had already won. The replay will have to be completed before the 3rd of November 23:59GMT.

Fietta said:
Habrak said:
Fietta said:
Habrak said:

Yes, but it is up to the referee at the exact moment, he did not do it in our case. In our case it's just like cancelling the match when we are winning in the 70th minute

I think you misunderstand, this is not football, rules are different, matches are played differently, theres no example you could use to justify your arguments. As I said, I would like a rematch but it depends on the admins decision.

Yes, I would not like a rematch. Let's stop here, we both are biased and therefore let the admins make the decision. Have a nice day, I hope we don't meet again this week :???:

Watly said:
For this week, we will not replay sets affected by lag, as it is unworkable across the board. While we accept the arguments regarding the validity of the results, it would force us to extend the tournament by a week as more or less all teams were affected.

We do have another issue, however. For the third set in the Poland - UK match, the wrong factions were used in the absence of referees.

Hence the second map has to be replayed. This includes both the third and fourth set, as the fourth set was not played under the premise that Poland had already won. The replay will have to be completed before the 3rd of November 23:59GMT.

What about the second set considering that result was affected hard, do we not replay the first map? We'll happily remove the first set win if it means a fair first map.

Watly said:

This is very unfair towards us, it does not seem to be a problem to me, what if we played the match to the end? Would you still make us replay it even though we played in a fair environment all the way?

Habrak said:
Watly said:

This is very unfair towards us, it does not seem to be a problem to me, what if we played the match to the end? Would you still make us replay it even though we played in a fair environment all the way?

1 nil

Fietta said:
Watly said:

What about the second set considering that result was affected hard, do we not replay the first map? We'll happily remove the first set win if it means a fair first map.
only two rounds were affected, u won one and we won one. it's fair.

The problem with us having to replay the 2nd map is that, while it is a fault of both the teams that the facs were wrong, it benefits UK. They lost not bcos we had the fac advantage, but bcos we had a very good set and outplayed UK. I do understand where you are coming from, but that decision is not completely fair. Both teams have to make sure the facs are alright, and in that case UK didn't and what do they get for that? Their fault benefits them, and our fault makes us feel the consequences. Also the ref did not even bother to tell us he is leaving.

[17:23]
Watly:
if they had won the set, the ruling would be the same

AngryNerd:
it still would be unfair

Watly:
then it would be unfair to UK

AngryNerd:
yeah

Watly:
in your eyes
to me
it would be in general unfair

If the final decision will be that we have to replay the 2nd map I already demand a one week extension, we as a team can't afford to fit two officials and the trainings required for that in a single week, because it would negatively affect our performances and make the tournament unfair for us.

AngryNerd said:
The problem with us having to replay the 2nd map is that, while it is a fault of both the teams that the facs were wrong, it benefits UK. They lost not bcos we had the fac advantage, but bcos we had a very good set and outplayed UK. I do understand where you are coming from, but that decision is not completely fair. Both teams have to make sure the facs are alright, and in that case UK didn't and what do they get for that? Their fault benefits them, and our fault makes us feel the consequences. Also the ref did not even bother to tell us he is leaving.

Watly:

AngryNerd:
it still would be unfair

Watly:

AngryNerd:
yeah

Watly:
in your eyes
to me

[17:24]
Watly:
you can't just decide you don't like the factions and play different factions

Watly said:
AngryNerd said:

Watly:

AngryNerd:
it still would be unfair

Watly:

AngryNerd:
yeah

Watly:
in your eyes
to me

[17:24]
Watly:
you can't just decide you don't like the factions and play different factions

No one did it, it was a mistake, and those happen

We perfectly understand it was a mistake Angry, but that still not a justification to let the result stands. You are given factions to play on each map, and if you fail at playing them correctly, you have to expect the administration to demand you to replay the specific rounds/sets. It's not about who of UK/Poland did the mistake, as its both captains responsibilities to make sure the correct maps are being played.

Obviously, the referee having to play at the same time and leaving wasn't optimal, neither was the condition in which you guys had to play the matches but for the record, other teams faced the same condition as you, they didn't have an official referee and still managed to play the right factions correctly.

I understand your anger and why you feel you are not treated fairly but from a neutral perspective, that's the best decision we can take.

HKP said:
whats up with the ger tr match now? are we supposed to replay? they said they can't / are not willing to do 2 officials a week
if were supposed to replay would be good to know asap

Both team's contacts informed me that they are playing on Wednesday at 20GMT. Unsure why you are unaware/why it hasn't been posted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom