[NC2019] Grand Final & Bronze Match

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error072 said:
wow na is salty cos for the first time pings were even and not in their favour :lol: honestly considering you wouldn't even make it to top 5 if it was just about skill and not wierd pings, you should be happy with your 2nd place

man this dude can't still overcome his defeat

Shemaforash said:
counted it too, lagstro didn't play on away so he's not counted for example

home
NA 38,5
FRA 20

away
NA 104,5
FRA 96,5

The NA team's head archer and main caller wasn't playing for half the match because of the forced server decision and NA still drew a round at away. That tells you who the better team is.

Error072 said:
wow na is salty cos for the first time pings were even and not in their favour :lol: honestly considering you wouldn't even make it to top 5 if it was just about skill and not wierd pings, you should be happy with your 2nd place
None of the players complaining about the servers are in the team (for the accusations at least). The only thing that can be argued is the fact that we waited half an hour to start when this problem should have been solved a week ago.

Also, we had the decency to respect the enemy team contrary to most of the Polish team during the semi finals. And why are you talking about skill after losing against rhodoks on an open map ... 

whoever won this one was a win-win for me because paulo let me wear the fra_ tag for fun like 4 years ago so rob if you wouldn't mind updating my hall of fame entry as having a gold medal in NC19 that would be appreciated

Error072 said:

xddddd next...

John7 said:
Shemaforash said:

home
NA 38,5
FRA 20

away
NA 104,5
FRA 96,5

The NA team's head archer and main caller wasn't playing for half the match because of the forced server decision and NA still drew a round at away. That tells you who the better team is.

To add some further detail, I believe I had made it clear to Tardet and Watly that if it went to France, I wouldn't be able to play because 170 ping is just too extreme, but that I was going to play if we played UK. That didn't seem to sway the final decision.

I think if people saw the conversation between Tardet Watly and Lagstro they would understand how scummy Watly and Tardet were prior to the match. It's honestly gold material. Truly befitting of two European leaders in the community. Super snaky behavior sssssssssssssssssss.

Lagstro said:
John7 said:
Shemaforash said:

home
NA 38,5
FRA 20

away
NA 104,5
FRA 96,5

To add some further detail, I believe I had made it clear to Tardet and Watly that if it went to France, I wouldn't be able to play because 170 ping is just too extreme, but that I was going to play if we played UK. That didn't seem to sway the final decision.

Theres a lot of difference between 150 and 170? Are you sure?

Roberta_Baratheon said:
I think if people saw the conversation between Tardet Watly and Lagstro they would understand how scummy Watly and Tardet were prior to the match. It's honestly gold material. Truly befitting of two European leaders in the community. Super snaky behavior sssssssssssssssssss.

I mean, what's better, them bunning off home and away and forcing you to play UK only or to make NC EU only, or just you playing with 10 extra ping on a FRA server.

Fietta said:
Theres a lot of difference between 150 and 170? Are you sure?

I believe those numbers are off, especially for Lag's quality of connection. And yes, yes it does make a difference to players who have been doing it for years. We should know vs someone who barely peaks 60 ping on the farthest EU servers across multiple games every time they play multiplayer.

Fietta said:
I mean, what's better, them bunning off home and away and forcing you to play UK only or to make NC EU only, or just you playing with 10 extra ping on a FRA server.

First off the first scenario you listed is not even allowed.

I have nothing to do with Team NA so don't lump me in. I don't speak for any of them either. NA blew four overtime rounds in France that were easily winnable and if it weren't for the tk in the first round they would have won the match in the very first round. They played well and got unlucky the one time to end it all. From a spectator's viewpoint and I think most of the comments on the stream agree, the NA inf outmatched the French inf on both servers for the majority of the match. There was no one on France that could deal with Guacc and the French archers were nonexistent in applying pressure most of the time. In the end it was too many teamkills by the NA team and poor cav play that caused them to not follow up. So anyone saying the NA team can't handle these European team's are fooling themselves. It was a very onesided match if you go back and spec the entirety of the stream.

With two even teams the ping makes a big difference. The fact of the matter is that Tardet played slightly sly all week by stating that the French team most likely wouldn't care about playing in the UK. It wasn't just one comment. It was multiple days of conversations leading up to the match. 40 minutes before the match started Tardet reneged on this earlier statement, which is fair because he never said it was guaranteed that France would play on UK. However the French team did wait until 40 minutes before the match to bring this up. From a person merely reading information, it looks like they entirely did this to throw the NA team off. Another thing of note is that Watly had knowledge of the UK server being set up as he played a practice match against the NA team the day before on that server. In his own rules it states that official server's must be used. The only thing that doesn't make it official is that it wasn't named after an NC server. UK and German players both played on the server prior to today. It also states that admin discretion is allowed when choosing a server.

After arguing this, both Tardet and Watly continued to have a discussion where Watly was convinced to change the rules of the tournament. He had previously been very outspoken about this exact same change two weeks prior against Poland. So there was a clear precedent for Watly to follow based on his own decision making two weeks ago. Tardet turned hostile at this point and said the French were refusing to play EU - NA - NA - EU. Even though these were rules. Tardet's excuse for not allowing NA to play in UK was that the rules didn't allow it. So Tardet acted all high and mighty with one rule and bent another for his team's own gain. Now most captains would do this so there is not much to say on that. But he is no saint in this process. To decide whether or not Watly would follow his own rules he decided that he would flip a virtual coin (I think he used a randomizer). The randomizer happened to fall in NA's favor so they kept the agreed upon server switching. During all this Watly completely ignored everything Lagstro argued and only responded to Tardet. It was a very one sided discussion. Also on the server at this point Watly stated that if the NA team did not adhere to these decisions that France would get the default.

At this point France had delayed the match almost 40 minutes because they couldn't have discussed this during the two weeks that teams were in communication with each other. With zero notice NA switched captain's and sat Lagstro due to him feeling unable to play on French servers.

Although this is just a minor thing and doesn't matter because Watly was arguing between the captain's. France actually broke this rule that has been in effect for every tournament in history. "(1) Both teams have 10 minutes to gather their players on the agreed server. If a team fails to turn up with all eight players 10 minutes after the agreed match start, the other team will be awarded a default win in case its demanded. If an emergency occurs, a team captain can contact before the 10 minutes expire any referee or admin connected at the time to grant an extension. If the reason is valid enough, the admin/referee will grant 10 extra minutes that are added to the already 10 previous minutes, making it 20 in total." France did not have a single player on the server by the time I hopped off which was ten minutes after the start time. The match continued to not be played for another 20 minutes.

None of this all matters because every European team I have witnessed NA play over the years has always cried about something except for Sweden. The United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland were all notable cases. Turkey refused to play in NA for any sets and forced a UK match that they almost lost to before going on to win the finals. UK forced server location. Russia and the Ukraine refuse to play. In every case the captain on the day of the match tries to bend the rules with the admins and get something changed. It's never done a week before, it's always the day of. The admins have ****ed up multiple times and they play it off as "NA should have just won if they are good enough". The NC admins every year since 2013 have been a joke outside of a select few. If you don't want an NA team to compete then don't allow them in the tournament period. I can't think of one year where some strange admin decision hasn't circled the NA team. These decisions shouldn't be made after the match was supposed to start.

If Gorlock played then NA would have won.

I wouldn't blame Tardet. In the end, he had to voice his team's opinion even if he personally thought that France shouldn't have had a problem with playing on the UK server.

The decision was solely in Watly's hands, and he didn't even entertain the idea of having us check our pings to see what would provide a fairer match, even when both Tardet and I knew very well that UK would have accomplished that, even while still being in France's advantage. Tardet has already admitted to that many times now. Obviously France was going to want to play France, they were looking to win, but it was on Watly to be an actual admin and try to find the fairest solution and enforce that, but he didn't even make an attempt at it.

UK would have been the fairer server, Watly knew it, Tardet knew it, we knew it, the casters knew it, twitch chat knew it, everyone but Fietta and Error knew it, but alas, this wouldn't be a real NC without some sort of drama at the end.

There's very little point in talking about what "could" have happened if the match was played on a different server, if anything, what should be talked about is why we couldn't be provided with the fairest available solution in the first place. You'd think the final match would have been handled with the most care.

Error072 said:
its literally as easy in eu as it is in na shut yo mouf

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Fietta said:

I have nothing to do with Team NA so don't lump me in. I don't speak for any of them either. NA blew four overtime rounds in France that were easily winnable and if it weren't for the tk in the first round they would have won the match in the very first round. They played well and got unlucky the one time to end it all. From a spectator's viewpoint and I think most of the comments on the stream agree, the NA inf outmatched the French inf on both servers for the majority of the match. There was no one on France that could deal with Guacc and the French archers were nonexistent in applying pressure most of the time. In the end it was too many teamkills by the NA team and poor cav play that caused them to not follow up. So anyone saying the NA team can't handle these European team's are fooling themselves. It was a very onesided match if you go back and spec the entirety of the stream.

With two even teams the ping makes a big difference. The fact of the matter is that Tardet played slightly sly all week by stating that the French team most likely wouldn't care about playing in the UK. It wasn't just one comment. It was multiple days of conversations leading up to the match. 40 minutes before the match started Tardet reneged on this earlier statement, which is fair because he never said it was guaranteed that France would play on UK. However the French team did wait until 40 minutes before the match to bring this up. From a person merely reading information, it looks like they entirely did this to throw the NA team off. Another thing of note is that Watly had knowledge of the UK server being set up as he played a practice match against the NA team the day before on that server. In his own rules it states that official server's must be used. The only thing that doesn't make it official is that it wasn't named after an NC server. UK and German players both played on the server prior to today. It also states that admin discretion is allowed when choosing a server.

After arguing this, both Tardet and Watly continued to have a discussion where Watly was convinced to change the rules of the tournament. He had previously been very outspoken about this exact same change two weeks prior against Poland. So there was a clear precedent for Watly to follow based on his own decision making two weeks ago. Tardet turned hostile at this point and said the French were refusing to play EU - NA - NA - EU. Even though these were rules. Tardet's excuse for not allowing NA to play in UK was that the rules didn't allow it. So Tardet acted all high and mighty with one rule and bent another for his team's own gain. Now most captains would do this so there is not much to say on that. But he is no saint in this process. To decide whether or not Watly would follow his own rules he decided that he would flip a virtual coin (I think he used a randomizer). The randomizer happened to fall in NA's favor so they kept the agreed upon server switching. During all this Watly completely ignored everything Lagstro argued and only responded to Tardet. It was a very one sided discussion. Also on the server at this point Watly stated that if the NA team did not adhere to these decisions that France would get the default.

At this point France had delayed the match almost 40 minutes because they couldn't have discussed this during the two weeks that teams were in communication with each other. With zero notice NA switched captain's and sat Lagstro due to him feeling unable to play on French servers.

Although this is just a minor thing and doesn't matter because Watly was arguing between the captain's. France actually broke this rule that has been in effect for every tournament in history. "(1) Both teams have 10 minutes to gather their players on the agreed server. If a team fails to turn up with all eight players 10 minutes after the agreed match start, the other team will be awarded a default win in case its demanded. If an emergency occurs, a team captain can contact before the 10 minutes expire any referee or admin connected at the time to grant an extension. If the reason is valid enough, the admin/referee will grant 10 extra minutes that are added to the already 10 previous minutes, making it 20 in total." France did not have a single player on the server by the time I hopped off which was ten minutes after the start time. The match continued to not be played for another 20 minutes.

None of this all matters because every European team I have witnessed NA play over the years has always cried about something except for Sweden. The United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland were all notable cases. Turkey refused to play in NA for any sets and forced a UK match that they almost lost to before going on to win the finals. UK forced server location. Russia and the Ukraine refuse to play. In every case the captain on the day of the match tries to bend the rules with the admins and get something changed. It's never done a week before, it's always the day of. The admins have **** up multiple times and they play it off as "NA should have just won if they are good enough". The NC admins every year since 2013 have been a joke outside of a select few. If you don't want an NA team to compete then don't allow them in the tournament period. I can't think of one year where some strange admin decision hasn't circled the NA team. These decisions shouldn't be made after the match was supposed to start.

You can write a novel and find all the good reasons in the world, in the end, France won. Get on with it.

As the legendary fan of NA and the bench warmer of the outside bench, I congratulate both the NA and the French side, both teams showed both focus and determination leading up to an intense match. France did not underestimate the NA's which caused them to not do mistakes often and the NA's gave it their all, afterall a great match and a final for the last NC of warband.

Let's not overshadow the actual performance of both teams by discussing things that in the end won't matter anymore  :wink:

Congrats to France for winning it, you deserved it !

Both France and NA impressed us during the tourney with their great performances, well played  :party:

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Fietta said:

None of this all matters because every European team I have witnessed NA play over the years has always cried about something except for Sweden. The United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Poland were all notable cases. Turkey refused to play in NA for any sets and forced a UK match that they almost lost to before going on to win the finals. UK forced server location. Russia and the Ukraine refuse to play. In every case the captain on the day of the match tries to bend the rules with the admins and get something changed. It's never done a week before, it's always the day of. The admins have **** up multiple times and they play it off as "NA should have just won if they are good enough". The NC admins every year since 2013 have been a joke outside of a select few. If you don't want an NA team to compete then don't allow them in the tournament period. I can't think of one year where some strange admin decision hasn't circled the NA team. These decisions shouldn't be made after the match was supposed to start.

If this isnt the most woke post to ever grace the forums... I dont know what is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom